[Standard] MegaAggron/Zoroark deck - I Need some advices.

RuskeD

Hi Folks. 

First off, thanks for joining in to read my humble request for help. 

So, i think most of you know the strategy of this deck but just in case it´s a eternal retreat mode with zoroark+float stone while i´m powering up my bulk mega aggron asap. 

Aegislash-ex against all hated special energy decks and mr.mime against spread damage pokemon (and unfortunates flip-coins with MegaAggron). 

I think i lack some draw power or sometimes i think it´s not so consistency because i find myself lost skip some critical turns that could have helped me set everything up and started using mega aggron or zoroark to attack. Well, that´s it.

My current decklist: 

Pokemon (16)

• 3 Aggron-EX (Primal Clash)
  • 3 Mega Aggron-EX (Primal Clash)
  • 2 Bronzor (XY-Phantom Forces)
  • 2 Bronzong (XY-Phantom Forces)
  • 2 Zoroa
  • 2 Zoroark
  • 1 Aegislash-EX (XY-Phantom Forces)
  • 1 Mr.Mime

Trainer Cards (30)

• 2 VS seeker
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Heavy Ball
  • 1 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 1 Deliquent
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 2 Trainer´s Mail
  • 2 Crushing Hammer
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Shauna
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Prof.  Birch
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Steel Shelter (Stadium)
  • 2 Aggron Spirit Link

Energy (14)

• 3 Double Colorless
  • 11 Metal Energy

Thanks guys and stay healthy.

I would like to suggest a few changes !!

-1 M Aggron EX

-1 Lysandre

-2 Crushing Hammer

-1 Deliquent

-1 Pokemon Fan club

-2 Steel Shelter

-3 Metal Energy

+2 VS Seeker

+1 Trainer's Mail

+1 Zorua

+1 Zoroark

+1 Sycamore

+1 Shuana

+1 Double Colourless Energy

+1 Super Rod

+2 Paint Roller/Reverse Valley

I hope this helps. I apparently, removed all cards that disrupt your opponent. This is because when you play M aggron, your first priority is to set up M aggron, rather than disrupting your opponent. So thats what I did, Zoroark is a very powerful attacker, not only does it provide free retreat, it takes care of Raichu and M ray decks and also good against Yveltal Deck and Regice counters :)

I hope this helps :)

-1 M Aggron EX

-1 Lysandre

-2 Crushing Hammer

-1 Deliquent

-1 Pokemon Fan club

-2 Steel Shelter

-3 Metal Energy

+2 VS Seeker

+1 Trainer's Mail

+1 Zorua

+1 Zoroark

+1 Sycamore

+1 Shuana

+1 Super Rod

I hope this helps. I apparently, removed all cards that disrupt your opponent. This is because when you play M aggron, your first priority is to set up M aggron, rather than disrupting your opponent. So thats what I did, Zoroark is a very powerful attacker, not only does it provide free retreat, it takes care of Raichu and M ray decks and also good against Yveltal Deck and Regice counters :)

I hope this helps :)

Hmm, i got your point but now i must change my mindset.

I know mega aggron is high priority but i am kinda sick of fast-decks that outplay mega aggron so easily, and that´s when i decided to get some disruptive cards (and worked somehow) but i wasn´t quite satisfied as i thought i would be. 

I´ll try this changes in and get back here with some feedback.

Thanks man.

PS: IF YOU STILL HAVE SOME ADVICES YOU CAN POST IT HERE, I REALLY LIKE TO DISCUSS DECK STRATEGY BUT TO DO SO WE NEED MORE PEOPLE SHARING THOUGHTS AS WELL. 

Thanks one more time.

-1 M Aggron EX

-1 Lysandre

-2 Crushing Hammer

-1 Deliquent

-1 Pokemon Fan club

-2 Steel Shelter

-3 Metal Energy

+2 VS Seeker

+1 Trainer's Mail

+1 Zorua

+1 Zoroark

+1 Sycamore

+1 Shuana

+1 Super Rod

Maybe take off a paint roller/ reverse valley and add a hoopa, you have so many ex's its hard not to run it to get the cards you need XD

Also on 2nd thought, you might also want to add another battle compressor and a mega turbo or 2. By the time you get this set up regularly, yveltal will wipe your field unfortunately :/ same with nightmarch, mega aggron does not have that many things going for it, so the only acceleration as far as energy that I see with this deck are, linking, and tossing your energies as soon as possible while also adding a few with mega turbo. Not sure if there are any more off the top of my head. You could run a volcarona solar birth, but you wouldnt have enough room in your deck.

I would diversify your attackers:  Include a Dialga EX as an anti-EX attacker.  I would try Ultra Ball and Level Ball maybe 3 and 2 to help set up Bronzong easier.  Ultra Ball will make it easier to select the appropriate attacker for the threat you are facing and doubles for discarding metal energy and Level Ball is tailor made for the stage 1 support pokemon.  4 DCE is a must have since Zoroark as well as Aggron and Dialga can use it very well.  Aegislash can buy you a few turn to get M Aggron ready to go.  I tried 3-3 Bronzong since starting with Bronzor and having Bronzong active is no big deal, it might get KO'd but in the meantime there's no switching or retreating required: your attackers are benched and being metal links'd to.  Evosoda or a single Wally can sometimes work for Zoroark or Bronzong, it could be a nice inclusion.  Maybe a single Brigette would help set up you energy acceleration scenario more quickly also.  GL!  Megaton Slam is fun!

The above players actually gave better solutions if you want to try them out. I only removed the disruptive part because, if you are sick out speedy decks, OUTSPEED THEM !!  So focus on outspeeding them, setting up fast would be the best way.

Also on 2nd thought, you might also want to add another battle compressor and a mega turbo or 2. By the time you get this set up regularly, yveltal will wipe your field unfortunately :/ same with nightmarch, mega aggron does not have that many things going for it, so the only acceleration as far as energy that I see with this deck are, linking, and tossing your energies as soon as possible while also adding a few with mega turbo. Not sure if there are any more off the top of my head. You could run a volcarona solar birth, but you wouldnt have enough room in your deck.

Maaann , Yveltal and Night March are my true nightmares (and mega houndoom ex as well) right now ahahhahaha.

It´s funny yet interesting that both mindset can be applied in this deck. Either you outspeed them or try to set up as many setbacks as possible to put the opponent´s strategy off. This feels kinda satisfying for me :P

I hate every single disruptive trainer card (especially Team flare grunt and deliquent, OMG AARRGHHH), so that i decided to have some of these cards and pay back all the misfortunes i´ve had.

I still think only 1 battle compressor is good enough but mega turbo sounds really interesting and i think i´ll try this out soon.

The above players actually gave better solutions if you want to try them out. I only removed the disruptive part because, if you are sick out speedy decks, OUTSPEED THEM !!  So focus on outspeeding them, setting up fast would be the best way.

OH YEAH.  :cool:

I guess this is a great way of thinking in the current meta and i hope to as fast as Sonic the hedgehog but...you know man....nothing beats night march at speed. Sad.

Thanks sir.

Maaann , Yveltal and Night March are my true nightmares (and mega houndoom ex as well) right now ahahhahaha.

It´s funny yet interesting that both mindset can be applied in this deck. Either you outspeed them or try to set up as many setbacks as possible to put the opponent´s strategy off. This feels kinda satisfying for me :P

I hate every single disruptive trainer card (especially Team flare grunt and deliquent, OMG AARRGHHH), so that i decided to have some of these cards and pay back all the misfortunes i´ve had.

I still think only 1 battle compressor is good enough but mega turbo sounds really interesting and i think i´ll try this out soon.

OH YEAH.  :cool:

I guess this is a great way of thinking in the current meta and i hope to as fast as Sonic the hedgehog but...you know man....nothing beats night march at speed. Sad.

Thanks sir.

Night march is too much these days, I think i will need to make an effective pyroar deck :P LOL, after the trump card was banned, this has been the story always. We just can't do anything. But best of luck xD :D

Have a nice day :)

Night march is too much these days, I think i will need to make an effective pyroar deck :P LOL, after the trump card was banned, this has been the story always. We just can't do anything. But best of luck xD :D

Have a nice day :)

Yes night march is bad, but look at the next set, when NM will have yet another helper, Mew XD I still think the trick in having this deck is speed, not disruption XD Look on the bright side, you have an Aegislash that prevents that annoying DCE unless they use hex maniac, the best thing imo would be to get that as your active asap and build up your aggron on the bench. Is there anything that nullifies Lysandre?

Yes night march is bad, but look at the next set, when NM will have yet another helper, Mew XD I still think the trick in having this deck is speed, not disruption XD Look on the bright side, you have an Aegislash that prevents that annoying DCE unless they use hex maniac, the best thing imo would be to get that as your active asap and build up your aggron on the bench. Is there anything that nullifies Lysandre?

Lysandre.....Hmmmm....Nothing comes to my mind right now. :rolleyes:

Zoroark is great when lysandre is used to "buy time", otherwise he is just overpowered.Period. ahahaha

Well now i have a question. Is zoroark BREAK viable in this deck?

I think it is too much risk with low return but that´s something has been bothering me for a while.

Lysandre.....Hmmmm....Nothing comes to my mind right now. :rolleyes:

Zoroark is great when lysandre is used to "buy time", otherwise he is just overpowered.Period. ahahaha

Well now i have a question. Is zoroark BREAK viable in this deck?

I think it is too much risk with low return but that´s something has been bothering me for a while.

Zoroark's Foul play can fit in any deck but it needs Dark energy, so I suggest don't play Zoroark Break.

It might be worth it though, we talked about stalling in this deck to build up that mega aggron, why not do it while messing with your opponent as much as possible? Foul Play might come in handy here in my opinion :P

. Is there anything that nullifies Lysandre?

I just the Ω Barrier: Whenever your opponent plays a Trainer card (excluding Pokémon Tools and Stadium cards), prevent all effects of that card done to this Pokémon.

Primal Groudon is the "prime" example. You can't Lysandre it. There are 6 total cards with this Ancient Trait, mainly Primal Clash's:

Sceptile #9

Magcargo #24

Electrike #60

Rhyperior #77

Primal Groudon EX #86

Regirock (Promo XY49)

Out of this nothing cames to my mind.

I just the Ω Barrier: Whenever your opponent plays a Trainer card (excluding Pokémon Tools and Stadium cards), prevent all effects of that card done to this Pokémon.

Primal Groudon is the "prime" example. You can't Lysandre it. There are 6 total cards with this Ancient Trait, mainly Primal Clash's:

Sceptile #9

Magcargo #24

Electrike #60

Rhyperior #77

Primal Groudon EX #86

Regirock (Promo XY49)

Out of this nothing cames to my mind.

Lol nice pun XD But if those are the only ones, then this deck would not really have protection against Lysandre since none of those cards are really compatible with Aggron.

Just as an aside, I am considering Primal Groudon for Regionals.

Wobbuffet starts cripple lots of decks, but Primal Groudon is really slow and disruptive trainers in standard. . . well they're not that different from expanded come to think of it. The only outstanding example would be laserbank.
I think the only reason to play Mega Aggron is the pure joy of putting the whole game on a coin flip, which you must win in most cases to avoid being KO'd the following turn.

Here's a rough deck I threw together

1 M Aggron-EX (PCL 94)
2 Zoroark (BKT 91)
3 Bronzong (PHF 61)
2 Zorua (BKT 89)
3 Bronzor (BKT 95)
2 Aggron-EX (PCL 93)
1 Dialga-EX (PHF 62)
1 Shaymin-EX (ROS 106)
1 Aegislash-EX (PHF 65)
1 Shaymin-EX (ROS 77)

4 Double Colorless Energy (XY 130)
8 Metal Energy (XY 139)

4 VS Seeker (PHF 109)
1 Hex Maniac (AOR 75)
4 Battle Compressor (PHF 92)
4 Professor Sycamore (XY 122)
2 Lysandre (AOR 78)
4 Ultra Ball (FLF 99)
3 Sky Field (ROS 89)
2 Aggron Spirit Link (PCL 123)
1 AZ (PHF 117)
1 Switch (KSS 38)
3 Float Stone (BKT 137)
2 Judge (BKT 143)

So a few things could probably be cut. . . I dunno.  Playtested against a few things.  Trevenant Break dominated me, Lucario Bats I beat several times.  Most of the time, I wished I had 3-3 Zoroark and 2/2 of Aegislash / Dialga.  Shrine would have been cool, because Mega Aggron is pretty hard to one shot and Raging Hammer would have been outrageous, but Dialga and Zoroark really seemed to carry the weight, obviously it seems that way because I haven't a 3-3 Aggron line to play with... oh well. . .

Might try 3 Battle Compressor and 3 Ultra 2 Level Ball.

Man.
I appreciate every comment posted here and i wanna share some recent changes based on our discussion here.

Another point is that added one more bronzong line and removed some trainer cards that were not being useful at all.

Mr.Mime has not been doing well, less than 5% of my matches i could say that was good to have it (like when i get bad flips with MegaAggron).

I was thinking in including another strong attacker like Dialga-EX or Heatran but i don´t have any of these...So give some time xD.

I might take back mr.mime but let´s see what will the results be from these few changes.

New deck list:

Pokemon (16)

• 3 Aggron-EX (Primal Clash)
  • 2 M Aggron-EX (Primal Clash)
  • 3 Bronzor (XY Phantom Forces)
  • 3 Bronzong (XY Phantom Forces)
  • 2 Zorua (XY Breakthrough)
  • 2 Zoroark (XY Breakthrough)
  • 1 Aegislash-EX (XY Phantom Forces)
  • 1 Mr.Mime w/ Bench Barrier (XY Breakthrough)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (30)

• 2 Battle Compressor (+1)
  • 2 Mega Turbo (+2)
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Heavy Ball
  • 1 Brigette (+1)
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 1 Delinquent
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Shauna
  • 1 SKYLA
  • 1 Lysandre (-1)
  • 2 Reverse Valley
  • 2 Aggron Spirit Link
  • 1 Startling Megaphone

Energy (14)

• 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 10 Metal Energy

Thanks once again.

I have one spare Heatran (PhF). If you didn't got it yet let me know.

I should check if I can also give out one of my Dialga (or not).

3 Sycamore, 3 Birch and 2 Shauna seems way too much. I miss one Xerosic (but you have a Startling Megaphone so... no problem?).

I have one spare Heatran (PhF). If you didn't got it yet let me know.

I should check if I can also give out one of my Dialga (or not).

3 Sycamore, 3 Birch and 2 Shauna seems way too much. I miss one Xerosic (but you have a Startling Megaphone so... no problem?).

Oh lord, thank u so much.

I will add you in-game soon so that we can trade, just in case my account is the same Rusked.

Dialga is my priority right now because i have no specific countermeasures for pokemon EX, so i am kinda eager to have one instead of Heatran

Yeah i agree there are so many supporters for draw power but i guess i put it that way because i have no Shaymin-ex ( but i have no room for one yet)

I will add you in-game soon so that we can trade, just in case my account is the same Rusked.

Dialga is my priority right now because i have no specific countermeasures for pokemon EX, so i am kinda eager to have one instead of Heatran

Yeah i agree there are so many supporters for draw power but i guess i put it that way because i have no Shaymin-ex ( but i have no room for one yet)

It might not be a good idea to use Shaymin EX with this deck XD As you mentioned before, M Aggron has a 50% chance of damaging yourself, and with Mime out of the picture now, you have no way to prevent that damage, and you might be giving away 2 free prize cards :o It's definitely a shame that you have to use your turn's supporter for draw instead of disruption or set-up but it might be necessary XD. My point, you might want to STAY AWAY FROM SHAY!

Hope this helps XD

wwhsdjhudj

FR sent  ^_^

Archived