Good Lightning Deck

Kaito232

I'm running MAmpharos. I want to know if there's a way to improve this deck, or if there is a better Lightning deck. It does need evolution for the daily challenges though.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 16

3 Ampharos-EX AOR 87
2 M Ampharos-EX AOR 88
3 Magnemite BKT 51
1 Magneton BKT 53
3 Magnezone BKT 54
2 Remoraid BKT 31
2 Octillery BKT 33

Trainer Cards - 29

3 Rough Seas PRC 137
3 Shauna PHF 104
4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
2 Rare Candy PRC 135
1 Lysandre FLF 90
1 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
1 Clemont GEN 59
2 Ampharos Spirit Link AOR 70
2 Evosoda XY 116
1 Fisherman BKT 136
1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
3 Skyla BKT 148
1 Float Stone PLF 99
1 Professor Sycamore XY 122
1 Muscle Band XY 121
2 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 15

12 Lightning Energy XYEnergy 6
2 Flash Energy AOR 83
1 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

For daily challenges I use a 0 energy deck full of supporters and items that make the evo's come out quick. Usually I get 8-10 per match unless there's an item lock.

But for the deck itself, I would only run 2-1-2 Magnemite line. Unless you want to use Magnezone on the offense. But I would just use it for support of energy acceleration and I would run 4-3 Ampharos line. In general my changes:

-1 Magnemite

-1 Magnezone

+1 Ampharos EX

+1 M Ampharos EX

-1 Shauna

+1 Ampharos Spirit Link

-1 Ultra Ball

-2 Evo sodas

+2 Level balls -> Faster way to get sushi master out. With this, you can drop a shauna.

+1 Clemont

-1 Pokemon Center Lady

-1 Skyla

+1 Muscle Band

+1 VS Seeker

-2 Lightning energies

+2 DCE

M Ampharos is one of those pokemon that seems good, but just never really works. Having said that, I'd probably take out the Magnezone line and instead rely on Mega Turbo and Max Elixir. You'll be screwed against Item Lock, but you would be with this deck too anyway. 

I've played 32 matches and won 23 for a 72% win so far. That's the second best out of my decks with my Garchomp deck being first at 80 % win. I figured other people would have ideas to improve this deck so I asked. Like FlaFla, he gave me some good pointers about using Level Balls, which work for Magnemite and Magneton as well if I don't have Rare Candy but have a Magnezone.

My main goals right now are trying to build at least one deck for each/most types for Daily Challenges while climbing the VS Ladder and one good Tournament deck to get packs to trade.

Magnezone is better for cards like Raichu BREAK, Raikou, and Pikachu-EX. Raikou's attack gets stronger with more energies, and Fisherman or Super Rod lets you use the Chu's strong attacks multiple turns in a row.

For Ampharos deck, I'd say Magnezone is more hassle than it's worth. Once you have 4 energies on Ampharos, Magnezone becomes kinda useless. Mega Turbo and Max Elixir all the way!

For daily challenges I use a 0 energy deck full of supporters and items that make the evo's come out quick. Usually I get 8-10 per match unless there's an item lock.

But for the deck itself, I would only run 2-1-2 Magnemite line. Unless you want to use Magnezone on the offense. But I would just use it for support of energy acceleration and I would run 4-3 Ampharos line. In general my changes:

-1 Magnemite

-1 Magnezone

+1 Ampharos EX

+1 M Ampharos EX

-1 Shauna

+1 Ampharos Spirit Link

-1 Ultra Ball

-2 Evo sodas

+2 Level balls -> Faster way to get sushi master out. With this, you can drop a shauna.

+1 Clemont

-1 Pokemon Center Lady

-1 Skyla

+1 Muscle Band

+1 VS Seeker

-2 Lightning energies

+2 DCE

Do you watch DarkIntegral? I think he calls Octillery that too.

Archived