Complaining about the ladder rewards again

Oldschool1990

Sorry folks, no offense, but after 2 Non-standard ladders (which are justified from time to time to get the extended-format players some cards too), I actually hoped we would go back to standard with the ladder rewards.

Now, 3 Non-standard ladders in a row is a bit pesky.

Please give us some standard-relevant cards with the next ladder.

idk dude. I can understand wanting to get cards that you can use, but it seems so petty to complain about this when 16 out of the 20 ladder rewards are still usable for Standard-only players.

The game already gives you:

• Standard packs and tokens from Trainer Challenge stars
  • Standard packs from beating 12 trainers for each deck in Trainer Challenge
  • 1000 tokens from the ladder every 21 days
  • 9 packs of the current expansion every 21 days
  • 17 tickets every 21 days
  • 4 uncommon chest and 1 holo chest every 21 days
  • Tokens and standard packs from daily rewards
  • All sort of goodies from both the Winners and the Loser's wheel.
  • The occasional compensatory tradelocked packs for server downtime.

And people complain about 4 ladder steps. The game litters you with free stuff, and you complain about what little it doesn't give you for free.

I'm not opposed to people having an opinion (despite what some of my other posts would indicate), but that doesn't mean that you're right. Not only does the game already give you plenty of free stuff that you can use already, there are also several players who do play expanded who can make use of these cards, and almost all of the time the ladder is composed entirely of standard rewards. We even get the chance of obtaining cards that would otherwise be extremely hard to obtain, such as FA N, and to a much (MUCH) smaller degree, FA Bianca.

I honestly think that you should be happy with what you have and let it be. Sooner or later we'll return to having standard rewards in the ladder. I'm sure you can live with it untill then right?

man i love these rewards. i love expanded formats. its about time we get some to.as far as i know since i been playing,  rewards been for standard. but i been playing the online since christmas of 2015.

Just an FYI, the odds are that we will not get a Standard Ladder until August.

If the trend with using the same EX as the current event continues, we might get BP Darkrai EX next month, and are almost certain to get BP Manaphy EX the month after that. Also, it might be possible that we get some standard ladders between the event tie-in ones, since each ladder is shorter than a month.

If the trend with using the same EX as the current event continues, we might get BP Darkrai EX next month, and are almost certain to get BP Manaphy EX the month after that. Also, it might be possible that we get some standard ladders between the event tie-in ones, since each ladder is shorter than a month.

no it be a b/w darkrai. all the exs that is following the months is b/w for most of em. but maybe a few execptions. darkrai will be the one with ability.

no it be a b/w darkrai. all the exs that is following the months is b/w for most of em. but maybe a few execptions. darkrai will be the one with ability.

For once I agree with you, Xensor. The EX cards will be BLW, unless no BLW equivalent exists (only Manaphy-EX BKP, and Arceus-EX [unreleased].

idk dude. I can understand wanting to get cards that you can use, but it seems so petty to complain about this when 16 out of the 20 ladder rewards are still usable for Standard-only players.

The game already gives you:

• Standard packs and tokens from Trainer Challenge stars
  • Standard packs from beating 12 trainers for each deck in Trainer Challenge
  • 1000 tokens from the ladder every 21 days
  • 9 packs of the current expansion every 21 days
  • 17 tickets every 21 days
  • 4 uncommon chest and 1 holo chest every 21 days
  • Tokens and standard packs from daily rewards
  • All sort of goodies from both the Winners and the Loser's wheel.
  • The occasional compensatory tradelocked packs for server downtime.

And people complain about 4 ladder steps. The game litters you with free stuff, and you complain about what little it doesn't give you for free.

I'm not opposed to people having an opinion (despite what some of my other posts would indicate), but that doesn't mean that you're right. Not only does the game already give you plenty of free stuff that you can use already, there are also several players who do play expanded who can make use of these cards, and almost all of the time the ladder is composed entirely of standard rewards. We even get the chance of obtaining cards that would otherwise be extremely hard to obtain, such as FA N, and to a much (MUCH) smaller degree, FA Bianca.

I honestly think that you should be happy with what you have and let it be. Sooner or later we'll return to having standard rewards in the ladder. I'm sure you can live with it untill then right?

My brother here explains it ALL!!  I think its ridiculous to complain about such AWSOME LADDERS and to be honest if they were not so good I still would not complain because PTCGO IS FREE!!!

Some Advice: We all had to start out here the same-AT THE BOTTOM. You will get cards as you play in tournamnets, Completing daily challenges,(which was not here when I first started) Completing trainer challenges, TRADING/MAKING FREINDS- (The BIGGEST AND BEST) way or you can buy packs and boxes in real life (IF you have the money) then use the codes in the pack/boxes to bring those cards TO LIFE!     (I have done this and will do more of it too LOL)

Glad to FINALLY get Jirachi EX (I never owned one before) and Bianca will look good with all my other F-A trainer cards.

Beautiful choice in ideas PTCGO! ^_________^

My brother here explains it ALL!!  I think its ridiculous to complain about such AWSOME LADDERS and to be honest if they were not so good I still would not complain because PTCGO IS FREE!!!

Some Advice: We all had to start out here the same-AT THE BOTTOM. You will get cards as you play in tournamnets, Completing daily challenges,(which was not here when I first started) Completing trainer challenges, TRADING/MAKING FREINDS- (The BIGGEST AND BEST) way or you can buy packs and boxes in real life (IF you have the money) then use the codes in the pack/boxes to bring those cards TO LIFE!     (I have done this and will do more of it too LOL)

Glad to FINALLY get Jirachi EX (I never owned one before) and Bianca will look good with all my other F-A trainer cards.

Beautiful choice in ideas PTCGO! ^_________^

There we go, that's the possitivity this thread was missing. You're the best Zapdos xd I'm so salty I run out of positives right before getting to this xd I'll make sure to come back tommorrow to give you one xd

I'm also really happy about Jirachi EX. I was thinking of making an Archie deck soon and Jirachi EX really helps to get the job done. I thought about buying 2 Jirachi EX before, but I was spending all my resources on completing XY sets (I still am xd) so I didn't want to make that investment. Now that it's part of the ladder, they have completely saved me the effort.

EDIT: Please someone give Zapdos a positive on my behalf xd I'm so sorry man, I really will get to you tomorrow.

EDIT: Got that possitive back up xd Given as promised.

Complaining about 3 ladders being expanded is a bit uncalled for, as we've already had a full set of ladders (other than psychic I believe) and it only makes sense to move to expanded afterwards, and besides its only a few of the ladder rewards that have any effect, like you still get all the coins/tickets/packs, and chests that you would with a standard ladder, so why complain that ~5 spots are expanded cards, they need to take into account what every player wants, not only just the new players.

why even cry about getting free items. like for real. know what why don't you go buy those items you want. since you don't want free stuff and quit playing vs. cause you must not be wanting coins or tickets or a 10% chance of getting a tradeable pack.

I dont know if anyone realized this but, these expanded ladders have some good cards to build for the new legacy format, jirachi one of the best out of the bunch. I  suggest you people work towards these reards because legacy has no standard cards, no shaymin, no speed. SO a lot of people would be appealed to this, but that is just my opinion

jirachi ex is such a useful card how can a person say that they don't want it. on top of that we have FA Bianca i don't know about you guys but i'm going to be grinding this weekend, already at 410 using garchomp. 

I like having expanded ladders, you know not everyone is always playing standard you do know that right? 

ikr

jirachi ex is such a useful card how can a person say that they don't want it. on top of that we have FA Bianca i don't know about you guys but i'm going to be grinding this weekend, already at 410 using garchomp. 

yea jirachi is useful. i have one already. tho i paid 6 rs but still its useful in decks. you never know you may need a supporter so using jirachi can get that card you need right there on the spot.

and why complain if you dont want to use it then dont. i ain't using the pokemon given but jirachi. i use the packs, coins and chests more then anything. exs if they are worth it. the fa i will if i can see where it fits.

Archived