"The network connection with the server has been lost."

Bombcharu

I have been able to log into PTCGO from my home but I am traveling for work and operating out of hotels.  I am connected to the internet and able to use the internet just fine.  However, when I attempt to log into the game, I get:

Loading data from server. Please Wait.

The bar will load to exactly 8% and stop before giving me the Error:  Connection Lost: The network connection with the server has been lost.

I have tried several times to exit the client and reboot my system.  I have tried to use another Internet connection.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the program.  

Regardless of what I try I continue to receive the same results.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hotel wifi can be, well, rather poor. Also, their network may not have the necessary ports open to allow for login or gameplay. I have run into this myself when travelling.

Boo, that's too bad. I really wanna play more now that I am getting into it.  Haha, thank you for the quick response.  I may try a cafe or something.  

• 2 years later...

I am getting this same message from home with one of my devices. It is working perfect with anything else I play the game on (tablets, other laptop, my razer phone that it runs on) but when I try to play on my best laptop it will not work for some reason and I always get this message.