Why Should We Be Excited For Updates Anymore?

Deja_Entendu

Honestly.

Every new update brings loads of new problems. I cannot remember the last time we got an update where the majority thought it was a move in a positive direction.

If all you are going to do is continue to add unnecessary animations and break things that were not broken, your game will fail.

I will play the game and then get back to you. I don't know of I'll like it, it seems pretty abused on the forums so far.

Things that are messed up:

• Avatars are almost out of the box now during gameplay
  • On the screen before the match starts, your opponents avatar is disfigured. (beard on top of head, no eyes, etc.)
  • Browsing trades is incredibly laggy now and the tables are off when browsing the trades
  • You now have to logout and log back in just to clear any finished trades
  • The shuffling animation was unnecessary (more junk to bog down the game)
  • The coin flip thing is pointless. It is flipping at the start of the match and then stops just so you can make it flip again. (good job?)

Why not work on things that actually benefit the game? You know, like the constant disconnections, busted rng, getting gems to people outside of canada, adding more stuff for avatars...

But nah, we will just continue to add animations and break things that were not broken in the last update. Good job?

A couple other things you broke with your great update:

• Aerodactyl Coin no longer shows up
  • Silver Diamond Yveltal Coin no longer shows up

getting a few glitches myself, regarding avatars not loading on the loading screen and sometimes in the match

the inner wheel is USELESS, yet again it is harder to earn currency for the shop due to low numbers, and tickets from boxes.

The code redemption is NOW UNUSABLE foe IPad user, The Bonus wheel is NOT showing correctly on screen, and my BIGGEST issue I've found is the Filter for creating decks IS NOT WORKING. Try as I might to create a Legacy deck to use, I was UNABLE to do so. After 3 hrs I just gave up. Every time I completed a deck, MORE then 1/2 the cards I selected where all NOT Allowed ??? No matter which way I set up Filter it just showed ALL cards as being available. Several times the game just kicked me off and sent me back to my desk top???

As many have said WHY FIX SOMETHING THATS NOT BROKEN.....

Glitches ABOUND!

I can't play in Legacy format because it's so broken. RNG is OFF THE CHAIN bad (3 out of 172 coin flips favorable -  tonight alone). Trade glitches straight to Hades (I'd use another word but it'd be filtered). Gogoat and Primal Clash is the featured item - really?

But yeah, focus on what your executives think is best (animations and lack of customer support). That's worked out really well for the Wii U/Nintendo-in-general for the last 15 years right? 

Please. Please. Please. Focus on fixing the balance and fixing bugs before adding more aesthetic baloney to your game!

Things that are messed up:

• Avatars are almost out of the box now during gameplay
  • On the screen before the match starts, your opponents avatar is disfigured. (beard on top of head, no eyes, etc.)
  • Browsing trades is incredibly laggy now and the tables are off when browsing the trades
  • You now have to logout and log back in just to clear any finished trades
  • The shuffling animation was unnecessary (more junk to bog down the game)
  • The coin flip thing is pointless. It is flipping at the start of the match and then stops just so you can make it flip again. (good job?)

Why not work on things that actually benefit the game? You know, like the constant disconnections, busted rng, getting gems to people outside of canada, adding more stuff for avatars...

But nah, we will just continue to add animations and break things that were not broken in the last update. Good job?

You must have played me xD

My beard (in game) is on top of my head, and my eyes... Well, I don't exactly have eyes. Darn it PTCGO, I don't even have a beard in game! And where are my eyes?

I agree on all fronts after playing the game for 25 minutes. This was even more of a failure than 2.34

Gogoat and Primal Clash is the featured item - really?

I was flustered by all of the other junk this update brought I completely forgot about this. Yeah, pretty useless bundle. Just more strikes against PTCGO.

You must have played me xD

My beard (in game) is on top of my head, and my eyes... Well, I don't exactly have eyes. Darn it PTCGO, I don't even have a beard in game! And where are my eyes?

I agree on all fronts after playing the game for 25 minutes. This was even more of a failure than 2.34

Haha I am glad I am not the only person to see the head beards.

And I mean, I hate to give these guys such a hard time after every update but it seems like they go to their meeting and say "what can we do to make this game even less enjoyable?".

All you have to do is listen to your fans/consumers of your products. That's it.

Report these at bug report section not suggestion..

Did you even read the post? Are you a mod? I am guessing the answer to both of those is no.

ok ptcgo, i think i can speak for everyone on this part. we wanted challenge. but the rng that is in this version is no challenge. its just pointless of even trying to play. I mean 1 out of 20 games you may get a poke you could use with a hand useable. thats bad. or getting coins that could help you. its like this game is going to the opposite side. this game use to be fun, but now its not even made for kids anymore. its more like made for people who just wants to not play.

we spent money on your items. its time to return back to use with things we would enjoy.

that is as follows:

• RNG being fixed. No more misdraws, no more rigged coin flips. no more of the bogus ways of cards dealt.
  • glitches man they are annoying but some can be ignored while some well it costs you the whole game.
  • disconnects: that is bad in tournments lately. it seems like it gotten worse.
  • the meta is so out of wack its not even funny. no counters but yet more cards that could wipe out a entire set.

i can't even go one game without getting 1 or 2 shaymins and no other pokemon or any good traienrs to use. i barely got energy. i have tested this out with more pokemon then anything and i would some how still get shaymin and no other pokemon.

this rng is worse then before. atleast before you had a 50% chance of getting the poke you needed. now its a miracle.

So far, the animations and the rewards have been OK with me. I actually feel the game is a little quicker than before. But has anyone played with abilities that were time consuming to execute like golduck break hyper transfer and dusknoir damage shift? There should be an interface that offers the player an option to move multiple energy or counters at once. I haven't had the time to try. Could someone please tell us. I hate to waste time transferin energy to and fro to use max potion on primal kyogre. Been getting some hate for that!

And who would waste 100 coins on a go ******** goat? Lol. How not to kick start the legacy format.

oh and now the game gets the yellow wifi ? box and timers, on opponents turn, have to close the game down via the x to do anything.

and once again it counts as a loss to ME, this was not MY disconnect, and now the shop is down as well. or that's just broken.

stop penalising players for disconnects that are server side.

oh and fix your forum edit.. sick of retyping the same things over and over because it has ignored what I type.

I understand getting mad at every other issue in this thread, but it's extremely unreasonable to get upset at the Gogoat bundle. Not every bundle is going to appeal to everyone but those are promo cards a lot of us have been asking for, for a long time. I love the bundle as I'm finally completing promos online. All the bugs and glitches and stuff are awful and your opinion is important in those, but if you count a completely optional perk as one of your reasons to be upset, your opinion isn't going to be as valued.

Save the few tokens you're getting from the new wheel for the next bundle. Some of us will love the new bundle and some will hate it. But it's not something to be mad about.

I understand getting mad at every other issue in this thread, but it's extremely unreasonable to get upset at the Gogoat bundle. Not every bundle is going to appeal to everyone but those are promo cards a lot of us have been asking for, for a long time. I love the bundle as I'm finally completing promos online. All the bugs and glitches and stuff are awful and your opinion is important in those, but if you count a completely optional perk as one of your reasons to be upset, your opinion isn't going to be as valued.

Save the few tokens you're getting from the new wheel for the next bundle. Some of us will love the new bundle and some will hate it. But it's not something to be mad about.

The bundle was the least of my worries. They could offer a common dunsparce for 1000 tokens and I would happily pay it. if they would just fix the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with everyone's comments about the game constantly getting worse, instead of better with updates... I've quit making "suggestions" on here a while back since it is obvious the game designers and probably the Mods don't really care what the users think of the game.  They will continue to do what they want regardless of how much it turns away a lot of their longtime user base.  They just want to make it like a DS handheld game with all of the "cutesy" animations.... So, don't hold your breath for any real fixes or changes from our suggestions...

<.<  I find the deck shuffling animation and the distinction between adding damage counters versus doing damage to be helpful changes.

I also don't really give a toss about my avatar, so there's that.

I kind of wish we could just skip the coin toss altogether and just be randomly assigned "go first" or "go second".

The removal of code redemption on iPad is inexcusable.

Can't wait for the game to go offline again for three days straight and be compensated with a common chest containing 5 coins and a grass energy all so they could fix a negligible bug that made the game run 0.5 percent slower.

The removal of code redemption on iPad is inexcusable.

Can't wait for the game to go offline again for three days straight and be compensated with a common chest containing 5 coins and a grass energy all so they could fix a negligible bug that made the game run 0.5 percent slower.

While I agree with you that the game has been going into maintenance far too much lately, i have to dispute your first point. TPCi is not at fault for the removal of code redemption. Apple forced them to remove the code redemption days (or hours even, nobody knows) before 2.35 went live, and the developers are trying to find a foolproof alternative.

This game needs a new Dev team,

So many bad thing going on here.

1. (most important) DOWN TIME, holly cow!
  2. Animations, The beard on the forehead thing is funny but it reflects poorly on your game.
  3. Stability, you want to keep poeple hooked then you need to dangle that carrot in front of them. Prize Ladders on a 2 week cycle is not enough. And taking packs out of expanded turneys basically gives me no reward to play.

Maybe this game is a Promo to get people to buy real cards and has a low budget staff, but its going to backfire when people stop playing because they have no incentive, stability, or motivation to play.

Somebody PLEASE hire some Game Devs from another company. 

#waistedpotential

This game needs a new Dev team,

So many bad thing going on here.

1. (most important) DOWN TIME, holly cow!
  2. Animations, The beard on the forehead thing is funny but it reflects poorly on your game.
  3. Stability, you want to keep poeple hooked then you need to dangle that carrot in front of them. Prize Ladders on a 2 week cycle is not enough. And taking packs out of expanded turneys basically gives me no reward to play.

Maybe this game is a Promo to get people to buy real cards and has a low budget staff, but its going to backfire when people stop playing because they have no incentive, stability, or motivation to play.

Somebody PLEASE hire some Game Devs from another company. 

#waistedpotential

Tournaments rotate weekly (3 week cycle) so once every three weeks, expanded wont give out packs as prizes, so just save your tickets for next week when they are back, and really you want more and more free stuff, they already give plenty, I dont know what you expect, maybe you think everything should be free, but from a rewards perspective this game is fine, the bugs however are a problem

Tournaments rotate weekly (3 week cycle) so once every three weeks, expanded wont give out packs as prizes, so just save your tickets for next week when they are back, and really you want more and more free stuff, they already give plenty, I dont know what you expect, maybe you think everything should be free, but from a rewards perspective this game is fine, the bugs however are a problem

I agree. The bugs have become a little ridiculous, I think they are trying to add too much too fast. I would be all for slowing down the development of the game a little to keep everything running smoothly. As for rewards though, this game gives soooo much free stuff. Like for real. Log in rewards, wheels in games, tournaments, store, ladder, randomly giving things for game downtime, etc. We get so many rewards absolutely free. 

Archived