[GAME] Shop - Unable to redeem codes

Itz2Eazy

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem but ever since the new update I am unable to redeem codes. If anyone could help please reply:(.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're playing on an iPad. Did I hit the mark?

EDIT: Looks like you went offline xd so I'm just going to drop here the answer to your question in case you're actually playing on an iPad. The following is quoted from the 2,35 patch notes:

"The code redemption feature has been disabled in the iPad client at the requirement of Apple. iPad users who wish to redeem codes into their account can do so through the Windows of Mac clients. We are working to develop alternate methods for code redemption and appreciate your understanding. We apologize for this inconvenience."

For god knows what reason Apple decided they didn't want the feature anymore, and they suddenly demanded that the PTCGO would take it down.

If you're playing from a PC/Mac then I dunno, it should be working fine in those systems. There was a shop downtime today, but it already came back up for everyone else hours ago, so I'm 99,99% sure you're playing from an iPad and that this is the reason you can't redeem your codes.

If you are playing on a PC or Mac, this is a bug.

If you are playing on an iPad, the code redemption feature is disabled at the requirement of Apple. The dev team is currently working on an alternative for the iPad client, but until an alternative presents itself you will have to install the client on a PC or Mac to redeem codes. The packs will be on your account when you login on the iPad client.

Hello Itz2Eazy!

Could you please provide some more details, such as which device you're using to play and which method you are using to redeem codes? As other Trainers have stated, code redemption via iPad has been disabled.

Thanks for your report and your patience! :)

I would like to let the mod know that I was playing on iPad and I am disappointed that it got removed but I have downloaded it on computer and have redeemed my codes. Thank you for informing me about why you can't redeem codes on iPad

So is this the unknown server error when trying to redeem a code? I am not on the IPad but playing from my PC and Lenovo Tablet. I cannot get my codes entered without receiving the unknown sever error. ????

Https_dropbox(dot)com/s/2xrxhuxpcrqv7ch/Screenshot_2016-04-14-20-45-13.png?dl=0

Hello Itz2Eazy!

Could you please provide some more details, such as which device you're using to play and which method you are using to redeem codes? As other Trainers have stated, code redemption via iPad has been disabled.

Thanks for your report and your patience! :)

i'm also playing on a windows laptop. i also can't redeem codes on pokemon tcg online. when i put the codes in the game recognizes them but i cant claim them..

• 1 month later...

Hello Trainers!

Regarding redemptions on iPad, this is a known issue and is currently functioning as intended. Please see this thread for more information. As such, I'll go ahead and close this thread now.

Regarding the reports of unknown server errors when redeeming on computer, this was due to maintenance from that time period, and has since been resolved. If you continue to experience that issue, please create a new thread.

Thanks for your patience and your reports!

Archived