[GAME] Versus Mode - Game soft locked at the beginning of the match with turn timers stuck

CycloneGU

This is a weird one.

A game started  I discovered I would have to redraw.  I say OK, the opponent plays something to his side.  The timer then stops at 24:50 (mine at 24:56), and it stayed there, with his turn flashing.  The "hurry up" clock came up numerous times, but he isn't doing anything (likely unable), I'm not doing anything (it's not my turn!), and we're in suspended animation.  After chat messages from me asking what was going on, I noticed the Concede button was blacked out on my game, suggesting he had already closed out; I also am unable to chat as anything I send is lost right now.

There's no point to me requesting support without reporting this here for anyone else experiencing it, but is something going on that is buggy in Versus mode?

This is the post-all-day maintenance and it's only my second game.  I'm already extremely annoyed that I have lost a lot of playing time I would have used in the ladder, and think the requirements for this week in ladder need to be relaxed for everyone.  A chest doesn't help us get to 2,000 ladder points and a full-art Bianca.

It just happened again.  This game's network detection is so primitive and not caught up to the rest of the Internet's that, when a disconnection came up during an opponent's turn, it came up on his end saying it's my turn but the game showed me it was his turn.  Neither of us can play.  We're both literally stuck.  And my Concede button eventually vanished again, suggesting to me that the game officially timed me out and he got a win.

This time, I show him with a running clock, so I'm hoping it times out for his clock and I get a win out of it (surely he'll get a win from me, too).  I have to kill another ten minutes to find out, and I'm going to try to completely reconnect afterwards.

The connection issues for Versus need to be looked at.  If someone ends up disconnecting, the game should do what it does for tournament, and for Trainer's Challenge: hold the game paused until the player reconnects, and then restart the game.  If a player doesn't reconnect for five minutes, the game is called.  I think that's fair.  As is, I'm finding it impossible to play, and it makes it impossible to do things like ladder to obtain rewards, let alone play in tournaments.  Note I cannot get any game logs, and the game logs would not show the problem anyway.

Hi CycloneGU!

When you experience this issue, do you see a yellow or red WiFi symbol in the bottom corner near your avatar? This is the game's latency indicator and should appear when the game senses a problem with your connection to the game server. That is generally when issues like this start to pop up.

If you continue to experience this and do see that indicator, we recommend checking the source of your connection for stability, closing any unnecessary background programs that could be interfering with your connection, and running an antivirus/malware scan.

I'll pass along your suggestion regarding a re-connection timer in Versus Mode. We greatly appreciate your input! :)

Hi CycloneGU!

When you experience this issue, do you see a yellow or red WiFi symbol in the bottom corner near your avatar? This is the game's latency indicator and should appear when the game senses a problem with your connection to the game server. That is generally when issues like this start to pop up.

If you continue to experience this and do see that indicator, we recommend checking the source of your connection for stability, closing any unnecessary background programs that could be interfering with your connection, and running an antivirus/malware scan.

I'll pass along your suggestion regarding a re-connection timer in Versus Mode. We greatly appreciate your input! :)

Indeed, that evening, after I disconnected completely and reconnected, it seemed to work after that for a while.  The reconnection timer would be ideal, however, as I was in a game just yesterday and got the cards I needed to win the game...and then out of nowhere a red X appeared in the lower right corner, causing me to not be able to complete the game and get the win.  I was understandably salty after that one.

I also encounter this bug, I will post more details on how it can be redone.

1. Player 1 don't have any pokemon in their hands.
2. Player 2 doesn't hit "done" and the timer keep going.
3. the game is stuck.

I also encounter this bug, I will post more details on how it can be redone.

1. Player 1 don't have any pokemon in their hands.

2. Player 2 doesn't hit "done" and the timer keep going.

3. the game is stuck.

No, it can happen mid-game and randomly.  My game was doing just fine yesterday, and I went to click a Greninja to use Water Shuriken, and suddenly the red X appeared.  The reconnection timer can't come soon enough.

Archived