Can we Have a Web App?

spacyjaguar4114

Hello everyone, I've been playing a bit of FIFA lately and when I went to their Web App I found it very cool and helpful, especially when the servers are down (which is quite often with EA). Anyway, I thought; PTCGO should have a web app. You won't be able to battle or go to the shop in it, but you could talk to people, post public trades and private trades. That way, when there is a maintenance like there is one when I am writing this, we can go and check our trades, try to find some deals on public and see if we can make a trade with our friends. Of course this would take quite a while, but it could really benefit our growing Pokemon community. Also, it would really be helpful to the people who wanna do some quick trades well they're at work, so when they come home they might have a few packs or cards waiting for them. I also think we should be able to open packs on the app. So, pretty much we should be able to do everything we can in-game besides buy stuff in the shop and battle. You can, see your collection, make a deck, open packs, trade, chat etc. I feel that this would be really cool and I am sure a few other feel the same. Anyway, my questions to you Pokemon Co. is: Can we have a web app sometime in the future?

I hope you consider my ideas and discuss this among yourselves.

Thank you for reading.

Spacy

I would love them to implement this. A web app where you could trade and chat would be very nice for many people. Do I think they will do it in the foreseeable future? I doubt it. But I sure hope it is something they will at least consider for future development of the game.  

I would love them to implement this. A web app where you could trade and chat would be very nice for many people. Do I think they will do it in the foreseeable future? I doubt it. But I sure hope it is something they will at least consider for future development of the game.  

I kinda think it will happen maybe in a year or 2. This is mainly to build the community. A lot of people who play PTCGO are just in it for the collecting. If you can collect cards without having to download anything, it could bring a lot of people to our small yet growing community

Hi spacyjaguar4114,

Thank you for the suggestion! 

I think this being able to do certain things on the website as well as in-game is an interesting idea. I've passed it along for further review. 

Hi spacyjaguar4114,

Thank you for the suggestion! 

I think this being able to do certain things on the website as well as in-game is an interesting idea. I've passed it along for further review. 

Awesome! Thanks a ton!

I would even be up for a trading app(like all you can do is just post/look at other pub offers) and It would link up with your actual account and still uses your coins and stuff, but you can't play games, cause there are times I have not been home and would like to check my trades but I can't lol. But the web app sounds great as well. Like all I have been and will be doing during this maintenance practicing some knife throwing and studying for upcoming tests while I could be checking my trades and getting a bigger collection, like who needs a life, am I right? No jk but this is a GREAT idea. :)

I would even be up for a trading app(like all you can do is just post/look at other pub offers) and It would link up with your actual account and still uses your coins and stuff, but you can't play games, cause there are times I have not been home and would like to check my trades but I can't lol. But the web app sounds great as well. Like all I have been and will be doing during this maintenance practicing some knife throwing and studying for upcoming tests while I could be checking my trades and getting a bigger collection, like who needs a life, am I right? No jk but this is a GREAT idea. :)

My idea is a trading app and then some. Unless you mean just a trading app. That could be cool as well. Maybe that would be a good way to start it off. Implement a trading web app so people can get a feel for it and decide whether they like it or not. Then, if it gets some good feedback give use something else and the gradually finish the app after a while. First, we get used to the public trading, then the chating and private trading after that we can manage our collection. After a few months we will become masters of each section individually. It would be a very good way to learn how to use the web app. Maybe every month, implement a new aspect?

My idea is a trading app and then some. Unless you mean just a trading app. That could be cool as well. Maybe that would be a good way to start it off. Implement a trading web app so people can get a feel for it and decide whether they like it or not. Then, if it gets some good feedback give use something else and the gradually finish the app after a while. First, we get used to the public trading, then the chating and private trading after that we can manage our collection. After a few months we will become masters of each section individually. It would be a very good way to learn how to use the web app. Maybe every month, implement a new aspect?

I think I neglected to mention that this trading only app would be for phones only, and tablets lol, my bad.

I think I neglected to mention that this trading only app would be for phones only, and tablets lol, my bad.

Oh! That's what you mean. That would still be pretty cool

Archived