[GAME] Tournament - Received Defeat for no apparent reason

TimmyFTW3

Sooo I was just playing in a Tournament, it was a rough 2nd round, But I managed to pull it all together and get the advantage. Suddenly it says 'defeat' when I have 1 prize left, 1 minute left on the clock, 9 cards left to draw. Opponent still had 3 or 4 prizes left to get... Soo how did I lose? I was streaming at the time and will be uploading a video of this game breaking glitch. Would post it here but it seems they don't allow links on the forums. If anyone is curious enough, find me on twitch.

Sooo I was just playing in a Tournament, it was a rough 2nd round,

But I managed to pull it all together and get the advantage.

Suddenly it says 'defeat' when I have 1 prize left, 1 minute left on the clock, 9 cards left to draw. Opponent still had 3 or 4 prizes left to get... Soo how did I lose?

I was streaming at the time and will be uploading a video of this game breaking glitch.

I think this is one of the known bugs that was mentioned some time ago. What's bugged here is the timer itself. I'm not certain whether the timer doesn't properly keep track of the time that has really passed, or if the displayed time is correct and just abruply times out when it has almost run out (at around 1 minute remaining).

Either way, what this means is that you currently don't have as much time left as the timer displays near the end. When you have somewhere between 1 to 2 minutes left, the game will think that your time run out and will say that you lost due to time out.

I know that this bug is already pending for a fix, but I'm not certain of when it will be fixed. They could be waiting until the patch when legacy will be released (originally during the second half of march; now confirmed to be delayed until April).

Sadly this just means that, until it gets fixed, you simply can't trust the timer when it goes below the 2 minute mark.

Here it is. Quoted from the Known Issues List:

Gameplay: General

• A player's time clock is incorrectly reduced by 2-3 seconds each time their turn ends.

This was last updated a few days ago (March 25th, 2016), although the update from that day wasn't related to this bug. IIRC, this bug dates back at least to the release date of BREAKpoint, and probably earlier. Either way, we can (probably) expect it to be fixed by the time Fates Collide comes out.

What actually happened is that every time you end your turn you lose 3 seconds of your timer, which does not get displayed graphically in the timer. So if you played 20 turns, you would lose aproximately a full minute of your timer.

How is this not considered a MAJOR PROBLEM? Why have it not been fixed?
I know shop bundles are important and all but tournament bugs?

Nah, just let people get robbed. Considering people pay for tickets, this is theft in my eyes.

I know shop bundles are important and all but tournament bugs?

Nah, just let people get robbed. Considering people pay for tickets, this is theft in my eyes.

Actually, most people don't pay for tickets, because the price they charge for them is a complete rip off xd specially considering that right now the Winner's Wheel practically throws tickets in your face. There is actually a thread in the feedback section requesting to lower the amount of tickets given out, since a lot of people get way more than they can actually use. Chickenman seems to have 800+ tickets already. Personally, I love tickets. I play a lot of tournaments, so the more I get of them the better. But for most people getting as many as the Mystery Box is currently giving out is too much and they'd rather get more tokens or packs from it. That's an entirely different topic though, so I'm moving on to the next point.

It's not so much that this isn't regarded as a major issue. It's just that there are currently a lot of major issues pending for a fix, and when everything is a big issue, they just end up being in the same priority level. Whether we like it or not, all of the pending issues cannot be fixed simultaneously. I do not know which method they use to prioritize among the known issues pending for fixed, but sooner or later it will have to get fixed. I'm sorry to tell you there really isn't much else to it. The list of things that need to be either fixed or changed is LONG, and this point is just one of the many points in that list. Keep in mind that in addition to all of the bugs on the Known Issues list, there is a series of other things that are not bugs that consume time to develop and test, such as the upcoming Legacy format. It already got delayed once, most likely because until the second half of march was not enough time to finish programming and testing it. Even then, no matter how much testing they do, there will probably be more, new bugs associated to the format, which will then take priority to fix asap.

Also (although this is mostly just a technicality), this isn't a tournament exclusive bug, it also happens in VS. It's just that in VS you will pretty much never come even close to depleting the 25 minutes you get to start with, so you will never notice this bug over in VS, but it does exist there as well.

I think this is a known issue that is being addressed, but I have forwarded your post to the proper channels for immediate review. If you have any questions regarding that specific match, please do send a ticket into the support team so they can investigate this matter further, they would be in a position to better look into that match and replace any lost tickets due to a bug. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question".

Thank you again for your bug report.

Sorry if I came off as rude in my original posts. I was a bit frustrated. 

Thanks for the informational replies, you guys are awesome!

Hey there!

As this is a known issue, I'll close this thread. We greatly appreciate your patience until it is resolved! :)

Archived