[CARD] Mewtwo-EX (BREAKthrough #62, #158) - The Damage Change attack can be used when the Defending Pokémon ignores attack effects on itself

TimmyFTW3

I have been wondering why everyone and their mother uses Mewtwo EX now. 
Then I realized during a long battle, the damage change isn't preventable like it should be.
Such as Hippowdon's Resistance Desert (Prevents damage and all EFFECTS of EX pokemon's attacks)
Ooor Regice's Resistance Blizzard (Same effect^)

Sooo right now, we have tons of players abusing Mewtwo EX's glitched attack. Moving damage counters off of it is an effect of it's attack. Exploiting the glitch, many many players use this card in tournaments and such. We have people winning tournaments cause of an exploit.
This is unacceptable as a player and must be fixed.

I will not be participating in any tournaments till this is fixed.

I have been wondering why everyone and their mother uses Mewtwo EX now. 

Then I realized during a long battle, the damage change isn't preventable like it should be.

Such as Hippowdon's Resistance Desert (Prevents damage and all EFFECTS of EX pokemon's attacks)

Ooor Regice's Resistance Blizzard (Same effect^)

Sooo right now, we have tons of players abusing Mewtwo EX's glitched attack. Moving damage counters off of it is an effect of it's attack. Exploiting the glitch, many many players use this card in tournaments and such. We have people winning tournaments cause of an exploit.

This is unacceptable as a player and must be fixed.

I will not be participating in any tournaments till this is fixed.

Wait, I need you to specify something. Did Mewtwo EX transfer its damage counters to Regice/Hippowdon, or did it simple remove the damage counters from itself?

If it's the former, this is a bug. If it's the latter, this is intended.

the damage change will stll work but not take the damage from yours to another. so many tries to use this pokemon so wrong. This type of mewtwo is more made for evolving to the mega. Its not really made for attacking.

the damage change will stll work but not take the damage from yours to another. so many tries to use this pokemon so wrong. This type of mewtwo is more made for evolving to the mega. Its not really made for attacking.

That's what we need him to clarify xd He wasn't specific enough to tell if the Damage Counters moved over to Regice or not. If the Damage Counters actually moved over to Regice this would indeed be a bug.

It moved the damage counters off of it's self and into nothing. Guess I was reading the card wrong. 
It says done to that pokemon. I was under the impression it prevented effects on the opponent's pokemon.

I was just extremely frustrated after trying to do a daily and getting 10+ trainers in a row that all started with either Mewtwo Ex or Charizard Ex. It seems the updated rewards have turned the game into a copy cat's playground.

Well, I'll leave the subject of updated rewards for a different thread...

This isn't a bug, confirmed by OP. We can close this thread.

Archived