I apologize. I like the new wheel now.

PKTyrantrum

It is better than the old one, so long as most boxes don't have tickets in them. But when we get unlucky and they DO have mostly tickets, it's really really annoying.

Also if you want to keep grinding tokens for a really really long time in one day, this new wheel isn't for you because you basically can't get any after opening all the boxes.

But beyond that, I like the new wheel now. I like how it seems easier to get packs from it.

It is better than the old one, so long as most boxes don't have tickets in them. But when we get unlucky and they DO have mostly tickets, it's really really annoying.

Also if you want to keep grinding tokens for a really really long time in one day, this new wheel isn't for you because you basically can't get any after opening all the boxes.

But beyond that, I like the new wheel now. I like how it seems easier to get packs from it.

That's great to hear :)

Yeah, like seminc said in the other post, the new wheel is very hit or miss. Some days you'll make 1000 tokens in under an hour, and others you go home with your pockets empty, although most of the time it's something in between those two. In the irst wheel I got a little over 600 tokens in a couple of games, and in the next wheel I got 7 tickets and a BKT pack xd

But like Lord Helix Zapdos said, when you do hit, you make some mad cash xd

I wonder if the mystery boxes can somehow take into account how many coins the player has, since I have got mostly tickets, probably 3/4 mystery boxes in the last two days out of 16 that had coins, while the rest had 1-4 tickets, now I do have 5000+ coins, so Im not to worried right now about not getting coins, and tickets are still nice to stock up on, but it would be nice to get some more coins than I currently am getting from wins

I wonder if the mystery boxes can somehow take into account how many coins the player has, since I have got mostly tickets, probably 3/4 mystery boxes in the last two days out of 16 that had coins, while the rest had 1-4 tickets, now I do have 5000+ coins, so Im not to worried right now about not getting coins, and tickets are still nice to stock up on, but it would be nice to get some more coins than I currently am getting from wins

I don't think it currently has such a feature, but from what little I understand of programming it should be simple to implement if the devs wanted to. The computer could calculate the ratio you have of tickets to tokens, and then use an if-then statement to determine which algorithm it uses to decide your reward based on the result.

So, if your tickets:tokens ratio is below an arbitrarily defined threshold the game would utilize an algorithm with a higher probability of giving tickets, and if your ratio is on or above that threshold it would utilize an algorithm with a higher probability of giving tokens.

I don't think it currently has such a feature, but from what little I understand of programming it should be simple to implement if the devs wanted to. The computer could calculate the ratio you have of tickets to tokens, and then use an if-then statement to determine which algorithm it uses to decide your reward based on the result.

So, if your tickets:tokens ratio is below an arbitrarily defined threshold the game would utilize an algorithm with a higher probability of giving tickets, and if your ratio is on or above that threshold it would utilize an algorithm with a higher probability of giving tokens.

I am starting to suspect that this might actually be true.

Yesterday I got a bunch of tokens from the Winner's Wheel, but those wins got me the 600 tokens on the VS ladder too. Now I have 1200 tokens and keep getting single tickets.

Probably just random luck though.

The new wheel is awesome, just random. Yesterday I got mostly tournament tickets, today I got back to back ancient origins packs and it's tradeable which I find odd. Would expect it to be locked, but I'm not complaining about that. :D

The new wheel is awesome, just random. Yesterday I got mostly tournament tickets, today I got back to back ancient origins packs and it's tradeable which I find odd. Would expect it to be locked, but I'm not complaining about that. :D

Yeah the packs are certainly attractive. Probably the only reason why the wheel doesn't suck completely.

Packs from the Winner's Wheel were always tradeable. But they used to be really rare to get.

I still have to disagree. It takes me long enough to just win 10 matches. Of those, I'm very lucky if I get to open 6-7 boxes. And everyday so far, I've mainly gotten tickets. I haven't made more than 250 coins on a day and mainly get tickets. It wouldn't be so bad if they made it so 10 wins gave all the boxes. After getting 6-8, it gets very hard. Well, maybe I'm just very unlucky.

I like it as well, my only complaint is that I only play this game 2 days a week, but for many hours on those days. I used to be able to grind for a lot of tokens, but now I feel limited on the amount of games I can play and get anything out of. Granted, the rewards are giving me just as much if not more than I gained before the update anyway, so...

won some games doing dragon dailies

4 tickets

100 credits

100 credits

and some mystery box bonus thing which isn't a box.

10 wins used to get you ~125 coins on average.  So getting a day with 250 is a huge increase over what you were getting.  If you had another day with only 50 coins, you STILL averaged an improvement over previous wheels. 

Also, you should expect NOT to get all of the boxes in a given day.  You have to win 26 games before your chances of getting the 10th box cross 50%.  At 30 wins, you are still south of 65%.  

10 wins should get you 6-7 boxes.  After that you get seriously diminishing returns.  The returns still exist, but you have to work harder for them.  

Frankly, I think that is what the devs wanted.  Rewards for everyone, but less prolific rewards as you play longer.  

10 wins used to get you ~125 coins on average.  So getting a day with 250 is a huge increase over what you were getting.  If you had another day with only 50 coins, you STILL averaged an improvement over previous wheels. 

Also, you should expect NOT to get all of the boxes in a given day.  You have to win 26 games before your chances of getting the 10th box cross 50%.  At 30 wins, you are still south of 65%.  

10 wins should get you 6-7 boxes.  After that you get seriously diminishing returns.  The returns still exist, but you have to work harder for them.  

Frankly, I think that is what the devs wanted.  Rewards for everyone, but less prolific rewards as you play longer.

World of Warcraft does this sort of thing too. You get rewards for taking breaks from playing the game.

Archived