Versus Rewards ladder points are ridiculous!

chaser595

i started playing ptcgo back in september, at that point in time there was Archie's Ace in the Hole full art as the best card a person could get for victories. As i new player i had a difficult time obtaining cards so theme versus as well as the trainer challenge is where i went and i grinded for a long time. Eventually i did get Archie's ace in the hole full art the ladder points weren't extremely hard to get for most people who had good cards but it was a challenge for me at the time. then versus ladder reward was pokemon center full art the ladder was upped to 1000 at that point at that point i had less a challenge getting that card i invested a lot of time in the game though. Then i remember the day the rewards were switched to 2000 for a full art card. for someone who grinded and played a lot i thought ok i can do this. the first time around i was able to do it but as i said i invested a lot of time in the game. Anymore the 2000 is an extremely hard goal to reach for me i have 37% of all cards in my collection so a good amount to play with a variety of decks in all formats. So pokemon if you are listening this is getting out of hand. here is why, i am a college student i go to class study active in clubs not working currently will be i don't have the time to do get the reward. There's a time limit of 20 days to achieve this challenge this requires 10 wins a day plus there is a daily challenge which i often due. i don't play everyday now there's weekends when i am doing things i am too busy studying and such this means that now since i missed a day i have to win 20 to be on schedule some other days i would rather be doing other things. The problem with all this tcg games have slowed down its taken up to 2 hrs just to get 10 wins between wins and losses. The game is promoting people to have to play and play and grind harder. if it was hard for me when i first began it will be near impossible for new players to get the versus rewards. People have a life and do other things. That is why i am asking pokemon tcg to consider lowering the ladder points for versus rewards down. i'm at 710 now i have a test tuesday and another wednesday. i wont be able to get any further on the ladder. i have not been able to get to 2000 since the first time i did it i would have loved the N full art a card i did not have i missed out on ghetsis and xerosic and wally. 

This post could do with a bit of formatting, but the point is not lost on me.

Even decreasing the ladder to 1500 points would be significant enough to make me try to complete it (not that I didn't, with FA N as the grand prize).

Especially with Shiftry (the Holy Grail of all grinding Decks) leaving forever, I hope the points are scaled back, as reaching 2000 (even with cancerous Decks like NM and Quen) is way too much.

Bottom line, I agree with OP and would love to see the ladder become more friendly to carbon-based life forms

Apparently, I agree to the OP. Its not easy for players who got stuff to do to complete the ladder so easily. Graphics have made game much longer than usual. On top 10 wins a day, come on, no fair :( We don't want to play the game 24 hours ! Apparently, this issue was discussed, soon after VS Ladder was promoted to 2000 points for the final prize, and few players said, than the ladder isn't for you, its only for "Active players". But to be honest, thats not fair. Just like how leader boards don't provide true picture of a player with strength and skills, due to the one who plays more, wins more and gets more, so is the case with VS ladder at the moment. But they should atleast make is enough, so all of us can still play/enjoy the game and yet earn those rewards. The 2000 points thing is making ladder and VS mode a stressed out field of play, without much enjoyment, and just the hunger of completing it amongst most of the players. After all who wants to miss out on free stuff ?

i hope they take it into consideration and lessen the amount of points needed.

I agree. With just days remaining I'm only at 1000-ish points and I can only grind using theme decks. And we know how frustrating they can be. Hey I have a life......

I don't plan to get FA N at all. I knew I won't make it.

Hmm, I would like to see a 1500 point ladder as well, but until that happens (if it happens, that is) you have to keep in mind that you do not need to complete the ladder, and that the ladder was probably not meant to be completable for everyone.

If you are aiming to collect 1 of each card (bar the FA Supporter), you just need to get to 410 points. If you want to obtain both pokemon EX, you're done at 690 points.

Most of the times the FA supporter is not worth the grind, so I stop at either 690, or if Im really broke and have the extra free time, up tp 1400. Cards like FA N are an exception. This time I grinded those 2000 points because I wanted that cards really bad, but also because I was just comming back from vacations so I had less work from college. I can guarantee you that I wont be able to get past 1000 points in the next ladder.

What I'm trying to say in an admitedly roundabout way in that, yes, we do need shorter ladders, but you must remember at all times that this is something you do for fun. There's nothing forcing you to grind the ladder and you shoul not, under any circumstances, feel compelled to complete it every time, or you yourself will end up turning a hobby into a tedius, repetitive task, when it does not need to be one.

My suggetion to you as a fellow college student with limited free time (and before anyone brings it up, I spend way more time in the forums than in the actual game, so how often you see me here isn't representative of how much time I can play xd) is that you take it easy and enjoy VS. Just play with your fun decks with no intention of stacking points. By the end of the 20 day cycle you will have hit the 690 point mark naturally, at which pointt you're only missing out on a few extra things and the FA suporter (which only has a cosmetic and/or collection value, and more often than not it can be purchased for 2-4 packs anyways [once again, FA N is an exception to this]).

Hmm, I would like to see a 1500 point ladder as well, but until that happens (if it happens, that is) you have to keep in mind that you do not need to complete the ladder, and that the ladder was probably not meant to be completable for everyone.

If you are aiming to collect 1 of each card (bar the FA Supporter), you just need to get to 410 points. If you want to obtain both pokemon EX, you're done at 690 points.

Most of the times the FA supporter is not worth the grind, so I stop at either 690, or if Im really broke and have the extra free time, up tp 1400. Cards like FA N are an exception. This time I grinded those 2000 points because I wanted that cards really bad, but also because I was just comming back from vacations so I had less work from college. I can guarantee you that I wont be able to get past 1000 points in the next ladder.

What I'm trying to say in an admitedly roundabout way in that, yes, we do need shorter ladders, but you must remember at all times that this is something you do for fun. There's nothing forcing you to grind the ladder and you shoul not, under any circumstances, feel compelled to complete it every time, or you yourself will end up turning a hobby into a tedius, repetitive task, when it does not need to be one.

My suggetion to you as a fellow college student with limited free time (and before anyone brings it up, I spend way more time in the forums than in the actual game, so how often you see me here isn't representative of how much time I can play xd) is that you take it easy and enjoy VS. Just play with your fun decks with no intention of stacking points. By the end of the 20 day cycle you will have hit the 690 point mark naturally, at which pointt you're only missing out on a few extra things and the FA suporter (which only has a cosmetic and/or collection value, and more often than not it can be purchased for 2-4 packs anyways [once again, FA N is an exception to this]).

I agree that the ladder is optional, but playing matches in VS Mode is losing its charm, due to the large amount of people aggressively grinding. Most people I am matched against in VS are very hostile, and try to win as fast as they can, usually by heckling me or trying to make me lose my concentration.

I am in favor of a shorter ladder, not just because it would be easier to complete, but because it would make the game so much less hostile.

While I usually finish the ladder within the first few days(yes I have no life lol) this isn't as easy for everyone who has work and/or studies and I think everyone should be able to get that FA N like I mean come on, FA N! So yes, dropping to 1500 or less would be nice. :)

While I usually finish the ladder within the first few days(yes I have no life lol) this isn't as easy for everyone who has work and/or studies and I think everyone should be able to get that FA N like I mean come on, FA N! So yes, dropping to 1500 or less would be nice. :)

Thanks for your support Chickenman....

And, who says you don't have a life? TCGO is your life.

Hi all,

Thank you for feedback as always!

Alex responded to a similar thread on Reddit a while back with the following:

"I understand your feelings. We hear you and get where you are coming from. I want to chime in and say that we do care, very much. That's why we post here, why we maintain our forums, track support issues that come in through tickets and why we have recently added our new dedicated community guy, Mike.

I have the great joy of working with an excellent team who are working very hard to improve and expand the game. As a game industry veteran of over 15 years, I can say with confidence that we have a good, hard working, experienced crew.

We have a lot more plans for 2016 and beyond and I appreciate all of you who choose to spend some of your leisure time playing our game.

At a high level, the Pokemon TCG Online is in a great, growing place right now. Our player numbers and performance metrics are some of the best we've had. Are there areas for improvement - resoundingly yes. We certainly have more work to do. Will we get everything right the first time? No, we're human too, but we're working darn hard at it.

To touch on the Versus Ladder, I recall the days when most of your bonuses were tied up in only the Versus Winner's Wheel. Since then, we've introduced Daily Challenges with great rewards, tuned up the daily login, run regular Special Challenges and brought on on-demand Tournaments. As for the Versus Ladder itself, if you only play to 690 points, you net yourself: 2X EX cards, 450 Trainer Tokens, 5 uncommon chests, a current set booster pack, 5 Tournament Tickets and 3 different evo chains. That's a lot of free stuff for around 3 wins a day.

I know, at the end of the day, we won't make everyone happy. Honestly, if we could make everyone happy, we should be in politics, not gaming ;) I do appreciate the constructive feedback we receive and I also really appreciate you for choosing to spend some of your fun time with us and in the Pokémon TCG Online."

I want to add that we recognize that there is a large range of players in our game from casual to hard core and from beginner to skilled and that we want to be able to offer play opportunities and rewards for players of all types.  As Alex mentioned, one can earn the majority of the rewards on the versus ladder fairly easily and we make sure that the most desired prizes (like the EX cards) are lower down so that the majority of our players can potentially earn them.  And while some of the higher level rewards might not be easily achievable by all players, the opportunity to trade for desired items is part of the game as well.

With all of that said, we are always working in expanding and improving the game and very much appreciate hearing your feedback.

Thanks! 

where are these casual players?

and speaking of the ladder.. and the verses winner wheel, the limited stuff in shop is getting more expensive, actually getting money to buy stuff is harder due to the wheel constantly giving tournament tickets.

the effect the long ladder is having is just causing frustration, and yes we have all these dailies etc, but those delay the ladder EVEN MORE, 2 expansions ago it was easy to grind ladder and have time for a tourney or 2

look mike i understand that the team working on ptcgo is working hard and trying to make improvements i can see that, but your comment, even though you say at the top you guys care, does not make it sound like you are listening. Every person who has commented on this thread has posted that they would like to the ladder points drop. i did get some great stuff, by the way just by reaching 690 but trying to get up the ladder is a pain as many have stated and it is making the game frustrating and stale (less fun in other words) because many are just trying to grind so as a result we get forfeits instead of playing a game out, more of one deck such as night march, vespiqueen, etc. Many also don't have time, while your argument about trading is part of the game to is not fair for new players. Take for instance N which was set at 2000. This is a fantastic grand prize! people are going to grind for this as we have seen. then there's rewards such as full art xerosic its good but it is worth less. What i am trying to get at is if you are offering prizes like N and people aren't able to get it they aren't going to be able to trade for it either because it takes off an arm and a leg just to get. my FA professor birch i have i've seen wanted and i could get 25 packs of cards that is ridiculous! if beginning players are trying to get a collection they wont be trading starting off they will be collecting. i would also argue that because of the ladder there isn't the large range of players from casual to hardcore. i think you should take everyone's opinion here into consideration when doing your next update because i can guarantee that there is very few who would disagree that the ladder points are way too high as of now and its making the game progressively go downhill a bit. 

honestly he haves one thing that must change... seriously... winning a game in tournament mode need to give point in the ladder.. 

because without shiftry, we will have to make a choice.. it almost impossible to play tournament and versus and get 2000 at the ladder.. we will have to choose.. play versus and tournament but not getting 2000.. or only play versus and get 2000..

it would be nice if they did drop it down some. even with  a good competive deck it still can be hard to get those points. cause half the time the match takes like 10 mins to play due to animations or opponent trying to stall so bad that they dont realize that old bug dont' work no more ( won't believe how many i get that tries that bug still). but i beaten it but still even with a good deck i had a challenge ahead of me. i gotten the ladder done within a week but still, 2000 points can be hard on the newer guys. or if anything make it where if you use theme decks and are new and have no competive cards then they should get lower points vs the ones who has good decks that could easily get them the 2000 points easily.

i half the time just mostly try for the 5x packs after that if i get the fa its oh well. this time well, as gonzo said. fa N. who doesn't want that card. I use it every deck i have. If i got that or the non fa in my hand. i use the fa lol.

i want another fa n to be honest but i never will get it :(.

honestly he haves one thing that must change... seriously... winning a game in tournament mode need to give point in the ladder.. 

because without shiftry, we will have to make a choice.. it almost impossible to play tournament and versus and get 2000 at the ladder.. we will have to choose.. play versus and tournament but not getting 2000.. or only play versus and get 2000..

A great idea, but think of it. Okay, now some players play tournaments on top of vs ladder. But the main problem is, people don't have enough time to complete ladder, how will they play tournaments.

For the moment I feel dropping the ladder points should be best solution. This will be enough, so that all of us can get all the rewards and be satisfied, that we are not missing something because of our IRL work in the game, where we come to enjoy.

We have ongoing conversations about the various reward opportunities available in the game including the Versus Rewards ladder.  We understand that you are asking about reducing the ladder and will include your feedback in the ongoing analysis and review.

Thank you! 

We have ongoing conversations about the various reward opportunities available in the game including the Versus Rewards ladder.  We understand that you are asking about reducing the ladder and will include your feedback in the ongoing analysis and review.

Thank you!

Thank you, Mike!

We aren't looking for instantaneous results, (or at least I am not). Its enough for me that you all are including our feedback in your conversations.

Best of luck,

seminc

Hopefully with Shiftry rotating from ladder play in the not too distant future we will see the ladder requirement total dropped (maybe to 1500) as I think time constraints would make it very difficult for me and many others to finish without using either a Shiftry deck/ Shiftry counter deck for at least some of the time; unless the player had lots of time to play which I don't really anymore. 

Hopefully with Shiftry rotating from ladder play in the not too distant future we will see the ladder requirement total dropped (maybe to 1500) as I think time constraints would make it very difficult for me and many others to finish without using either a Shiftry deck/ Shiftry counter deck for at least some the time, unless the player had lots of time to play which I don't really anymore.

very true. As it is I may have to resort to a Forretress/Latidonk deck to grind the ladder.

I have had 2-3 days of terrible luck and are now 400 behind..

this is frustrating, especially as I put extra time to catch up..

I have had 2-3 days of terrible luck and are now 400 behind..

this is frustrating, especially as I put extra time to catch up..

You think you are bad off, I am 1000+ points behind (despite running Shiftry). Did you know that with 4 Unown, 2 Shaymin, and 4 seedot, your chance of starting with an Unown is approximately 85%? I didn't know that either xD.

You think you are bad off, I am 1000+ points behind (despite running Shiftry). Did you know that with 4 Unown, 2 Shaymin, and 4 seedot, your chance of starting with an Unown is approximately 85%? I didn't know that either xD.

You should start running these be decks that are suprisingly good, I play shiftry and it brought me down to my knees countless times. I attempted beating one, lasted 40 minutes and i was 1 prize away from victory, didnt win sadley but since i had emwtwo  in my shiftry deck it was intersting(not to mention the amount of tails flipped trying to get vesipquen to go away ;( )

You should start running these be decks that are suprisingly good, I play shiftry and it brought me down to my knees countless times. I attempted beating one, lasted 40 minutes and i was 1 prize away from victory, didnt win sadley but since i had emwtwo  in my shiftry deck it was intersting(not to mention the amount of tails flipped trying to get vesipquen to go away ;( )

Coool, I'll have to try that for the next ladder.

Archived