[COUNTER][QUESTION] How to deal with Nightmarch?

Tesagk

Thanks to the helpful advice of a number of community members, I've finally constructed a deck I can play and I enjoy. I feel a little guilty that the deck has item-lock in it, but I've mostly gotten over that.

The one problem I'm running into is Nightmarch. No matter what deck I've played, I consistently lose to this deck unless my opponent concedes because they don't like their hand.

I was just in a game and literally, a minute later, the guy was still on his turn 1. I quickly calculated how many Nightmarch cards he had his discard pile and realized that if, and only if, I got miraculously lucky with my draw, would my starting pokemon live past turn two. Even if that happened, it would surely die the following turn.

With only one basic pokemon in my first hand, I really didn't have options.

Looking for advice here, because I'm starting to get frustrated. Playing against Nightmarch shouldn't require having to start off the game with a beefy EX. =/

Here's my deck, imo:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 12

1 Furfrou BKP 95
1 Furfrou BKP 95
2 Trevenant BREAK BKP 66
4 Phantump BKP 64
2 Trevenant XY 55
2 Trevenant BKP 65

Trainer Cards - 33

2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
2 Evosoda GEN 62
1 Wally ROS 94
1 Lysandre FLF 90
1 Skyla BKP 122
1 Dimension Valley PHF 93
1 Jamming Net Team Flare Hyper Gear PHF 98
1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
1 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 94
1 Hard Charm XY 119
1 Teammates PRC 141
2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
1 Skyla BKT 148
2 Tierno KSS 39
2 Heavy Ball NXD 88
2 Weakness Policy PRC 142
3 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
2 Muscle Band XY 121
3 VS Seeker PHF 109
2 Energy Retrieval BLW 92
1 All-Night Party BKP 96

Energy - 15

7 Psychic Energy Energy 5
4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
4 Mystery Energy PHF 112

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Thanks to the helpful advice of a number of community members, I've finally constructed a deck I can play and I enjoy. I feel a little guilty that the deck has item-lock in it, but I've mostly gotten over that.

The one problem I'm running into is Nightmarch. No matter what deck I've played, I consistently lose to this deck unless my opponent concedes because they don't like their hand.

I was just in a game and literally, a minute later, the guy was still on his turn 1. I quickly calculated how many Nightmarch cards he had his discard pile and realized that if, and only if, I got miraculously lucky with my draw, would my starting pokemon live past turn two. Even if that happened, it would surely die the following turn.

With only one basic pokemon in my first hand, I really didn't have options.

Looking for advice here, because I'm starting to get frustrated. Playing against Nightmarch shouldn't require having to start off the game with a beefy EX. =/

Here's my deck, imo:

Pokémon - 12

1 Furfrou BKP 95
1 Furfrou BKP 95
2 Trevenant BREAK BKP 66
4 Phantump BKP 64
2 Trevenant XY 55
2 Trevenant BKP 65

Trainer Cards - 33

2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
2 Evosoda GEN 62
1 Wally ROS 94
1 Lysandre FLF 90
1 Skyla BKP 122
1 Hard Charm XY 119
1 Teammates PRC 141
2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
1 Skyla BKT 148
2 Tierno KSS 39
2 Heavy Ball NXD 88
2 Muscle Band XY 121
3 VS Seeker PHF 109
1 All-Night Party BKP 96

Energy - 15

4 Mystery Energy PHF 112

Total Cards - 60

I think your deck has too many 1s in the list. Also reduce number of energy.

Another thing, use 3-3 phantump/trevenant XY (item lock) with 2 trevenant break. You can beat night march easy.

Item lock, can stop them from using battle compressor and the only way they can discard is through sycamores. Also turn 1 trevenant item lock is considered very nice. And rest Trevenant break can be used to KO other pokemon of night march, only 3 damage. Thats an OHKO.

Remove your furfrou. Add Octillery if you don't have budget. (Octillery with abyssal hand). Keep 2 trevenant break, 3 trevenant (forest's curse - item lock). Also remove All night party.

Another suggestion is adding hammers (enhanced and crushing) since they can be used to disrupt the opponent. Adding the supporter Delinquent is also an effective options. Try to get wally on first turn through(battle compressor + vs seeker combo). All this will eventually help deal with night march and make deck more efficient.

Hope this helps :)

I think your deck has too many 1s in the list. Also reduce number of energy.

Another thing, use 3-3 phantump/trevenant XY (item lock) with 2 trevenant break. You can beat night march easy.

Item lock, can stop them from using battle compressor and the only way they can discard is through sycamores. Also turn 1 trevenant item lock is considered very nice. And rest Trevenant break can be used to KO other pokemon of night march, only 3 damage. Thats an OHKO.

Remove your furfrou. Add Octillery if you don't have budget. (Octillery with abyssal hand). Keep 2 trevenant break, 3 trevenant (forest's curse - item lock). Also remove All night party.

Another suggestion is adding hammers (enhanced and crushing) since they can be used to disrupt the opponent. Adding the supporter Delinquent is also an effective options. Try to get wally on first turn through(battle compressor + vs seeker combo). All this will eventually help deal with night march and make deck more efficient.

Hope this helps :)

It does, but I have followup questions.

I can do an Octillery, but only one.

I don't have enhanced or crushing hammers or a third trevenant XY, so I'll need to trade for those.

Questions:

+ Why no BREAKpoint Trevenant's? I find them incredibly useful against decks that pound out EXs on turn 1, though item-lock does help sometimes with that.

+ I put All Night party in specifically for decks that have "Goodnight, Babies" or Malamar-EX. Would you recommend anything to replace this issue?

I don't have enhanced or crushing hammers or a third trevenant XY, so I'll need to trade for those.

Questions:

+ Why no BREAKpoint Trevenant's? I find them incredibly useful against decks that pound out EXs on turn 1, though item-lock does help sometimes with that.

+ I put All Night party in specifically for decks that have "Goodnight, Babies" or Malamar-EX. Would you recommend anything to replace this issue?

I thought so, you put all night part for malamar EX. Apparently, I wanted you to add dimension valleys. This is because, you cannot counter every situation with 1 deck, we only have 60 cards, so making the full use of it by making up with your own pokemon's strength. I agree with that, but think of it, what will you do when your stadium is prized, quite possible, since you only have 1 stadium, plus you can't draw it that quickly with a bad hand. So its better to remove and add something thats not situational and help you most of the times. The other question about the breakpoint trevenant, the answer is, you are going to use trevanant break point and if you are making a lock deck, its essential to keep your opponent locked the whole time as hard as possible.

In your first post you mentioned about not getting pokemon. And to be honest, your deck is made to like counter most of the decks with 1 copy of counter which is very situation and most of the time doesn't add to your strength. Hence, your priority should be to enable your strategy and then think about counter cards. So enabling your strategy would be -

First turn wally, evolve to trevenant - impose item lock. Try as hard as you can. If no, well everyone gets bad hand, we will evolve second turn.

Second, maintaining item lock and setting up to attack and disrupt opponent to stop him from attacking. This can be done by attaching energy and placing dimension valley, to attack for less cost. With dimension valley, you can do 3 damage counters on each pokemon the opponent has, with only 1 energy. Disrupting can be done with deliquent (discard opponent's stadium) / red card/ crushing and enhanced hammers.

Third Maintaining the momentum and think of counter strategies, incase a miracle takes place for your opponent.

I hope you understand, hence you should remove trainers like All night party, hard charm etc and add more kind of draw power. Don't worry if you can't add some specefic cards of your choice. You have to compromise some cards for your deck to work consistently.

I hope this really helps you to understand. Also remove Double colourless energy, if you are going to play dimension valley, since you won't need it anymore :)

Hope it helps - go get those night marchers :D

nm nightmare is its items. block that and you won the game.

Pokémon - 12

2 Furfrou BKP 95
2 Trevenant BREAK BKP 66
4 Phantump BKP 64
4 Trevenant XY 55

Trainer Cards - 35

3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
2 Evosoda GEN 62
2 Wally ROS 94
1 Lysandre FLF 90
1 Skyla BKP 122
1 Hard Charm XY 119
1 Teammates PRC 141
2 Potion KSS 37
1 Skyla BKT 148
2 Tierno KSS 39
2 Heavy Ball BKT 140
3 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 159
2 Muscle Band XY 121
3 VS Seeker PHF 109
1 All-Night Party BKP 96

Energy - 13

2 Mystery Energy PHF 112

Total Cards - 60

here is my idea for the deck. i took the bp trev out and put 2 more since ur using 4. the item lock is the best way to go then the more energy cost. they can still attack if they use valley and you have one which also would counter that nervous seed ability.

so best bet would be to item lock then to make more energy cost. also i would use head ringer then jamming net for mew-ex.

if you have silent lab use them instead. mew is the main attacker most of the time. stop the abilities then boom its game over but the lad would be for more like toad/giratina decks not trev decks.

you could also replace the basic poke (colorless) with a poke that does 30 dmg for 1 energy that way u can atleast attack and kill off jolt with one hit til u can get trev ot. i would whether lose a low hp then a trev anyway.

Edited by Xensor

here is one with toad if you like: (expanded tho)

Pokémon - 14

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
4 Phantump BKP 64
4 Trevenant XY 55
4 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20

Trainer Cards - 36

1 Computer Search BCR 137
2 Wally ROS 94
3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
2 Lysandre FLF 90
3 N DEX 96
3 Dimension Valley PHF 93
1 AZ PHF 117
2 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
2 Xerosic PHF 110
2 Float Stone BKT 137
2 Max Elixir BKP 102
2 Switch BCR 135
2 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
4 Muscle Band XY 121
2 Shauna XY 127
3 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 10

6 Psychic Energy Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

i play expanded more tho so you dont have to use this as it is if you dont. nm decks hate this one real fast. it just doesnt lock, it can ohko most low hp poke they put out or 2 turn hit. toad/bats also work.

but i would use trev/lowhp basic poke or toad/trev against nm decks. also be a good counter: toad/giratina (tho i would not use mainly tho).

I posted my version of a Trevenant deck here: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/39554-gengar-ex-trevenant-breaklock-for-improvement/

Trevenant is actually one of the best decks to counter Night March. You can use both Trevenants for now if you can't get another of the XY ones. The Item Lock is better, but the other is still good, especially against Night March.

IMO Wobbuffet is the best partner for Trevenant. 

The ENTIRE key to Trevenant is getting turn 1 Item Lock. Getting that is like 80% of what it takes to win with the deck. So, as harshu said, the focus of any good Trevenant decks has to be draw cards that will let you find Wally, Phantump and/or Dimension Valley on turn 1.

In my deck I usually don't worry too much if I get a Wob start, because it still blocks Shaymins. I don't recommend Octillery for sure, because Octillery interferes with getting a turn 1 lock going. A lot of people use Shaymin, and that's fine, but I was getting Shaymin starts like 40% of the time it seemed so I got rid of Shyamin and put in 1 additional Wob and 2 additional Trainer's Mail instead.

I'd say that Shaymin is okay for the deck, but Octillery is bad.

You'll see in my deck it has only 1 Level Ball, and that's the only search ball in the whole deck. That's another advantage of getting rid of Shyamin. You don't need Ultra Balls to search for Shaymin anymore. My deck pretty much relies on Sycamore and Wally to get out pokemon. An Ultra Ball can't get you a turn 1 Trevenant if you aren't running Shaymin, so again, there is no reason to run it because everything is focused on turn 1 Trevenant. 

With the way I've got it, even with a Wob start if you get Mystery Energy you can still attach to Wob and retreat into Phantump if you have Dimension Valley to use Ascension on turn 1 if you go second. Also I have the Switch and Escape Rope if I start with Wob and really want to try for turn 1 Trevenant as well. 

I have Skyla and Level Ball for the situations where you can see they will be able to 1 shot you on turn 1 or turn 2, even if you evolve. In that case, instead of looking for Wally to evolve into Trevenant, I look for Skyla to get the Level Ball to get another pokemon onto the bench if I don't have one.

Edited by rgp151

Questions:

I can trade you Hammers for cheap if you don't already have them, I have about 6 spare Enhanced Hammer that I don't really care about, and I may have a couple Crushin Hammers. Add me in-game if you need them, and if you don't, then no problem.

IGN: seminc

I can trade you Hammers for cheap if you don't already have them, I have about 6 spare Enhanced Hammer that I don't really care about, and I may have a couple Crushin Hammers. Add me in-game if you need them, and if you don't, then no problem.

IGN: seminc

Where there is a will, there is a way. God just descended to send the guru to needy.

All Hail the Guru !

I'd say that Shaymin is okay for the deck, but Octillery is bad.

I said octillery, because he might not be able to get shaymin :mellow:

Edited by harshu

I said octillery, because he might not be able to get shaymin :mellow:

Yeah, but that's 4 cards to clog up your hand that don't help you get turn 1 Trevenant :) 

I think 4 Trainer's Mail is really good. When I was using Shaymin I had 2 Trainer's Mail, 2 Shaymin, and 4 Ultra Balls. But I found that on average when I used turn 1 Shaymin I was pulling only 4 cards and about 90% of the time what I needed was a trainer so taking out 2 Shaymin and putting in 2 more Trainer;s Mail only made sense. 

You could argue for both, but 2 Shaymin, 4 Ultra Ball, and 4 Trainer's Mail is a lot of cards. By getting rid of Shaymin I dropped 6 cards by also getting rid of the Ultra Balls.

Yeah, but that's 4 cards to clog up your hand that don't help you get turn 1 Trevenant :)

I think 4 Trainer's Mail is really good. When I was using Shaymin I had 2 Trainer's Mail, 2 Shaymin, and 4 Ultra Balls. But I found that on average when I used turn 1 Shaymin I was pulling only 4 cards and about 90% of the time what I needed was a trainer so taking out 2 Shaymin and putting in 2 more Trainer;s Mail only made sense. 

You could argue for both, but 2 Shaymin, 4 Ultra Ball, and 4 Trainer's Mail is a lot of cards. By getting rid of Shaymin I dropped 6 cards by also getting rid of the Ultra Balls.

Ofcourse I understand, that trevenant deck can be made super good, but we must look at the OP's collection :( he is new :( Won't have shaymins :( So i said octillery ! Atleast he will get draws in the late stage of game. And as such, he won't be able to evolve first turn wally, without having wally in his hand or using battle compressor + vs seeker combo. So how will octillery interfere ! (talking only about this situation, shaymin is better in trevenant accepted ! - overall )

The reason I think you are better off without Octillery in a Trevenat deck (even if you don't use Shaymin) that is Trevenant is all about turn 1. If you run Octillery then that's going to be a 2X2 line, so that's 4 cards that have zero ability to help you get turn 1 Trevenant.

If you draw into any of those cards in your opening hand then that's just cards that are getting in your way of getting out Trevenant. The only other thing important to do on turn 1 is put on a Bursting Balloon, especially against Night March. 

So basically, since Octillery cards aren't useful on turn 1 and Trevneant is all about turn 1, I think they are bad, because you want to draw into cards that will help you on turn 1 only. Having those cards in the deck reduces the chance that you'll be able to get Trevenant out on turn 1.

In addition, if you run Octillery then you'll probably want to also run at least 2, if not 4 Level Balls. So now you are talking about potentially 8 cards that aren't going to help you get Trevenant on turn 1.

The reason I think you are better off without Octillery in a Trevenat deck (even if you don't use Shaymin) that is Trevenant is all about turn 1. If you run Octillery then that's going to be a 2X2 line, so that's 4 cards that have zero ability to help you get turn 1 Trevenant.

If you draw into any of those cards in your opening hand then that's just cards that are getting in your way of getting out Trevenant. The only other thing important to do on turn 1 is put on a Bursting Balloon, especially against Night March. 

So basically, since Octillery cards aren't useful on turn 1 and Trevneant is all about turn 1, I think they are bad, because you want to draw into cards that will help you on turn 1 only. Having those cards in the deck reduces the chance that you'll be able to get Trevenant out on turn 1.

In addition, if you run Octillery then you'll probably want to also run at least 2, if not 4 Level Balls. So now you are talking about potentially 8 cards that aren't going to help you get Trevenant on turn 1.

That is pretty much the truth. But as I said, in this situation, drawing cards is also important. Apparently, if turn 1 item lock is there, then the other part, is you won't be able to draw and be lost in dead hands. To be honest, I think we need to figure a more efficient way to draw and evolve which can probably be done with shaymin maybe. But well guess it was fun to think about :D

Replying without having analyzed all the previous answers, just a fast look: no Furfrous, there no spots for 80HP pokémon without abilities hitting just 30 and relying on coins, in the meta.

Focus on 4 Trevenant XY. Or 3 XY and 1 BPo but at the very end, the item lock is too much better than slowing an opponent just 1 turn; and add at least 3 Wally. Objective is Item Lock turn 1 with Wally = good bye N March. Although sometimes they Hex Maniac and try, but you can be at Turn 3 (your second) hitting with the BREAK for just 1 energy so Joltiks good and if the active is Pumpkaboo good bye too.

If you go second then just attack with Phantump to the Item lock and get the bench ready for if he KO the active.

Techs is Shaymin EX. Shaymin is useful since turn one and you cannot Wally twice in 1st turn for Stage 1 Octillery too so...

Also, you can use Wobbuffet as partner. If you don't start with a Phantump maybe you start with Wobuffet. Is not the same as item lock, but blocking abilities is not bad neither. not the worst you can do to a Night March but still useful.

Talking about stadiums, I like the All night party. But at the end you can't counter every deck out there so you need to think if you want to attack or you want to disrupt.

If attack, you need the stadium that helps you (Dimension Valley). Trevenant BREAK 1 energy and the Stage 1 with 2. This means while you item lock the opponent, you can attack 1 turn in advance than without the stadium. Facing dark decks you are in weakness so still quite hard to survive to 1 hit EXs. At the end worth more to be ready sooner.

And if you want to disrupt add hammers, Paint roller maybe, Red card, Delinquent, Xerosic and TF Grunt.

But if you want attack don't add none of that, or just a pair ot Enhanced Hammers if space enough.

A standard trainer meta line for this kind of deck could be like

3 to 4 Sycamore

4 Trainers Mail

3 to 4 Wally

4 Vs Seeker

3 UB

2 Lysandre

1 Super Rod

1 Startling Megaphone

1 Xerosic

2 or 3 Battle Compressor

If ShayminEX 1 AZ.

4 Dimension Valley, or 3 of this and one All night party stadium useful against your weakness and to disrupt another psy decks if needed.

And 10 energies. Up to 12 as much if you suffer finding them. If Dimension Valley no need of DCE for your version of this deck (DCE is a must with Gengar EX) and Wobb can attack with 1 energy too.

I've been playing Gengar EX-Trevenant but when I get the N (still like 600 points away OMG) I'm going to make the change to Wobb in my deck because I really do like that Trevenant.

Well, not fast at the end but I hope something I said is useful.

in expanded format, use safeguard. its a good blocker to against mews. specially if its with trevenant deck. see mew-ex cant attack safeguards.

as one found out trying to use mew-ex as main attacker and only having 2 poke with night march on the bench. it was easy to ko em left and right with a 90 hp psychic poke.

toad is also a good blocker on em. they may get the upper hand sometimes but won't really win to well with toad. specially if its mixed with trevenant and trev is first and u get wally. well gameover for em. even if they would to lsyande toad out. u can continure to decline there ability to use items.

So, this is the current iteration of the deck.

Pokémon - 9

2 Trevenant BREAK BKP 66
4 Phantump BKP 64
3 Trevenant XY 55

Trainer Cards - 40

3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
3 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
2 Evosoda GEN 62
3 Wally ROS 94
1 Lysandre FLF 90
1 Skyla BKP 122
2 Dimension Valley PHF 93
2 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 94
2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
3 Skyla BKT 148
2 Tierno KSS 39
2 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
2 Professor's Letter BKT 146

Energy - 11

8 Psychic Energy Energy 5
3 Mystery Energy PHF 112

Total Cards - 60

Also, what's Safeguard?

Not bad, but with only 4 basics you'll be getting a lot of re-draws. To address that you could either A) put in like 3 Red Cards or B) put in 3 or 4 Wobbufett.

So, this is the current iteration of the deck.

Pokémon - 9

2 Trevenant BREAK BKP 66
4 Phantump BKP 64
3 Trevenant XY 55

Trainer Cards - 40

3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
3 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
2 Evosoda GEN 62
3 Wally ROS 94
1 Lysandre FLF 90
1 Skyla BKP 122
2 Dimension Valley PHF 93
2 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 94
2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
3 Skyla BKT 148
2 Tierno KSS 39
2 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
2 Professor's Letter BKT 146

Energy - 11

8 Psychic Energy Energy 5
3 Mystery Energy PHF 112

Total Cards - 60

Also, what's Safeguard?

Firstly let me answer the question.

Safeguard is the ability of --> Sigilyph and Suicune which says --> Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage done to this pokemon, by Pokemon-EX.

Another thing, the changes I suggest -->

-2 Fan club

-3 skyla

-2 weakness policy

+1 crushing hammer

+2 Enhanced hammer

+ 3 sycamore

+1 brigette.

Also I agree with rgp, just running 4 basics isn't really good. You must add 3-4 wobbuffets. and if you are gonna run wobbuffets, then we will run red cards and supporter named deliquent. That will make your deck super good then it is right now.

Hope you keep winning with the deck :D Go get them all !

Edited by harshu

Firstly let me answer the question.

Safeguard is the ability of --> Sigilyph and Suicune which says --> Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage done to this pokemon, by Pokemon-EX.

Another thing, the changes I suggest -->

-2 Fan club

-3 skyla

-2 weakness policy

+1 crushing hammer

+2 Enhanced hammer

+ 3 sycamore

+1 brigette.

Also I agree with rgp, just running 4 basics isn't really good. You must add 3-4 wobbuffets. and if you are gonna run wobbuffets, then we will run red cards and supporter named deliquent. That will make your deck super good then it is right now.

Hope you keep winning with the deck :D Go get them all !

yes that is correct with safeguard but that is for expanded formats as most of the nm decks in expanded uses mew. meaning it can't attack.

also using garb or trev also helps with item locks.

People often also consider stuff like Regice, Jolteon-EX, Pyroar, Beutifly, etc. to be types of Safeguard pokemon. Sigilyph and Suicune explicitly use the word Safeguard in the ability, the other mentioned pokemon have comparable types of effects.

So. Going back through things I missed.

I'm definitely running into a problem with not having enough basics. I do have Wobuffets, the one with the ability that blocks other abilities.

Red cards are something I'll have to trade for, though I'm more than willing to do that.

The other problem is that any decks with a lot of EX pokemon seem to be able to outsustain the Trev assault. I can't consistently get two Trev-BREAKS and a third Trev onto the board. 

I definitely have a lot to consider.

Seems to be drawing problems. I suppose you're still not running the Shaymin EX. But I don't see in your list any Ultra ball. No ultra ball = no party.

So with 2 or 3 Wobb's and 4-3-3 Trevenant try with

3 or 4 Wally

4 VS seeker

4 Trainers mail

3 Battle compressor (2 later?)

4 Sycamore

4 Ultra ball

you should be able to start with a Phantump and item lock turn 1 in high chances unless you start with Wobb so retreat with Special energy or add a pair of Switch in the deck. If you start second use the attack to item lock and try to evolve (Wally) a benched Phantump. That means two Trevenant turn #2.

The evosoda you have will help you get the BREAK turn #3/#4 although I don't run it. The most common play is Vs Seeker the previous Wally and evolve it.

Get rid of Tierno and Poke Center Lady. And if space problems maybe that flip coin hammers doesn't worth at all. Also too much Skyla. What you are going to use more is Wally 1st turns and Sycamore after (Or Birch but run 4 to try). I would change the Weakness policies for Muscle band maybe (as FFB would only work for the Wobb's).

When a deck doesn't work to me, I go to 4 of all the basic and after a few games I go to 3 of what I didn't used to add what I have needed in some moment.

If you add the Ultraballs you will be able to get your pokémon very easy.

^_^

Yeah, Shaymin's have been a no-go for me. I've tried offering trades for them, but no one is biting. Honestly not sure what's considered "Fair value" for them since I offered 2-3 ultra rares with a couple of rares as well.

With the current set up, I haven't had issues getting Trev on T1-2 and BREAK on 2-3. But, of course, I do run into games where I cycle through 7+ hands. Introducing the Wobuffet should help with that, but I am finding that there are trainer cards that I simply don't get much use out of.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, Shaymin's have been a no-go for me. I've tried offering trades for them, but no one is biting. Honestly not sure what's considered "Fair value" for them since I offered 2-3 ultra rares with a couple of rares as well.

With the current set up, I haven't had issues getting Trev on T1-2 and BREAK on 2-3. But, of course, I do run into games where I cycle through 7+ hands. Introducing the Wobuffet should help with that, but I am finding that there are trainer cards that I simply don't get much use out of.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, shaymin is around 15-16 packs worth ! Too expensive. I say stop worrying about shaymin, make your deck best without shaymin ! Finish ladder and daily challenges and if possible finish trainer challenge ! (You might pull a shaymin from those 45 packs !!) Also, after you make your deck very consistent without shaymin, just go to tournaments and try to win as much as you can. Packs will be nice, save them and trade for shaymin, I am telling you will be very happy with shaymins (You can fit them in any deck :) )

Wish you luck, may you pull a shaymin soon :D