[GAME] Versus Mode - Loading for matchmaking seems to be taking a long time

V1shan

When trying to load the versus mode. Selecting which deck you want to use is all fine. The only issue is that it takes forever to look for opponents. The game just seems to be loading endlessly. 

When trying to load the versus mode. Selecting which deck you want to use is all fine. The only issue is that it takes forever to look for opponents. The game just seems to be loading endlessly. 

It can take a while to find an opponent sometimes, but this isn't really a bug. It's related more to to other factors, such as:

• Lag on your side.
  • Lag on the server's side.
  • Time and day. There are times during a day, particular late in the night and early in the morning (I'm thinking of time within the Americas, which is a max time differece of 5-10 hours, can't be bothered to look it up right now xd). Then there are also days of the week that have less people playing, like during the week. Then there are also special days of the year were there are less people logged on, like during certain festivities.
  • The queue you're playing in. I don't know which format is the most played one, but I would assume it to be either Standard or Expanded. It's possible that the other 2 are played less frequently, but that's just my guess so this point isn't necessarily true.
  • Your MMR. The matchmaker will give priority to finding players with a similar MMR to yours to match you together. I'm not sure how it is here, but in most online games the MMR spread of the playerbase isn't even. I always end up making reference to League of Legends since it's the only other online game I used to play for a long time, but I think it's a good example. The vast majority of the playerbase was either in Silver or Gold rank (i.e. the middle of the ladder; average players in every sense of the word), while there were very few players in either the bottom of Bronze or the top of Diamond (i.e. really, really terrible players and extremely good players). That means that the farther away your skill rating is from the average, there will be fewer and fewer players with a similar skill rating in the VS queue waiting to be matched. By consequence, it takes the matchmaker a longer time to find you a proper match.

Those are the factors I can think of right now. I hope that this is of help.

Hi V1shan!

Are you still experiencing this? It could have been a temporary issue or a problem with your connection to the server (in which case we would recommend checking your connection for stability, closing any background programs that could be interfering with your connection, and running an antivirus/malware scan).

This could also be related to an old known issue in which certain decks could cause disconnection if selected for play in Versus Mode. If you think this could be the case, I would recommend trying to re-make the deck and trying again. Let us know if that helps. :)

Thanks for your report and your patience!

Archived