Please reduce the total time in versus-games. 25 minutes per player is to long.

Oldschool1990

As the title says, I would like to see the timer reduced. Recently, I've got a bunch of timestallers and afk-people who alt-tab the game once each 2 minutes.

The new inactive-detection-system is kinda useless. It does not detect anything. Players can be afk right from the start, and it takes 3 minutes to autokick them.

I'm not really concerned if someone takes a bit longer to make a difficult decision or because he/she has a slow computer/net connection.

However, if someone starts a game, then alt-tabs out to watch a funny cat video on Yovtvbe, then after 2 minutes alt-tabs back into the game again, takes 2 minutes for the turn, then passes the turn and alt-tabs out again, and so on, getting the timer to 2 minutes left while my timer is still at 20 minutes left, that is extremely unpleasant and annoying.

I hereby request to set the timer in versus-mode down to 10 minutes for each player to prevent afk and timestalling-abuse. It's extremely rude to waste someones time.

I want to play the game and have fun and not wait 24 hours for someone to alt-tab into the game again. -.-'

Alt-tabbers? Pokemon has that now? Glad I never meet these people. 

10 minutes is WAY too short for a match. Some decks ( won't say names ) 

take 5 minutes in the 1st turn to get setup. 

You could try reporting the player during the battle. Or you could just concede

to another match. Not like this game records win-loss except with decks and 

that doesn't really work either. 

Tournament matches have shorter timers and I see people run out of time

about 20% of the time. Wouldn't wanna start seeing that in versus. 

I would honestly drop it to MAYBE 15 at minimum, and while I try not to just stall, sometimes I need to make a really hard decision and it may look like I'm stalling lol

I would honestly drop it to MAYBE 15 at minimum, and while I try not to just stall, sometimes I need to make a really hard decision and it may look like I'm stalling lol

I could agree on 15 minutes for VS. Since 12:30 seems to always be sufficient for me on tournaments, VS could work just fine with just 15.

I honestly think that the last change they made to the idling system solved almost all the issues of rage stallers, so they aren't nearly as much of a problem now. At the very least, I haven't encountered any after that patch. 

I agree that a lot of times, when people take very long on a turn they are legit just trying to think through a tough decision. I too have been in that spot several times.

I personally agree that the timer could be reduced. However, even dropping it to 15 minutes seems drastic. Maybe drop it 5 minutes (20:00), then if there is still lots of surplus time for Decks that need long setup, they could drop it to 15.

Drop it to 2 minutes. Battle to the death.

That would actually be a fun extra mode xd It would be interesting to see what people come up with since with a 2 minute limit pretty much anything that involves a lengthy set up would be out of the question. It would feel sort of like playing Blitz Chess.

Drop it to 2 minutes. Battle to the death.

I'm a fan. Drop matches to 15 minutes, then if someone times out, enter Death Battle Mode. Whoever does the most damage in those 2 minutes gets 10 Extra Tokens for each 1000 damage dealt during the overtime.

Idk I've been up since 2 am so I'm probably slightly insane.

I'm a fan. Drop matches to 15 minutes, then if someone times out, enter Death Battle Mode. Whoever does the most damage in those 2 minutes gets 10 Extra Tokens for each 1000 damage dealt during the overtime.

Idk I've been up since 2 am so I'm probably slightly insane.

That's ok man. We all end up a little bit insane with enough sleep deprivation xd I just pulled an allnighter the other day to finish a lab report, so I have that feeling of insanity pretty fresh in my memory.

Oldschool1990, on 26 Mar 2016 - ***** AM, said:

As the title says, I would like to see the timer reduced. Recently, I've got a bunch of timestallers and afk-people who alt-tab the game once each 2 minutes.

The new inactive-detection-system is kinda useless. It does not detect anything. Players can be afk right from the start, and it takes 3 minutes to autokick them.

I'm not really concerned if someone takes a bit longer to make a difficult decision or because he/she has a slow computer/net connection.

However, if someone starts a game, then alt-tabs out to watch a funny cat video on Yovtvbe, then after 2 minutes alt-tabs back into the game again, takes 2 minutes for the turn, then passes the turn and alt-tabs out again, and so on, getting the timer to 2 minutes left while my timer is still at 20 minutes left, that is extremely unpleasant and annoying.

I hereby request to set the timer in versus-mode down to 10 minutes for each player to prevent afk and timestalling-abuse. It's extremely rude to waste someones time.

I want to play the game and have fun and not wait 24 hours for someone to alt-tab into the game again. -.-'

I think, I don't agree with this,

Coz, see, we got 20 days to complete the vs ladder, and we can also easily complete it!

If the opponent does time pass, we must think that they waste our time, because they know that they will surely lose!

Last time, I met 1 player in the game who was wasting my time, I just told him that ''I have a lot of time to waste with you, take your own time :) ''

Lol! and he conceded...

So i think we have many options like, we can concede and battle next player or wait till the opponent concede

I hope my post was helpful or maybe not :P !

And good luck for reducing the time :) !

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Olexa

Really, i have a total 30 minutes at morning and evening to play this game,im even dont say about versus revards,i forget about that a long ago(i have only 500-700 points every time), as for tournaments - i have acamulated 500 tickets and i dont have any idea how to spend them because i dont have any time to play longer then 30 minutes while theese tournaments long 1-2 hours.
I hope you can hear me and other peoples with lack of time,because we admire this game but cant spend a lot of time on this game for differen reasons,please try to solve this.

thx.

Or make something that makes the time run out faster when afk/doing nothing. Like 2x faster for each 10 seconds inactive.

I will keep bumping this tread untill the mods choose not to ignore it any longer.

I'm curious what you expect them to do. They will most likely come and say they will consider their options, which they can and are doing without saying so on this thread.

Do you expect them to say they are changing it in the next update? Because there are people that like, and need, it how it is now. So it's not like this is a cut-and-dry, needs to be changed, no one opposing you kind of situation. 

Archived