Gee...Thanks

chaser595

With the recent maintenance that has been occurring both the unscheduled and this extremely long one today was expecting a booster pack or so but nope i don't get those i could now i'm further behind on ladder as is. so what do i get a uncommon chest and you know what is inside a uncommon gurdurr...and 5 coins. I'm tired of all this, there is obviously been a lot of complaints towards the length of the ladder and the current reward system. its getting harder to get anything. Sorry to say this but it seems the more i have been playing recently the more i see the staff running tcgo as a bunch of elitists. 

1. The ladder is a rewards program. You're complaining about rewards. While playing a game. That's doesn't have to give you anything.

2. Maintenance, scheduled or not, is important when they need to fix things. You try running a game this size without running into any problems you need downtime to solve.

3. Why do you expect some kind of payment in return for not being online? There are other things to do in life than play PTCGO. Go read a book or something. How can you be so upset about downtime when you're so quick to leave the game when it's back up?

Dear staff, thanks for all that you've done on this game. This game is amazing no matter what everyone says, and I respect that you continue to work on this game as well as offer us what you feel are fair rewards even as players all over feedback put you down

yeah your right the game doesn't haven't have to give me anything, but hey not everyone can pay for cards in real life either. cards are expensive the only reason i have the most of my cards i have is because of the hours of grinding i did when i started. so yes i am going to complain about the rewards system if i am not able to get cards and am forced to pay a bunch of money. The best part of this game and why it has attracted more people than it used to is the fact that you don't have to buy into the game to earn things when it gets messed with its obviously going to cause people to get upset. by the way another reason to complain is that yes you are right there are other things i would like to do in real life. That's a strong argument because i play only for 10 wins a day somedays not at all so i lose time trying to get the prizes. yeah i want to be doing other things but if i am losing time i am forced to play longer if i want those cards. 

i never use those poison decks like night march i don't like playing against decks like those so i don't use them regardless of the ladder

With the recent maintenance that has been occurring both the unscheduled and this extremely long one today was expecting a booster pack or so but nope i don't get those i could now i'm further behind on ladder as is. so what do i get a uncommon chest and you know what is inside a uncommon gurdurr...and 5 coins. I'm tired of all this, there is obviously been a lot of complaints towards the length of the ladder and the current reward system. its getting harder to get anything. Sorry to say this but it seems the more i have been playing recently the more i see the staff running tcgo as a bunch of elitists. 

I agree with PnP here. You are complaining that you are not getting as good of a chance at getting the rewards that they are offering you. Obviously you can have your opinion. You did lose a day (of playing, not real life time by any means). But, what do you expect them to do about it? Not have maintenance? Give you the rewards anyway? Maintenance is something that is going to happen, and is good for the game. Believe it or not, the game does improve every time they change something.

the ladder only rewards people who use cheap easymode decks, not people who just want to play a game

This is far from the truth. It rewards everyone precisely the same: win more games, get more rewards. You need an average of 10 wins per day. If you chose to get those wins using a deck with no pokemon except Magikarp, that is 100% your choice. But the rewards are in no way biased or unfair. 

I agree with PnP here. You are complaining that you are not getting as good of a chance at getting the rewards that they are offering you. Obviously you can have your opinion. You did lose a day (of playing, not real life time by any means). But, what do you expect them to do about it? Not have maintenance? Give you the rewards anyway? Maintenance is something that is going to happen, and is good for the game. Believe it or not, the game does improve every time they change something.

This is far from the truth. It rewards everyone precisely the same: win more games, get more rewards. You need an average of 10 wins per day. If you chose to get those wins using a deck with no pokemon except Magikarp, that is 100% your choice. But the rewards are in no way biased or unfair. 

I have to disagree. The game got worse after 3.34. The reward output for winning has been horrible (to me and some others. Others seem to have 10 rabbit feet with them + the "Luck of the Irish"). Sure, the mods don't have to give any rewards, but then a lot less people would play.

And you missed his point. Well, he didn't explain it that good either. i believe what he meant was that it's hard for someone to climb the vs ladder without a really good deck. It took me months of playing to get cards I needed to start winning more than losing. Most people goes for 10 wins a day. 10 wins = 100 VS Points = 2000 VS Points in 3 weeks. Getting 10 wins a day in a reasonable time is hard unless you have a very good deck. Which brings up the game getting better with each update again..

When the VS Ladder first started, it was nowhere near 2000 points for the whole thing. I remember the Blastoise-EX ladder having FA Archie's Ace in the Hole at the end. I don't remember how many points it was to get it, but I'm positive it wasn't 2000. Is it better for the last prize (Always a FA Supporter so far) to be less than 2000 points or 2000 points exactly? New players, inexperienced, not OP deck users (myself included) will say less than 2000 is better.

When the VS Ladder first started, it was nowhere near 2000 points for the whole thing. I remember the Blastoise-EX ladder having FA Archie's Ace in the Hole at the end. I don't remember how many points it was to get it, but I'm positive it wasn't 2000. Is it better for the last prize (Always a FA Supporter so far) to be less than 2000 points or 2000 points exactly? New players, inexperienced, not OP deck users (myself included) will say less than 2000 is better.

Oh I completely agree with this. I am all for shortening the ladder (although I am also for both leaving it the same and making it longer at the same time, I made a very long suggestion post on that awhile ago, it's complicated lol). But what the post came across to me as saying was essentially "NighMarch users are cheaters and are the only people who can finish the ladder." Perhaps that was not the intention, but it is certainly not true. It is a time commitment, and although NM may be the most efficient (debatable) for this, it can be achieved with any decent deck realistically. 

. It took me months of playing to get cards I needed to start winning more than losing.

Or... you can use water/grass basic theme deck and get good win ratio after few days of training.

There's no rules, that force you playing against OP decks in other mods.

I got my first 2000 points in 10 days by playing only Basic Electric deck btw.

was it FA pokemon centre Lady the last non-2000 point ladder?

problem with theme decks... are they take longer then normal battles, and grass/water just ruin the tier completly

yeah your right the game doesn't haven't have to give me anything, but hey not everyone can pay for cards in real life either. cards are expensive the only reason i have the most of my cards i have is because of the hours of grinding i did when i started. so yes i am going to complain about the rewards system if i am not able to get cards and am forced to pay a bunch of money. The best part of this game and why it has attracted more people than it used to is the fact that you don't have to buy into the game to earn things when it gets messed with its obviously going to cause people to get upset. by the way another reason to complain is that yes you are right there are other things i would like to do in real life. That's a strong argument because i play only for 10 wins a day somedays not at all so i lose time trying to get the prizes. yeah i want to be doing other things but if i am losing time i am forced to play longer if i want those cards. 

Really? You don't have the money to buy a simple pack? Sorry not to sound rude but i don't believe that

yes its called im in college and spend my money for education. a single pack is like 4 dollars you aren't guaranteed anything either and for 1 code no thank you. i'm not backing down on this. they used to give out a pack of cards when the servers were down now they give out nothing and this time they gave an uncommon chest which i got 5 coins and a gurdurr. it seems to me that there has been a trend lately where it is getting harder and harder to get free stuff. 

yes its called im in college and spend my money for education. a single pack is like 4 dollars you aren't guaranteed anything either and for 1 code no thank you. i'm not backing down on this. they used to give out a pack of cards when the servers were down now they give out nothing and this time they gave an uncommon chest which i got 5 coins and a gurdurr. it seems to me that there has been a trend lately where it is getting harder and harder to get free stuff. 

Yeah in that sense i do agree but i can't complain much because my rng isn't bad.

the ladder only rewards people who use cheap easymode decks, not people who just want to play a game

inb4 this thread turns into a night march hate group  :P

Archived