[Legacy] Reshiphlosion’s Return

Sapphirewave

With the addition of Legacy mode, I wasn’t too surprised to see a resurgence of Genesect decks within that format. There is little to no debate that Genesect decks are one of the most powerful decks in the format if not the most powerful, so they are widely used, especially in tournaments. As a counter to this, I decided to take the time to remodel an old deck from many years ago and so far it’s been rather successful in the current format.  

Pokémon - 13

4 Cyndaquil HS 61

1 Quilava HS 49

4 Typhlosion PR-HS HGSS9

4 Reshiram PR-BLW BW4

Trainer Cards - 35

1 Computer Search BCR 137

2 Colress PLS 118

1 Pokémon Collector HS 97

3 Silver Bangle PLB 88

1 Ultra Ball DEX 102

4 Professor Oak's New Theory HS 101

2 Super Rod NVI 95

1 Skyla BCR 134

1 Engineer's Adjustments UL 75

4 Professor Juniper DEX 98

1 Revive BLW 102

4 Rare Candy PLB 85

2 Pokémon Communication HS 98

2 Burned Tower UD 71

1 Dual Ball UL 72

3 Junk Arm TM 87

2 N DEX 96

Energy - 12

2 Rescue Energy TM 90

10 Fire Energy BLW 106

This build is the best I’ve been able to put together at the moment, but I’m considering swapping Burnt Tower for Champions Festival to prevent Reshiram from building up too much damage, but I’m still looking over the pros and cons. I understand that some people might have trouble building this deck since it relies on a lot of old cards like Junk Arm, Pokémon Collector, and Rescue Energy. The hardest card to get is probably going to be the Typhlosion Prime if you didn’t buy 4 back when it was in a bundle. A possible replacement would be Plasma Chandelure, but I would not recommend it since you would be gather energy from your deck instead of your discard pile and would need to add cards to recover lost energies since Burnt Tower alone won’t be enough.

I have try an almost identical reshiphlosion in legacy format. This deck suffer against garchomp altaria (insane fast set up)..

But the worst is against darkrai/sableye decks and lasers or plasma lugia/ genesect.

I have try an almost identical reshiphlosion in legacy format. This deck suffer against garchomp altaria (insane fast set up)..

But the worst is against darkrai/sableye decks and lasers or plasma lugia/ genesect.

Yeah it does have some problems with Garchomp, but luckily it is rare for me to encounter them at the moment. It can put up a good fight when dealing with Darkri thanks to Silver Bangle; however, that is one of the more difficult match ups.

I'm not sure about you, but I've won almost every game when faced off with Genesect since it is easy to OHKO almost every card in that deck thanks to the fire weakness.

I've played against it with Darkrai/Sableye and Mr. Mime would definitely give me problems. Needing to have a full suite of Dark Claw, Laser/Bank to OHKO Reshiram because of not being to deal bench damage is really good.

Archived