Please Revert UI for desktops (at least) + extra side-notes :)

CrumpetCrusader

please include an option (at least) to go back to the old navigation/layout/UI
this is great for tablets and touch screen pc's but not desktops. maybe add [TABLET] or [DESKTOP] option/setting

(i know its not that simple, programming wise)

LESS IS MORE 

or give option (like before) to disable more effects

:)

also add a 'play another opponant' option after finishing a vs game.

also add 'vs refinement' option to play with 'pre-[series]' cards.

eg play with players using only 'pre-EX' cards or 'pre-BREAK' cards

and 'play with player with >20 wins in past month' or ' play with play with <10 conceeds in last month' etc

also (last 'also' i promise) add option of [MANUAL] to 'Sort Pokemon' (in your hand)

end of ramble, thanks

ben

Crumpetcrusader

Interesting ideas, i like the find another opponent but theres no point to it when you have to see your ladder progression after finishing your game and what if you want to switch up your deck 

its only an 'option' to the player, if my deck is working, i just want to play.

the ladder can just update next time to see that screen?!

also (getting old yet  :) ) allow player to disable 'mouse over' .

"am just moving my mouse, i dont want to cover playmat with an enlarged version of a card"

its only an 'option' to the player, if my deck is working, i just want to play.

the ladder can just update next time to see that screen?!

ya but id like to see what i get since you may get enough for the next prize id like to see that i got the next reward on the ladder lol :P 

please include an option (at least) to go back to the old navigation/layout/UIthis is great for tablets and touch screen pc's but not desktops. maybe add [TABLET] or [DESKTOP] option/setting

(i know its not that simple, programming wise)

LESS IS MORE 

or give option (like before) to disable more effects

:)

also add a 'play another opponant' option after finishing a vs game.

also add 'vs refinement' option to play with 'pre-[series]' cards.

eg play with players using only 'pre-EX' cards or 'pre-BREAK' cards

and 'play with player with >20 wins in past month' or ' play with play with <10 conceeds in last month' etc

also (last 'also' i promise) add option of [MANUAL] to 'Sort Pokemon' (in your hand)

end of ramble, thanks

ben

Crumpetcrusader

Just my take on this.

They are not going to give an option to disable effects. Even the " Use Simple Effects " animations take the same amount of time. The reason for this is to keep all players on the same time frame (game time wise).

Also, adding options for filtering queues, although helpful for new players, would increase the wait time for matches.

I definitely am in support of manual hand sorting (maybe drag and drop).

I hope that gets added to the "VLLOTCAE" as Mike Gills calls it (preferably somewhere near the top).

"VLLOTCAE" as Mike Gills calls it (preferably somewhere near the top).

sorry not with ya there, whats VLLOTCAE

also i agree withe the wait time issue, good point

also i understand about the time frame thing, but, for me, its not about time, i dont mind waiting, its the view of the play mat that annoys me (or lack of).

i wouldn't play chess if it had sparks shooting up every time i take a pawn :) *** that i play chess much)

UPDATE:

ive just found out that on may the 8th, they are intrducing a legacy format, which will allow player to play with old-gen cards only :)

1 'also' down, quite a few to go :)

sorry not with ya there, whats VLLOTCAE

also i agree withe the wait time issue, good point

also i understand about the time frame thing, but, for me, its not about time, i dont mind waiting, its the view of the play mat that annoys me (or lack of).

i wouldn't play chess if it had sparks shooting up every time i take a pawn :***** that i play chess much)

The VLLOTCAE is Mike Gills' "Very Long List Of Things to Consider And Implement".

The time frame synchronization is important, as some players would play with animations on, while some played with them off. The game clock would get confused as the players were playing the game at different speeds, an IIRC, cause some players to erroneously time out and lose the game.

While I agree that animations are frivolous and unnecessary, the development team has already spent enough money creating the animations that I can safely say I will ****** shoes if they cut animations entirely.

They've just put too much time and effort into the animations to remove them entirely, which is pretty much what would have to happen, as there is no logical way to make them optional and not destroy all the progress they have made towards making the game clock bug free.

UPDATE:

ive just found out that on may the 8th, they are intrducing a legacy format, which will allow player to play with old-gen cards only :)

1 'also' down, quite a few to go :)

Also, pretty sure it's the 5th, as that would coincide with XY10's English Release.

Legacy should be fun (at least at first), haven't played in HGSS-LTR format for a while xD.

agreed. ive stopped playing for  6 months since the UI was changed. I have to click something so see how many prize cards i have? ridiculous. Before you know how i saw them? i just flippin looked. Slow, cumbersome, not interesting, and distracting....did i mention slow?

Archived