Snoring and Relaxing in Legacy

pokemasterTz

Hello PTCGO! Recently I've been tinkering around with this idea in my head. Legacy has been super fun, and I've been brainstorming as hard as I can for an entirely new format. Anyway, I came up with this deck. Basically it uses Deoxys EX to power up Team Plasma Pokemon, along with other cards like Plasma Energy, Colress Machine and Thundurus EX to deal serious damage. So basically the generic Plasma decks that have been going around right...WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT LIST??? Here's the decklist:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 11

3 Snorlax PLS 101
1 Genesect-EX PLB 11
2 Thundurus-EX PR-BLW BW81
1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
4 Deoxys-EX PLF 53

Trainer Cards - 38

2 Colress PLS 118
1 Computer Search BCR 137
1 N DEX 96
4 Pokémon Catcher EPO 95
4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
2 Float Stone PLF 99
4 Colress Machine PLS 119
4 Junk Arm TM 87
3 Silver Bangle PLB 88
3 Pokémon Collector HS 97
3 Professor Oak's New Theory CL 83
4 Professor Juniper DEX 98
1 Tool Scrapper DRX 116
1 Shadow Triad PLF 102
1 Skyla BKT 148

Energy - 11

4 Plasma Energy PLB 91
3 Lightning Energy Energy 4
4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Before you ask, yes, the goal of this attack is to take prizes with Snorlax. Let's break down the list card by card:

3 Snorlax 

The card our deck is based around. Snorlax saw play around the time Plasma was popular, with the infamous Quad Snorlax Hypnotoxic Laser KO's. For those of you that don't know, Snorlax's abilitty prevents your opponents Pokemon from retreating as long as Snorlax is active. Quad Snorlax basically had a player putting down Snorlax as the only Pokemon in his or her deck, dragging one of the opponents set-up, non-attacking Pokemon out, and using Hypnotoxic Laser to eventually knockout that Pokemon, with it unable to retreat. We're taking it one step further and getting more ridiculous - We're using Snorlax's 5-energy attack, Teampact. Teampact does 30 damage times the number of Team Plasma Pokemon in play, and with a bit of setup with the rest of these cards, you can see the KO potential right away.

1 Genesect-EX 

Genesect's ability, Red Signal, is basically a Lysandre that activates with a Plasma Energy. This can be useful as of two reasons. First of all, Genesect EX can drag out something so you can knock it out, usually something that you may have a difficulty with, or something that's just easy prizes like Jirachi EX. Second of all, it can be used for stalling when paired with block, trapping something your opponent does not want active while you set up. Genesect is also a Team Plasma Pokemon, so it fuels Teampact as well.

2 Thundurus-EX 

As mentioned, Teampact has a horrendous five-energy attack cost, so you need some energy acceleration. Thundurus EX has got you covered with Raiden Knuckle, letting you smack energy from your discard pile one of your benched Team Plasma Pokemon. Note that this includes Special Energy, which means you can charge up Teampacts early game, or recover DCE's and Plasma Energy's late game.

1 Jirachi-EX 

Need a supporter? Jirachi's got you covered. It also basically turns all Ultra Balls into Computer Searches (Ultra Ball > Jirachi > Skyla > Comp. Search > Anything).

4 Deoxys-EX 

Good old Deoxys EX. Deoxys understands the importance of teamwork, and as such, when his buddy Snorlax tries to make a Teampact, Deoxys lends a hand. Power Connects stack up fast, and can also make Raiden Knuckle do a little more damage, which is nice considering there's no Muscle Band. Each Deoxys EX makes Teampact do a whooping 40 more damage, being a Team Plasma Pokemon. 3 Deoxys + Silver Bangle on Snorlax is an instant OHKO on EX's.

2 Colress 

Basic shuffle-draw. Since your using bench based damage and are usually going to have a full Bench, Colress get's you a nice amount of cards consistently. With a Pokemon Collector and then a Colress, you usually have a decently sized hand.

1 Computer Search 

The ACE SPEC of choice. It's always nice to be able to search for anything you want, and considering wall the ways you can get and re-use it, it's pretty broken.

1 N 

As usual, the hated/loved N is present and accounted for. Early draw power, disruption, and comeback potential all at the same time makes for a great card worth including.

4 Pokémon Catcher 

Same effect as Genesect, same purpose. With Red Signals in tandem, Block locks happen pretty consistently. Unlike Red Signal, it can be recycled with Junk Arm.

4 Ultra Ball 

Standard staple and search power. I don't like the Plasma Ball Split or just the pure Plasma Ball, as Ultra Ball let's me do my Jirachi to Comp. Search thing and provides fuel for Raiden Knuckle.

2 Float Stone 

Used in case Deoxys, Genesect, or Jirachi start out. If you have enough Plasma Pokemon, you can also use this on Snorlax instead of Silver Bangle in the event you have to retreat.

4 Colress Machine 

Fastest way to accelerate (Plasma) energy onto Snorlax. One or two DCE with Colress Machines? Bingo.

4 Junk Arm 

Let's you re-use needed resources, including Comp. Search. This means you can play up to 5 Comp. Searches every game. Scary.

3 Silver Bangle 

Free extra 30 damage against EX's for Teampact. As menttioned, 3 Deoxys EX with this work wonders.

3 Pokémon Collector 

Instant 3 Deoxys or whatever else you need. Useful for setting up and some search power as well.

3 Professor Oak's New Theory 

More shuffle-draw, HGSS staple. Enlighten us Porfessor Oak, what is this theory?

4 Professor Juniper 

Still more draw support. Also Raiden Knuckle fuel provided you have energy in hand.

1 Tool Scrapper 

Garbodor. We want Power Connect and Block! Get that Garbotoxin garbage out of here.

1 Shadow Triad 

Recycles Plasma Energys, Colress Machines, KO'd Snorlax's, etc.

1 Skyla 

Strong search power, a nice 1-of tech for Comp. Search nonsense.

4 Plasma Energy 

Teampact fuel, Red Signal fuel, Colress Machine fuel. 

3 Lightning Energy 

Used for Raiden Knuckles, also can't be discarded by Enhanced Hammers like DCE's and Plasma Energy's can, making them useful Teampact fuel as well against Darkrai.

4 Double Colorless Energy 

Nullify's the cost of Teampact a bit, and speeds up the deck. Very useful.

So that's it. What do you guy's think? This list isn't nearly done, and needs a whole lot of refinement, especially with energy counts. (Need to test it a lot more.) Please leave suggestions in the comments below. Thanks for reading!

Would it be worth putting in a plamsa badge to turn the non-plasma pokemon into team plasma pokemon? My guess is too much wasted space

Would it be worth putting in a plamsa badge to turn the non-plasma pokemon into team plasma pokemon? My guess is too much wasted space

You only have 1 non-Plasma Pokemon, and you don't need to because Snorlax does enough damage already with four bench spaces.

Wouldnt it be worth putting rainbow/ prism energy in there to have your other team plasma pokemon, playable as backup, just in case XD

Wouldnt it be worth putting rainbow/ prism energy in there to have your other team plasma pokemon, playable as backup, just in case XD

Lost Remover and Enhanced Hammer want that to happen. Don't fall for their trap :)

Lost Remover and Enhanced Hammer want that to happen. Don't fall for their trap :)

Ok... then maybe add some basic energies to make the other pokemon viable to attack XD

Archived