New to Pokemon, looking for some advice.

SocksGod

I currently have a fire deck I'm building for myself to play against my daughter lol. She has a Trevenant/Psycic deck and she had a NineTales kicking around. So I took and started building around it. My question is, how many NineTales Ex would a guy need in his deck? I have 4 Stage 1 NineTales, but thought I'd kick it up a notch and get spirit links going. But not sure if adding more than 1 NineTales Ex is good or should I add 2?

Thanks in advance.

What's the goal here? Just family play? Playing on-line? Is this a serious investment or just kicking a few games around with the kids? 

Generally speaking it sounds like you would do well to buy some Theme Decks. I always recommend Dark Hammer and generally advise that Fighting is the easiest type of deck to play (assuming you get stuff like Korrina, Strong Energy, Fighting Stadium, etc.) 

For family fun, I'd say buy 2 Theme Decks, and then, honestly, if you can, play on-line on your own for at least a few weeks (maybe after the kids are in bed) to get a sense of what makes a good deck. Playing on-line doesn't cost you anything and you'll learn a lot. Then you'll have a better idea of how to build decks. There are no set answers.

Generally speaking though, in a deck you typically have a main attacker than you run 3 or 4 copies of, and possibly a support attacker, and possibly another support pokemon (like Octillery to draw cards or Aromatise to move energy around, etc.). Typically you run 3 or 4 of a main attacker and 2 copies of an important support pokemon and maybe 1 copy of a support pokemon that isn't critical (like maybe Manaphy-EX to give free retreat). 

Hey, welcome! :) There are alot of online resources for a new player that I'd suggest if you are interested in making decks. I will list them as followed. (Keep in mind, this isn't something you have to do, just a friendly hint to help you get going!)

[Content edited by Mod_Turtle: Only links to official Pokémon sites are allowed on the forums. Links to or recommendations to other sites are not allowed.]

As far as your deck is concerned, I don't really know the best solutions, or what you are really going for, but I'm sure with all these resources I've provided, you can find the answers you are looking for easily! :) I hope this helped and welcome to the community!

Archived