2.35 and why I don't like it

RogueSpecter

Just going to jump right in......

#1.Card loading img. If I wanted to play on my I pad, I would've played on my Ipad! Why we have these long loading card images on PC is ridiculous and seems just like the IOS version... Sad, just sad.....

#2. Prizes wheel. Getting coins is now a pain! I feel bad for the new players who rely on getting coins to get locked packs to even come close to building a deck for competitive. Enough said on this!

#3. Deck shuffling is downright un-intuitive! Maybe if we had control of splitting our deck instead of relying on the hopes of generated shuffling our RNG would be more based on luck instead of an algorithm that seems to consistently put cards together in sequences that feel rigged. (That's my opinion, not saying this is a fact!) The deck shuffling animation also seems to be a time waster as far as animations go, and to be honest, more time wasting animations are not healthy for game-play!

#4. Adding a way to get Legacy packs is nice, but sadly, I only see them as a reward for playing legacy! I mean, I guess this is good for saturation in the secondary market, but still feels lackluster as far as starting a deck in legacy if you have no cards to begin with! This is a minor gripe, but nonetheless was hoping DeVs would've listened to our pleas to get some sort of market before 2.35 launch that provided these needs to players who haven't been playing for years and years.... Again, going to my original rant in early threads, that this patch only caters to older players and not to the community on a broader array. 

#5. Trade issues as far as history. Load times are horrid, don't reg properly, and notifications are gone! Need I say more....

#6. Coin flips. Can we just go back to the old format of coin flipping, you know, the one where we just chose the flip as it was in progress!? At least it felt less clunky as far as being 1 animation! Yet again, an additional animation that slows thing down. (If I had to chose the least problematic feature, this would be it! This addition isn't terrible compared to the rest, but still....)

#7. New DMG counter animations. See all above points of me griping about animations. Not to mention this just feels worse than the prior iteration... At least when I put 30 dmg on all board pkm in the older patch, It was fast, and simple! Why it was reduced to this, I will never know.

Lastly, and this has nothing to do with 2.35, it just happened to fall on the same day as the patch, but the weekly bundle is quite awful lol. Just a personal rant.

There is a ton of other things that I don't really like about the new patch, but don't really care to touch up on it right now... So feel free to express what you like or don't like! Personally there isn't a thing I like about the new patch, and to be honest, I don't see it getting any better any time soon.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just going to jump right in......

#1.Card loading img. If I wanted to play on my I pad, I would've played on my Ipad! Why we have these long loading card images on PC is ridiculous and seems just like the IOS version... Sad, just sad.....

#2. Prizes wheel. Getting coins is now a pain! I feel bad for the new players who rely on getting coins to get locked packs to even come close to building a deck for competitive. Enough said on this!

#3. Deck shuffling is downright un-intuitive! Maybe if we had control of splitting our deck instead of relying on the hopes of generated shuffling our RNG would be more based on luck instead of an algorithm that seems to consistently put cards together in sequences that feel rigged. (That's my opinion, not saying this is a fact!) The deck shuffling animation also seems to be a time waster as far as animations go, and to be honest, more time wasting animations are not healthy for game-play!

#4. Adding a way to get Legacy packs is nice, but sadly, I only see them as a reward for playing legacy! I mean, I guess this is good for saturation in the secondary market, but still feels lackluster as far as starting a deck in legacy if you have no cards to begin with! This is a minor gripe, but nonetheless was hoping DeVs would've listened to our pleas to get some sort of market before 2.35 launch that provided these needs to players who haven't been playing for years and years.... Again, going to my original rant in early threads, that this patch only caters to older players and not to the community on a broader array. 

#5. Trade issues as far as history. Load times are horrid, don't reg properly, and notifications are gone! Need I say more....

#6. Coin flips. Can we just go back to the old format of coin flipping, you know, the one where we just chose the flip as it was in progress!? At least it felt lest clunky as far as being 1 animation! Yet again, an additional animation that slows thing down. (If I had to chose the least problematic feature, this would be it! This addition isn't terrible compared to the rest, but still....)

#7. New DMG counter animations. See all above points of me griping about animations. Not to mention this just feels worse than the prior iteration... At least when I put 30 dmg on all board pkm in the older patch, It was fast, and simple! Why it was reduced to this, I will never know.

Lastly, and this has nothing to do with 2.35, it just happened to fall on the same day as the patch, but the weekly bundle is quite awful lol. Just a personal rant.

There is a ton of other things that I don't really like about the new patch, but don't really care to touch up on it right now... So feel free to express what you like or don't like! Personally there isn't a thing I like about the new patch, and to be honest, I don't see it getting any better any time soon.

I couldn't AGREE more. But need to Add. That for IPad users NOT BEING ABLE to redeem codes anymore JUST TAKES AWAY from our ability to injoy the game the way it's ment to be.., WHY HASN' T anything been posted to notify us of this MAJOR change in the game.???

Super fang on Wailord.

Also forgot to note; Card loading in collection is abysmal! Again.... I feel like I'm playing on my IPAD when in reality I'm playing on a $3,000 Gaming PC. -_- Why, just why.......

#8. Tournaments for 89 tokens, why God Arceus, why?

Forgot about that one! The only thing that comes to mind when I play under this new patch is " Was the intent of 2.35 to make everyone hate PTCGO, because at this rate, I'm sure many are considering that it just ain't worth it anymore..."

This happens everytime they try to make the update Better. Hehe, they break more things then they actually improve. I have got used to it ! But let us hope all the above problems get sorted out !

Have a nice day :)

Forgot about that one! The only thing that comes to mind when I play under this new patch is " Was the intent of 2.35 to make everyone hate PTCGO, because at this rate, I'm sure many are considering that it just ain't worth it anymore..."

i stopped spending money on this game 2 weeks ago. due to how the game became. it started about a week ago to go downhill. it just seems like it keeps getting worse and worse. its starting to remind me of my old fps game. it took them a year to realize that no one was buying there items no more with real money so they started to give in and gave us what we wanted.

this game is about to find out that if they continue they may see that action happen and i can say, its not a good thing. its actually bad. seeing how the main company is starting to hurt for money its really isn't a good idea to ignore us. specially when all of us have mentioned how bad the rng is. its bad. its no where close to how it is in rl. we understand you cant get it that perfect, but it could be looked into so it could be improved atleast.

I have a question, what happen to unlimited format?

It was chased out of town with pitchforks and fire.

Actually, this is how it went.

Once upon a time, there was a couple of unbalanced cards (I.e. way too good), and so the development team was scared that people would... I don't know... They were just scared... Also, lots of people were complaining. The development team could have just removed Shiftry and Lysandre's Trump Card from Unlimited and let everyone enjoyed life in Unlimited. But that was too easy, so they decided to take away the entire Unlimited format out of VS, and then put in a very different format in its place. They also created more useless animations, and the amount of bugs after the initial update launch was enough to make Youngster Joey turn into a bug catcher. Then everyone hated version 2.35 because it honestly was not very well conceived.

The End.

No, I will not read you any more stories, so go to sleep.

Good night.

PS. I am a ninja

I have a question, what happen to unlimited format?

Unlimited Mode is shifted to Friend Battles ONLY ! Cannot be played anymore is VS Mode.

Hope that clears everything, have a nice day :)

It was chased out of town with pitchforks and fire.

Actually, this is how it went.

Once upon a time, there was a couple of unbalanced cards (I.e. way too good), and so the development team was scared that people would... I don't know... They were just scared... Also, lots of people were complaining. The development team could have just removed Shiftry and Lysandre's Trump Card from Unlimited and let everyone enjoyed life in Unlimited. But that was too easy, so they decided to take away the entire Unlimited format out of VS, and then put in a very different format in its place. They also created more useless animations, and the amount of bugs after the initial update launch was enough to make Youngster Joey turn into a bug catcher. Then everyone hated version 2.35 because it honestly was not very well conceived.

The End.

No, I will not read you any more stories, so go to sleep.

Good night.

PS. I am a ninja

I couldn't help but crack up when I read this :) This about sums up everything into a nice bedtime story! LOL

I can't stand this anymore.   I have tried to see the best in the game when the massive re-work with BREAKthrough, and I still like the aesthetics that that brought.  However, with each expansion since, the game is getting worse.  The RNG is off the charts bad, the new animations are cumbersome and detract from the overall gameplay, and bugs abound, like usual.  I have said this before, and I will say it again.

PLEASE FIX WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE GAME BEFORE ADDING MORE UPDATES.

This is a simple basic of programming, but an essential one.  Why do you ignore common sense?  We play this game, and we spend money on the Pokemon franchise.  Many of my friends have quit this game because every "update" makes it more unplayable.  I think you need to start listening to us.  This ship is sinking.

May I make a suggestion, but I know it will be ignored like all of my others I make.  LET US BETA TEST ALL "UPDATES".  We, THE PLAYERS, will give you feedback for what works and what doesn't.  I would be happy to do this, and I am sure many others would as well.  Please, please, PLEASE, give us our game back.  You have held it hostage for long enough.

Most of my time was spent playing VS unlimited. Now that it's gone, I think I might actually be done with this game.

My biggest complaint is the wheel payouts. Also, I could get at least 6 mystery boxes a day on the old wheel. The way I see it, I'm getting the same rewards but a lot less of them.

keep getting terrible matches as well now.

this is not fun, why has the RNG matchmaking become broken? there is no fun in fighting this stuff, i stopped doing this daily in theme because of the easymoders, now I'm fighting constant counter stuff

so far today using fighting deck

2x Mewtwo EX

1X nightmarch

1X mreyquaza sky fields easymode

2x rubbish hand v another psychic lead WITH ADVANTAGE

out of... 6 battles

why does this game need to constantly get worse in every department, this just makes you want to stop playing because it isn't fun and is wasting time on NOTHING, this is why its impossible to test decks, because RNG is a giant screwover. I need to do dailies, this stuff just puts you off bothering.

this is supposed to be fun, these matchups are terrible and constant, as I had similar last night as well (one nightmarch.. annoying steel deck) yet all it is is unfair matches, I also had wins last night where I beat the other guy on turn 2.. whats the point.

Unlimited gone is what's really bad.

I don't know why this decision was made.  I like the Legacy format, but icing Unlimited altogether?  Don't understand the logic with this.  The best I can come up with is having both Unlimited and Legacy would thin each one too much (in theory)?

My biggest complaint is the wheel payouts. Also, I could get at least 6 mystery boxes a day on the old wheel. The way I see it, I'm getting the same rewards but a lot less of them.

Feel the same way dude, so sad the way they tried to justify it as well on mikes thread... -_-

the matchups are the worst thing ever.. mass noobmarch especially.

its time this side of the game was addressed, some of us want to enjoy a game of cards, not 2-3 turns of nukes.

and now the game decides to give me the 375 and 100 tokens....... while the shop is down.. thanx.

urg i wish the rng would be fixed. i am getting annoyed with nothing but shaymins or tech pokemon that has no use in attacking.

wow.

i didnt know i could start with the same deck 15 times in a row. thats amazing and a new one.

ok 20 times

gonna try for 20 times.

Oh, I'm just going to add this even though it's a bit late.... THE SHOP IS DOWN FOR 24+ HOURS DUE TO THE ISSUES WITH THE PATCH! There, said it. I feel better now! :)

But seriously though. Having the shop down longer than 3-5hrs. is just sad, I can't even imagine how many people are logging off in mass droves for the entire week until all the bugs are fixed. I myself included am taking a break until this is worked out! Just not enjoyable until it's the solid PTCGO that  we somewhat had in 2.34. I wouldn't even mind a full revert if that were the option at this point!

Oh, and if the DeVs can do us a solid when the shop gets back up an running... Please rid us of that horrid bundle that no one cares about :) THX! JK lol....

Archived