Legacy Format Bogus

GoldNEyE64

After all thbe time and real money I spent for this gamd they go and tell me that I can't use my cards in versus?

I don't think so.

I don't want to battle so called friends..

I want to use the cards I bought in real life with real money so I could get them in online.

Legacy should only be an option for those who want it.

You'll probly say well go buy older packs.. well good luck finding them.

I'm not going to get reamed on **** or something for 6yr old packs.

You lost a loyal fan doing this. Tell wizards of the coast to sit on it and spin too.

You do realize Wizards of the Coast hasn't been involved in the TCG ever since Nintendo bought it from them just before EX Ruby and Sapphire, right?

I know this guy

I been into pokemon cards since they came out

I meant that they won't see anymore of my cash.

I just want legacy to be an option not mandatory. Is that so much to ask?

So much to ask to use my new cards decks against randoms?

I mean u can't even buy them in the shop...where's the sense in that?

After all thbe time and real money I spent for this gamd they go and tell me that I can't use my cards in versus?

I don't think so.

I don't want to battle so called friends..

I want to use the cards I bought in real life with real money so I could get them in online.

Legacy should only be an option for those who want it.

You'll probly say well go buy older packs.. well good luck finding them.

I'm not going to get reamed on **** or something for 6yr old packs.

You lost a loyal fan doing this. Tell wizards of the coast to sit on it and spin too.

I don't get what you mean. 

Firstly, you're kinda late to the party. It has been known for a while now that Legacy was gonna only BLW and HGSS Era cards only. I'm really surprised that this would bother you now but not 2 weeks back (or however long it was, but definetly not something that was announced just yeasterday). I don't recall you posting anything on the subject at least.

Second, I don't see what the cards "you can't use" might be. If you owned HGSS Era cards, they're playable in 1 format. If you owen BLW Era cards, they're playable in 2 formats. If you own XY Era cards, they're playable in 2 formats. So unless your gripe is with LTC or the Shiftry/FotGP combo being gone from PvP, I don't see what your problem could be.

Third, Legacy IS an options for those who want it. You still have other formats to play. Unlimited was mostly just Shiftry and Shiftry counter decks anyway so you're really not missing out on much.

Fourth, I'm afraid to tell you that if you bought physical booster packs just for the codes, you just ripped yourself off. There are plenty of better ways of getting booster packs online, and if you really wanted to spend cash on it, you would have been much better off buying pack codes at a much cheaper price.

Fifth, you can't be too loyal if this was enough to make you go away.

Sixth, don't let the door hit you on the way out. I've heard it hurts really bad.

I don't get what you mean.

Firstly, you're kinda late to the party. It has been known for a while now that Legacy was gonna only BLW and HGSS Era cards only. I'm really surprised that this would bother you now but not 2 weeks back (or however long it was, but definetly not something that was announced just yeasterday). I don't recall you posting anything on the subject at least.

Second, I don't see what the cards "you can't use" might be. If you owned HGSS Era cards, they're playable in 1 format. If you owen BLW Era cards, they're playable in 2 formats. If you own XY Era cards, they're playable in 2 formats. So unless your gripe is with LTC or the Shiftry/FotGP combo being gone from PvP, I don't see what your problem could be.

Third, Legacy IS an options for those who want it. You still have other formats to play. Unlimited was mostly just Shiftry and Shiftry counter decks anyway so you're really not missing out on much.

Fourth, I'm afraid to tell you that if you bought physical booster packs just for the codes, you just ripped yourself off. There are plenty of better ways of getting booster packs online, and if you really wanted to spend cash on it, you would have been much better off buying pack codes at a much cheaper price.

Fifth, you can't be too loyal if this was enough to make you go away.

Sixth, don't let the door hit you on the way out. I've heard it hurts really ****

Ice Ice Baby! Theres a heck of a burn going down here!

I'm confused...

What made him think Legacy is mandatory? Standard and Expanded formats are still there.

Hey PK, he means being forced to use Legacy format, with no choice go to Unlimited.  

I agree with him, it is difficult to make a deck in Legacy format not being able to use current standard legal cards.  However, I will say that it is very fun to play that format, I would really, REALLY like to see it working without all the RNG issues though.  It is barely playable currently.

Hey PK, he means being forced to use Legacy format, with no choice go to Unlimited.  

I agree with him, it is difficult to make a deck in Legacy format not being able to use current standard legal cards.  However, I will say that it is very fun to play that format, I would really, REALLY like to see it working without all the RNG issues though.  It is barely playable currently.

It is very playable currently. All you need is design new decklists on your own, because the format is new. You can do that very easily. Its not necessary to make plasma deck or Virizion-Genesect or plasma decks. You can make other decks too.

But thats just my opinion.

Have a nice day :)

Isnt Legacy Format pretty much like Unlimited? Who still have cards from way before that anyway? The only cards you cant use is the banned ones which I dont think you should be using anyway like Shifty and Trump Card.

It is very playable currently. All you need is design new decklists on your own, because the format is new. You can do that very easily. Its not necessary to make plasma deck or Virizion-Genesect or plasma decks. You can make other decks too.

But thats just my opinion.

Have a nice day :)

I do have some different decklists, I love plasma pokemon, they are my favorites in the game so far, but I do have others.  I do admit I don't have the decks many others have, since I only started last summer, but I have some which are somewhat competitive.  What I am referring to is the RNG issues which spiked to unplayability since the "update".  I know many speak to the RNG, but my issues are legitimate.

I have a Blaziken EX deck and a Bibarel deck which I know are designed well, and they have been unplayable in the coin flip challenge.  My energies are always on the bottom of the deck, and I am not exaggerating.  My Blaziken deck nearly always starts with Shaymin only, and I mulligan every single game.  And it is a deck with 8 basics.  I do expect to mulligan, but not every single game.

The only problem I have with Legacy atm is the lack of good stadiums that are not Virbank.

So it is about getting that Tropical Beach, and I don't think I would be able to.

Isnt Legacy Format pretty much like Unlimited? Who still have cards from way before that anyway? The only cards you cant use is the banned ones which I dont think you should be using anyway like Shifty and Trump Card.

No, Legacy isn't like Unlimited because you can use XY era cards in Unlimited. We currently have no way of using decks that contain both XY-era and HGSS-era cards, except against friends.

No, Legacy isn't like Unlimited because you can use XY era cards in Unlimited. We currently have no way of using decks that contain both XY-era and HGSS-era cards, except against friends.

Ok thank you. 

I really, really miss unlimited.  I'm trying Legacy but it's just not the same.

Well I actually wish we had both formats. I actually enjoy seeing Legacy because I get to see many new decks. While on the other hand, unlimited had my vote too. But well shiftry + forest of giant plants :/ That had to happen !!

The thing that I feel is, they banned the wrong card :/ Shiftry wasn't OP !! FOGP is OP.. getting Megas, stage 2s on first turn is quite a good stuff !

But well that is just what I think, others might have different opinion about shiftry !

Well I actually wish we had both formats. I actually enjoy seeing Legacy because I get to see many new decks. While on the other hand, unlimited had my vote too. But well shiftry + forest of giant plants :/ That had to happen !!

The thing that I feel is, they banned the wrong card :/ Shiftry wasn't OP !! FOGP is OP.. getting Megas, stage 2s on first turn is quite a good stuff !

But well that is just what I think, others might have different opinion about shiftry !

I agree, Shiftry was absolute rubbish without FoGP. Hence why it was NEVER popular until AOR came out.

Archived