[GAME] General - The client crashes during the tutorial

Winston1989

When I tried playing the tutorial, the client stop working and crashes every time. I cannot even start a game. The client crashes when the tutorial guy starts speaking.

Hi Winston1989!

I would recommend making sure your video drivers are fully up to date and performing any necessary updates if not. If the issue still occurs, please submit a support ticket with a DxDiag file attached. You can obtain a DxDiag by searching for and running "DxDiag" on your computer and saving the generated file. You can then create a support ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question".

Thanks for your report and your patience! :)

Hello Trainer!

Could you please let us know what you mean by the game not working? Does it crash when you attempt to start the tutorial? Does it simply freeze? Do you disconnect?

At first glance, I would recommend checking to make sure your video drivers are fully up to date and performing any outstanding updates if not. Please also make sure your device meets the minimum system requirements necessary to play the game (located here): http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/download/

Thanks for your report and your patience!

Hello Trainers,

I've merged the two threads regarding this issue so we can keep discussion centralized. We have another possible workaround if updating your drivers does not help. Please try the following and let us know if it solves your problem:

1. Launch the game client
  2. Launch the Windows Task Manager
  3. Click on the Processes tab of the Task Manager
  4. Right click on Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe in the list of processes
  5. Mouse over Set Priority and change the priority from Normal to High
  6. Log in to the game client and try to proceed past the tutorial

I hope this was helpful! :)

Archived