Won't Play Ever Again!

Szpekowski

Game is majorly a piece *******, expecially when it comes to new players.

Super constructive critisism. 8.8/10 IGN would read again. Kappa.

You also got the wrong section, this is the bug report area, not the feedback section.

If you're not happy with that, feel free to answer again. I will happily deconstruct whatever you throw at me and prove you to be thoroughly wrong.

Super constructive critisism. 8.8/10 IGN would read again. Kappa.

You also got the wrong section, this is the bug report area, not the feedback section.

If you're not happy with that, feel free to answer again. I will happily deconstruct whatever you throw at me and prove you to be thoroughly wrong.

You don't seem to be at peace today :P Are you :P ?

You don't seem to be at peace today :P Are you :P ?

I'm sorry dude xd I'm kinda stressed out. Don't worry though, I'll be fine in a few more days and I'll go back to being (mostly) nice xd

I'm sorry dude xd I'm kinda stressed out. Don't worry though, I'll be fine in a few more days and I'll go back to being (mostly) nice xd

Hope the stress is gone xD and hope the Original Poster feels a bit better about the game (Just incase I am not warned about not being about the topic, so I will comment on the topic :D )

The game is actually doing very good stuff for new players, there is daily challenge, VS Ladder - 45 packs through trainer challenge, theme deck tournaments. This is considerably more than enough than what was there when I started. So you must feel thankful and happy :)

dude this game is fun. i loved it when i first joined. the challenges ahead of me, is what made it worth my time to play and grind up coins to get packs so i could make a good deck. i also spent money on packs to get even more pokemon. the thing is, its not nor was it meant to be easy when you first joined. its like irl. you have to buy the items to get good decks. just use themes til you can make a good deck. we all did. some of us even went on our own and tried a deck we created to see how it would do. if we won ******* not oh well. time to go back to the drawing boards.

I have to kinda agree with the OP. With the game being not very user-friendly (especially for IOS) and noob friendly. Yes, the game has come along way to add a few thing in to ease this frustration, but it still has a huge amount of issues, especially economically. Then their is the consistent pandering to older formats without the extension of "shop alleviation" to make it more viable for newcomers to even participate in said modes.

My personal issue that I see, and can see why newer players might be frustrated are; 1. Not having a stable secondary market due to Gems only being for a specific region (Which IMO wont change anytime soon) which allows other to manipulate you for your items/packs. 2. The fact that the DeVs don't shed any light on the development process for certain issues and only offer the same acronym every time we have serious inquires, i.e. "VLLOTTCAE" like if that makes us feel better or more confidant about the situation! -_-

Then there is the lack of players to saturate the secondary market, making cards and certain items almost unattainable for players who are in real life on a budget! That isn't to say that you can't eventually earn them "free" but lets be real, you try starting at ZERO packs and do only tournaments to get a Jirachi promo, or an SR UB. Again, not saying these items should be everywhere, but in all honesty, saturation would be better if we had a higher player base, and the only way to do that is to get a better "SHOP" system in place so newer players don't feel so intimidated by building their first decks. And by that I mean allowing players to access older expansion packs to eventually obtain the card they need either though trading or by opening locked cards. 

I'm sure fanboys will rip me a new one for even saying these things, but to be perfectly honest this is how I view it, and I'm sure this is the opinion of many that come to try out PTCGO! 

I am fortunate enough to have all 4 shaymins, 80% of every EX, and a plethora of other items/card in game to build my decks, play any mode, and do what I want in game! But those didn't come cheap either! So this isn't me coming in trying to justify the "OP," and lets be honest, the way you put the thread out was kinda rude!!! He could've stated the issue that he saw with the game, then left some feedback to engage the community about why he feels he needs to leave. But lets be real here, most people who are just testing are going to do exactly what he did! They are going to try it, get frustrated, and then post like this... Granted, I still love this game, and endure it's flaws (including all the bugs, IOS issue, and lack of market balance) but others might not be as patient. 

This may seem acceptable to people like us who are willing to sit and wait things out, but in the long run, it only hurts "US" due to newer players spreading the word of "STAY AWAY!" If we don't get a newer fresher player base every so often, then our secondary econ and player base to play with slowly dwindles... 

So to summarize:

Yeah, there are alot of issues, and alot of them being ignored. But to come at it in a rude post doesn't really help anyone (DeVs or community) but at the same time, we will inevitably see more unless changes are made to help newer player jump into the game without having to sacrifice an arm and a leg to get basic items/card to even compete! Even on this extent, theme decks still need a balance better than just replacing a few card for newer players as well as veteran player to enjoy the experience. I mean, I still love the game, still will play, but why would you expect newer players to stick around when there is HS, HEX, IW, and other TCG/CCG's that do a better job supplying new players with an easy transition? 

Just my 2 cents on the subject. 

As said in the forum rules:

Be Constructive: New threads should have a clear title. The original post should make the purpose of the thread easily understandable. Replies should add new insight or information to the conversation. Spamming, flaming, trolling, and bumping add nothing positive to the conversation and will not be tolerated. Though petitions and polls are constructive at the outset, they frequently degenerate into unconstructive arguments and are therefore not permitted.

This thread is now closed.

Archived