[CARD] M Mewtwo-EX (BREAKthrough #63, #159) - The effect of the Vanishing Strike attack didn't work when there was no Stadium card in play

Xilixer

during gameplay i evolved to m mewtwo x ex. i had to skip my turn due to no link tool. on my opponents turn he/she attacked with regice. on my turn i finally got enough energy to attack except the attack was declared failed. i switched out due to the confusion. i then brought my mewtwo back out and tried again but to no avail.

Very strange. This is a significant gameplay error, and should definitely be acknowledged and fixed.

EDIT: HAD A DERP. SEE BELOW ///////

during gameplay i evolved to m mewtwo x ex. i had to skip my turn due to no link tool. on my opponents turn he/she attacked with regice. on my turn i finally got enough energy to attack except the attack was declared failed. i switched out due to the confusion. i then brought my mewtwo back out and tried again but to no avail.

Was there a stadium card in play if not than you get the answer , the effect says "If there is a stadium card in play this atack does 50 more damage and this attacks damage isnt affected by resistance or any other effects on your opponents active pokemon" which means if there was no stadium card when you attacked with M mewtwo X than regices resistance blizzard will prevent it from being damage , and if there was a stadium card than its a bug :)

Hope this helps

Mecsjoo :D

Was there a stadium card in play if not than you get the answer , the effect says "If there is a stadium card in play this atack does 50 more damage and this attacks damage isnt affected by resistance or any other effects on your opponents active pokemon" which means if there was no stadium card when you attacked with M mewtwo X than regices resistance blizzard will prevent it from being damage , and if there was a stadium card than its a bug :)

Hope this helps

Mecsjoo :D

Welp I'm an idiot xD. I forgot that there was a condition needing to be met for the attack to skip the opponent's effects.

Welp I'm an idiot xD. I forgot that there was a condition needing to be met for the attack to skip the opponent's effects.

Haha happens :P

Haha happens :P

but what if there was a stadium and it still didnt work. it did that to me against suicune with safeguard and it was shrine of memories out. i used vanishing strike and it did nothing.

but what if there was a stadium and it still didnt work. it did that to me against suicune with safeguard and it was shrine of memories out. i used vanishing strike and it did nothing.

Ofcourse thats a bug

Hi Xilixer!

As this isn't a bug, I'll go ahead and close this thread. Thanks for your help, Trainers!

Xensor, if you experience that again, please submit a game log to us via support ticket. Thanks! :)

Archived