Trainer's Challenge "Legacy" Mode

CycloneGU

This would be useful to have with the new Legacy format.  After fully completing the XY championships, allow players - in particular newer players, but also those who never finished it before - to unlock a Legacy mode where they can battle all of the TC opponents with their Black and White decks, and also with their HG/SS decks.  Winning the City Championship Finals would give the player all of the Basic decks from both eras, and these decks can be used either within rematches in the XY challenges or in the Legacy battles.  Players can of course use the X/Y decks as well battling these decks, not to mention Rallying Cry or Mental Might, or any purchased theme deck.  Fully defeating a Legacy B/W league mode with any theme deck unlocks a B/W booster pack or even a HG/SS booster pack if that mode is added.  The Legacy decks can also earn more free boosters in the regular mode (still XY-themed).

This would also allow newer players to be able to collect more cards from both eras which can then be used to put together Legacy theme decks (with the help of boosters of course).  Players winning in these modes can then win random B/W themed packs that can help build those decks.  It also levels newer players who put in the time with more experienced players who have better collections for Expanded format construction.  I can only see this being a win if implemented.  What does everyone think?

I would like the Trainer Challenge have a separate option for playing BW/HS Decks (it can limit the playing to those series), because honestly, I can't complete my 12 wins with any of my HS Theme Decks or some of my BW Decks due to the power creep. It could be unlocked once you complete city championships, like you said. I support this idea.

This would be useful to have with the new Legacy format.  After fully completing the XY championships, allow players - in particular newer players, but also those who never finished it before - to unlock a Legacy mode where they can battle all of the TC opponents with their Black and White decks, and also with their HG/SS decks.  Winning the City Championship Finals would give the player all of the Basic decks from both eras, and these decks can be used either within rematches in the XY challenges or in the Legacy battles.  Players can of course use the X/Y decks as well battling these decks, not to mention Rallying Cry or Mental Might, or any purchased theme deck.  Fully defeating a Legacy B/W league mode with any theme deck unlocks a B/W booster pack or even a HG/SS booster pack if that mode is added.  The Legacy decks can also earn more free boosters in the regular mode (still XY-themed).

This would also allow newer players to be able to collect more cards from both eras which can then be used to put together Legacy theme decks (with the help of boosters of course).  Players winning in these modes can then win random B/W themed packs that can help build those decks.  It also levels newer players who put in the time with more experienced players who have better collections for Expanded format construction.  I can only see this being a win if implemented.  What does everyone think?

Legacy format is totally different. Trainer challenge is made for theme deck mode. Honestly, it should stay with Theme deck mode since its easier to teach new players to play and give practice in theme deck mode then any other formats.

I would like the Trainer Challenge have a separate option for playing BW/HS Decks (it can limit the playing to those series), because honestly, I can't complete my 12 wins with any of my HS Theme Decks or some of my BW Decks due to the power creep. It could be unlocked once you complete city championships, like you said. I support this idea.

Thats a pretty decent idea. Since new tech is sometimes too overpowered for the old decks, it might be a good solution if they use the same era decks as we do. Possibly gives an even match-up !

Just my opinion ! Have a nice day :)

Legacy format is totally different. Trainer challenge is made for theme deck mode. Honestly, it should stay with Theme deck mode since its easier to teach new players to play and give practice in theme deck mode then any other formats.

Thats a pretty decent idea. Since new tech is sometimes too overpowered for the old decks, it might be a good solution if they use the same era decks as we do. Possibly gives an even match-up !

Just my opinion ! Have a nice day :)

You misunderstand me on one thing.  Legacy Mode in Trainer's Challenge would involve playing their older personal decks (so for instance, Ali can use her deck with Garbodor, Muk, Toxicroak, and Weezing, and everyone else can use their older decks too),  I never said let us bring our personal decks in.  The mode of play can be limited to Basic decks or it can be more like a friend mode at that point, in that you can choose which deck you want them to play (XY, BW, HGSS) and try out newer decks to see what the different matchups are like.  That's what I would like to see, and it also gives us the extra theme decks to try out and attempt to earn even more Booster packs.  But a Legacy City Championship where you only use BW era decks?  That might be a very good way to earn 12 or more booster packs on Legacy trainers, not to mention more for winning over the number of trainers with each deck.  The extra mode beside that can be choosing any of their decks against any of our decks (hey, play your HGSS against XY Basic Blue, I want to see how badly I whup ya). ;)

The older Basic decks (even Basic Orange, though it's sad we never got a Basic Purple) can be prizes for winning the City Championship, thus allowing players to have more play in the Trainer's Challenge itself.  I see no issue with having a mode where players might be able to earn more B/W cards and thus be able to acquire more cards to build a Legacy deck with.  I was surprised to find I have 116 cards that fit the Legacy theme (Pokémon cards), but I still won't be trying to build a Legacy deck because I don't know those strategies.  I am doing just fine with my XY deck and moving nicely on the ladder.  It would still be nice to have that option, however, in the TC because I want to see what kind of decks they played with back then.

You misunderstand me on one thing.  Legacy Mode in Trainer's Challenge would involve playing their older personal decks (so for instance, Ali can use her deck with Garbodor, Muk, Toxicroak, and Weezing, and everyone else can use their older decks too),  I never said let us bring our personal decks in.  The mode of play can be limited to Basic decks or it can be more like a friend mode at that point, in that you can choose which deck you want them to play (XY, BW, HGSS) and try out newer decks to see what the different matchups are like.  That's what I would like to see, and it also gives us the extra theme decks to try out and attempt to earn even more Booster packs.  But a Legacy City Championship where you only use BW era decks?  That might be a very good way to earn 12 or more booster packs on Legacy trainers, not to mention more for winning over the number of trainers with each deck.  The extra mode beside that can be choosing any of their decks against any of our decks (hey, play your HGSS against XY Basic Blue, I want to see how badly I whup ya). ;)

The older Basic decks (even Basic Orange, though it's sad we never got a Basic Purple) can be prizes for winning the City Championship, thus allowing players to have more play in the Trainer's Challenge itself.  I see no issue with having a mode where players might be able to earn more B/W cards and thus be able to acquire more cards to build a Legacy deck with.  I was surprised to find I have 116 cards that fit the Legacy theme (Pokémon cards), but I still won't be trying to build a Legacy deck because I don't know those strategies.  I am doing just fine with my XY deck and moving nicely on the ladder.  It would still be nice to have that option, however, in the TC because I want to see what kind of decks they played with back then.

Oh.. I got it now, so you are basically saying different era mods in the theme format in itself. Quite an interesting idea and I would love to see it. It gives another opportunity beside legacy tournaments for many new players to build legacy decks :)

Nice idea ! :)

(Also there were 1-2 HGSS Theme decks, that were rather more OP than XY basic blue :P Not right now in the shop ! But well heard and lost from old players !! :( - But since we can't have a match between both, we can't say if something is better than the other :D )

Archived