Is there a consistent deck list of M-Sceptile ex?

zeniswrong

Sorry for the question, Im looking on the internet and can't really find a good deck list performing M-Sceptile EX.

Anyone knows any?

Help would be really appreciated.

Thanks community.

Seems is returning Sceptile EX - Ariados deck. Maybe because Greninja's out there to hit for weakness? I don't know but I'm seeing quite much of that decks out there. My lists are since the Ancient Origins set because I didn't updated that decks but maybe a good skeleton list anyway.

Answering a little bit more, there are many options.

My 1st one was M Sceptile EX/Ariados with Lugia EX (seemed to be so good but I don't think so now). Not the best list.

I made a second version of the deck including M Sceptile EX/Ariados with Shaymin EX, and that's all. Or you can retain 1 Lugia here but...

Other lists include the Stage 2 (PrC) Sceptile (with the ability) but not the Mega. Not the most powerful.

A possibility with the Stage 2 Victreebel is also out there. Double possibility to special conditions. The mega is in in this one to recover the Victreebel discarded energies.

Do you know the Fairies? Floette Stage 1 adds +20HP to each of your Grass Pokémon per copy you play. Two where used usually so up to +40HP (Mega Sceptile with 260HP... sounds quite right, still more with that Herbal energies). FlorgesEX could be added as a back up attacker.

Also most of the decks Ancient Origins time included Unown for extra draw. and I've seen Trevenant EX as back up attacker too (110 damage and can be set up with the Mega).

Thoughts on Ancient Origins Virizion, a very good support.

So mainly a Skeleton where you can add some more things should be:

14 to 17 Pokémon

2-2 or 3-3 (or 3-2?) Ariados line

2-2 or 3-3 or 3-2 M Sceptile.

2 or 3 Virizion (AOr)

2x Shaymin EX

Trainers depend on everyone but, for a Standard build you should increase up to 33 more or less depending of exact the number of energies and pokémon chosen)

4 Sycamore

4 VS Seeker

2 Lysandre

2 Hex Maniac

4 UB

4 Trainers mail

1 Super rod

1 Judge

1 Xerosic

2-3 Spirit link

3 or 4 Forest of giant plants (or 3 + 1 of another different stadium maybe)

10 to 12 energies more or less

Nice additions to this deck could be 2 Battle compressor, 1 AZ if you run ShayminEX,

Hope this works good enough at least to get some wins and of course having fun playing the deck.

There is no standard deck for Mega Sceptile. IMO, Mega Sceptile is just not that good. Hitting for 100 is bad. If he hit for at least 110 it would be a lot better. 

I played Mega Sceptile a lot of different ways. None of them were too great. 

Here are the basic different ways that I played him:

1) Speed Mega Sceptile: The goal is turn 1 Mega Evolution and attack, kind of like Mega Rayquaza, except you can only hit for 100. For this basically you want to run mostly 3 and 4 of everything. I used Buffalont (Derail) and Lugia-EX as my backup attackers. I ran 4 Sceptile, 3 Mega Sceptile, 3 Lugia-EX, 1 Buffalont (get's rid of special energy). I used 3 or 4 Mega Turbos, and basic stuff for quickly getting out Mega Sceptile.

2) Super Scoop-up Mega Sceptile. Because of Forest of Giant Plants, you can pickup Mega Sceptile and put him right back down again in a single turn. This deck uses that to its advantage. You run basically 4 X 3 Mega Sceptile along with preferably 2 or 3 Shaymins, and like 2 Foretress. You run 4 Super Scoop-ups, which you can use to Scoop up Mega Sceptile when he is injured, Shaymin when its useful, and Foretress to re-use his ability. I think running 1 AZ is good too. Both Shaymin and Foretress can attack for 2 Colorless, which can be attached via Mega Sceptile. The big advantage of Foretress is that he can OHKO Regice, but unfortunately he's also weak to Fire. This is actually a pretty fun deck. The little bit of extra damage that Foretress' ability provides is actually useful and allows Mega Sceptile to 2 hit a lot of stuff he would otherwise need to 3 hit.

3) Mega Scepile/Sceptile: This is the most common and IMO, boring, version. This is basically 4X3 or 4X2 Mega Sceptile, with 2X2 Ariados and then also maybe 2 Verizion. You typically try to Mega Evolve quickly to help setup an army of Sceptiles on the bench and use Sceptile as your main attacker. You can go with either Forest of Giant Plants or Shrine of Memories to be able to hit harder with Mega Sceptile. 

There's no standard for it, because it is not all too great :/ It can be great circumstantially, but not usually, yes 100 damage though is not great, but people tend to forget the secondary effect of attaching energy and healing all damage. I had a deck paired with this, and fighting, with focus sash, when it got down to 10 HP, switch, use jagged saber and bam instant heal and more energy to use. I feel like this may be good with multiple ones on the field, shrine of memories, and ariados. 

There's no standard for it, because it is not all too great :/ It can be great circumstantially, but not usually, yes 100 damage though is not great, but people tend to forget the secondary effect of attaching energy and healing all damage. I had a deck paired with this, and fighting, with focus sash, when it got down to 10 HP, switch, use jagged saber and bam instant heal and more energy to use. I feel like this may be good with multiple ones on the field, shrine of memories, and ariados. 

The problem is that it's not easy to effectively run all of that in one deck. Besides Sceptile, Ariados, and Forest of Giant Plants (if you plan to use it), you've got to run M-Sceptile, Shrine of Memories, Fighting pokemon, Grass AND Fighting energies, Focus Sash, maybe Fighting Stadium...

Thinning the deck down and focusing on JUST Sceptile or JUST M-Sceptile makes the deck run a lot smoother. And Sceptile is just better than his Mega.

I had this problem recently with a Darkrai-EX deck. He relies on either Hypno or Malamar. I decided why not use both? And I wanted a Zoroark BREAK in there too.

But running Darkrai-EX with Hypno, All-Night Party, Sparkling Robe (in case the stadium gets taken down), Malamar-EX, Energy Switch (to use Malamar's ability then shuffle that energy onto Darkrai to attack), Muscle Band (so he can OHKO EXes), was waaaay too much. So I took out the Malamar stuff. Now the deck runs pretty well.

For my Sceptile/Ariados deck I did run 1 M-Sceptile and 1 Trevenant-EX since they seemed to synergize, but I really never used it and regular Sceptile-EX was always the MVP.

The problem is that it's not easy to effectively run all of that in one deck. Besides Sceptile, Ariados, and Forest of Giant Plants (if you plan to use it), you've got to run M-Sceptile, Shrine of Memories, Fighting pokemon, Grass AND Fighting energies, Focus Sash, maybe Fighting Stadium...

Thinning the deck down and focusing on JUST Sceptile or JUST M-Sceptile makes the deck run a lot smoother. And Sceptile is just better than his Mega.

I had this problem recently with a Darkrai-EX deck. He relies on either Hypno or Malamar. I decided why not use both? And I wanted a Zoroark BREAK in there too.

But running Darkrai-EX with Hypno, All-Night Party, Sparkling Robe (in case the stadium gets taken down), Malamar-EX, Energy Switch (to use Malamar's ability then shuffle that energy onto Darkrai to attack), Muscle Band (so he can OHKO EXes), was waaaay too much. So I took out the Malamar stuff. Now the deck runs pretty well.

My bad, was just giving one of my examples XD I agree that the m sceptile would run a lot better with just m sceptile, ariados, and maybe some non-ex to help, but mainly focus on the healing

Archived