KarpGrinder

[GAME] Deck Manager - BW and HGSS promo cards can't be added to Legacy decks

KarpGrinder

Saw the patch notes and was excited to use some of my old B&W deck favourites - lo and behold... B&W black star promo cards (namely several I relied on for an easy TDK deck) are not allowed in the legacy format!

The regular versions of these cards like Deoxys EX 53/116 are allowed in the deck, but Deoxys EX BW82 is not. Both cards have the exact same nomenclature.

Is this a bug - or was this intended?

Edited by KarpGrinder

seminc

This is probably a bug, as all of the BW Promos were released alongside BW sets. I hope this gets fixed bcuz I use a ton of BW Promos in my Legacy Decks xD

BTW, does the HGSS black star Promo set have this same glitch?

seminc

When trying to build a Reshiram/Typhlosion deck for Legacy, it will not let me add any BW or HGSS Promos, which is obviously an error, as all BW Promos implemented are playable before the rotation to XY-on.

I hope this is fixed soon, as I would like to play Legacy without having to spend hella dough on HS Typhlosion Prime.

As long as this bug is left unchecked, every player's HGSS and BW Promo cards are unplayable in Legacy.

Xensor

hm not all blackstar promos are b/w eras tho. so make sure its a b/w promo tho. if it says bw# then its a b/w era promo. tho i seen some be standard format (dont know why it shouldnt been. i havent tested since new update). I do know that those promos are legal for expanded. i think its more for the non promos in legacy formats.

juani_gamer

The legacy format includes expanded and HG cards. Howewer, i did a deck (virizion/genesect) with expanded cards and the game doesn´t let use both versus or tournaments

GonzoMD1993

The legacy format includes expanded and HG cards. Howewer, i did a deck (virizion/genesect) with expanded cards and the game doesn´t let use both versus or tournaments

Did you include any Promo cards by any chance? The game is currently bugged and not allowing HGSS and BLW Black Star promo cards.

This is one of the known bugs that's pending for a hotfix soontm. If there is a different reason then idk.

juani_gamer

It must surely be a bug, i dont have promos cards

seminc

Did you include any Promo cards by any chance? The game is currently bugged and not allowing HGSS and BLW Black Star promo cards.

This is one of the known bugs that's pending for a hotfix soontm. If there is a different reason then idk.

Apparently it's working for me now. I have HSP Typhlosion Prime and BWP Reshiram in my Reshiphlosion deck, and I can use it in tournaments. My guess now is that it's some weird situational Bug. (Cant get enough of those xD)

seminc

The one thing I can think of is that you accidentally included XY series cards in your deck. Any XY-Series cards (excluding reprint cards like Potion/Switch/Rare Candy) will automatically make your deck invalid for Legacy in bot Tournaments and VS.

Check your deck for non-reprint XY series cards, and if you don't have any in your Deck then this is definitely a bug.

graywh

Skyla BKP isn't legal in Legacy despite being a reprint of Skyla BCR.

SharKing319

This is no doubt an oversight on the developers' part. Even the Regular Art from BREAKpoint is usable in Legacy, which is very telling.

seminc

This is no doubt an oversight on the developers' part. Even the Regular Art from BREAKpoint is usable in Legacy, which is very telling.

The regular art is from BREAKthrough rather then BREAKpoint. Regardless though, you have a point. All prints of Skyla should be legal in Legacy.

Idk if this is worth anything, but Skyla FA from BP is not properly tagged as a full art. This could be related, as the developers could have forgotten to link the metadata tags to that print (wouldn't be the first time xD).

harshu

The one thing I can think of is that you accidentally included XY series cards in your deck. Any XY-Series cards (excluding reprint cards like Potion/Switch/Rare Candy) will automatically make your deck invalid for Legacy in bot Tournaments and VS.

Check your deck for non-reprint XY series cards, and if you don't have any in your Deck then this is definitely a bug.

All my decks work perfectly for legacy. But when you add any XY card, it doesn't show the error of the XY card, rather puts all the valid cards in the error. But after removing it. It worked for me :)

Mod_Poplar

Hi seminc!

This is a known issue which the Dev team is working to resolve, so I'll close this thread. We greatly appreciate your patience until this can be fixed and encourage you to create a new thread or submit a ticket via the link in my signature if you come across any other bugs.

Thanks for your report!