So I finally did a count up of all the play worthy cards

wbarrow

Out of around 6500 cards obtainable cards

Excluding of numerous reprints, foils, sr/fa versions. By counting all the useful cards

Only 7% is actually playable and this is a generous figure of the cards that have some kind of play potential even though they might not be used often right now.

Actual figure is  closer to 4-5% if you want to be strictly speaking of current meta, of the cards that actually matter and are seen regularly

The rest a Whooping 93-96% are completely unplayable filler/reprints that you most likely will never see or hear about ever again. 

So there it is folks. All the people who buy cards in real life you are spending 95% of your money on junk.  

In spirit of pokemon i do get there will always be inferior cards/pokemon but that ratio is not right. I do not want to see soo many reprints and so many useless fillers simply because the design team too lazy to come up with fresh idea. 

This community has many ideas and is willing to help. Either reduce the price of packs or start adding more useful content. Otherwise this is boderline scam.

No chance of that tbh, unless you also sent this post to PCL in Japan.

EDIT** I guess the price of packs could be reduced (they're still charging us more than they did in 2014),

No chance of that tbh, unless you also sent this post to PCL in Japan.

EDIT** I guess the price of packs could be reduced (they're still charging us more than they did in 2014),

I might just do that

Its like buying a bottle that says "Fresh Orange Juice" Only to find that 95% is water with flavour chemicals and processed sugar and only 5% actual orange juice

I might just do that

Its like going buying a buy a bottle that says "Fresh Orange Juice" Only to find that 95% is water with flavour chemicals and processed sugar and only 5% actual orange juice

It's funny how true that is.

I was going to make an argument against this, but then I realized you guys are right XD

The only plausible solution I could think up is to add less cards to the expansions, meaning the good/bad ratio would be more balanced.

The metagame cards would grow to be more and more powerful too quickly if they made nothing but good cards in every expansion imo. They try making the newest expansion somewhat relevant to the metagame, so the cards have to be at least a little more powerful.

I find it very hard to believe that only 7% are playable. So lets say sinister fog Gengar has 5 cards Holo, Reverse Holo, and non holo from BKT then reverse holo and non holo from Generations. Since this is a playable card does it get 5/6500 in the playable side or 1/6500 in the playable side and the other 4/6500 is considered non playable I don't really get how you came to this percentage.

I find it very hard to believe that only 7% are playable. So lets say sinister fog Gengar has 5 cards Holo, Reverse Holo, and non holo from BKT then reverse holo and non holo from Generations. Since this is a playable card does it get 5/6500 in the playable side or 1/6500 in the playable side and the other 4/6500 is considered non playable I don't really get how you came to this percentage.

excluding reprints/foils/RH/FA/SR because essentially they are the same card and beyond the visual serves no purpose

7% includes all stages even if only stage 2 is useful only, do the count and see if you can get more then this figure.

What are PTCGO devs supposed to do about this?

Simple send request to the card lab in japan to make less reprints for a start.

and perhaps stop making too many filler cards that have absolutely no real place other then to fill a set * cough* spirit links *cough*

From programming stand point

devs can just delete 100 reprints of energies and have only the different visual versions of the card just a thought

Not only 95% is junk, but it seems to me that for each copy of a playable card I pull out from a pack I get at least 2 copies of the same junk card. :(

I find it very hard to believe that only 7% are playable. So lets say sinister fog ****** has 5 cards Holo, Reverse Holo, and non holo from BKT then reverse holo and non holo from Generations. Since this is a playable card does it get 5/6500 in the playable side or 1/6500 in the playable side and the other 4/6500 is considered non playable I don't really get how you came to this percentage.

He is not including reprints, which make up a large portion of our staple cards.

I don't even mind that there are so many "bad cards", but that my those bad cards (even if not trade locked) are 'untradable' and are totally worthless.  Not to mention the 20-something trade-locked Professor's Letters I have that I would kick a kitten to have some way to use/get rid of.

I really like how Hearthstone addressed this with its disenchant option.  So even when you got otherwise dead cards from your pack, you could still make some incremental progress towards the cards you really want.

Archived