game crashed after launch

termitdk

I start the game is loading . 5 seconds later it crashes . And now with the launch of a black screen for about 3 seconds and the flight . Help!!!

are you a Mac user? if you are, this solution that i came up with may help you because it certainly worked well for me and one other user on the other thread as well. If you are not then i don't know much of to help you.

Ill just copy paste what i wrote. All the best :)

1) Delete the game itself first.

2) Click on 'Go' located on your top window, press the 'alt/option' key and select 'Library'. The "Library' consists a lot of folders of apps or items you downloaded/used/using/originally was there etc. 

3) Go to 'Cache' folder. Find the folder that contains files about pokemon, usually at the bottom (for me), then move it to thrash. 

4) Go to 'Saved Application State'. Find the folder that contains files about pokemon, then move it to thrash.

Cautious* for step 3 and 4: I am not sure but there might be more than one folder that is linked to PTCGO, but usually would only be one folder. IF there is one, just move it to thrash as well. 

5) Delete them all. EMPTY THRASH. 

6) Once you are done with the deletes, go to the official site and download the game. By then, it should be fine because you have already deleted all files related to the previous version you have. 

Although i have to say, it was still quite buggy. The loading assets was stucked at 93% (again), but when i quit it and restarted it again, it worked. Guys, i am not a tech nerd but i hope this helps. If yours still doesn't work, then i am not too sure what went wrong. Good Luck  :)

are you a Mac user? if you are, this solution that i came up with may help you because it certainly worked well for me and one other user on the other thread as well. If you are not then i don't know much of to help you.

Ill just copy paste what i wrote. All the best :)

1) Delete the game itself first.

2) Click on 'Go' located on your top window, press the 'alt/option' key and select 'Library'. The "Library' consists a lot of folders of apps or items you downloaded/used/using/originally was there etc. 

3) Go to 'Cache' folder. Find the folder that contains files about pokemon, usually at the bottom (for me), then move it to thrash. 

4) Go to 'Saved Application State'. Find the folder that contains files about pokemon, then move it to thrash.

Cautious* for step 3 and 4: I am not sure but there might be more than one folder that is linked to PTCGO, but usually would only be one folder. IF there is one, just move it to thrash as well. 

5) Delete them all. EMPTY THRASH. 

6) Once you are done with the deletes, go to the official site and download the game. By then, it should be fine because you have already deleted all files related to the previous version you have. 

Although i have to say, it was still quite buggy. The loading assets was stucked at 93% (again), but when i quit it and restarted it again, it worked. Guys, i am not a tech nerd but i hope this helps. If yours still doesn't work, then i am not too sure what went wrong. Good Luck  :)

Thank you for fairly detailed answer, but I'm not a user MAC

Thank you for fairly detailed answer, but I'm not a user MAC

no problem, i hope you get a solution to this issue ASAP :)

Same problem here. On my main pc, no problem. But on my laptop the game crashed during the last update and doesn't work anymore.

I try to delete game and reinstall, re-download the installer etc....but nothing work ! Game launch and shutdown directly.

Laptop is on Win10, nvidia graphic card is updated. (and even if i try to play with the intel graphic processor, it does'nt work)

Same problem here. On my main pc, no problem. But on my laptop the game crashed during the last update and doesn't work anymore.

I try to delete game and reinstall, re-download the installer etc....but nothing work ! Game launch and shutdown directly.

Laptop is on Win10, nvidia graphic card is updated. (and even if i try to play with the intel graphic processor, it does'nt work)

same problem here.  I tried installing on my new laptop and it logs in, loads, and then immediately shuts down. :(

i just downloaded the game and tryed doing the tutorial for a refresher, when the board loads the game crashes, every time. 

Archived