irresponsible players are flushing this game down the toilet

Pika36521

More and more often players ragequit just because. YOU play a 10 or 15 turn game YOU have no chance to win just to concede on the last turn??? Just for the fun of not letting me attack?? Is it hard to spend 10 more seconds??? What's wrong with all of you??? Trying to take the fun out of the game???

Sometimes people spend a lot of time thinking an impossible last turn before my final attack just to quit 2 minutes latter and not letting me finish the game!!! In that case just DON'T WASTE MY TIME!!! Are you so unhappy that you have to take it all out when you're playing???

Can't people have social conscience?? Can't you realize that not being able to finish 5 games out of 10 in the last turn is highly frustrating in a game supposedly fun? And if that's intentional, shame on you! Can't you realize there are more people around you who are trying to enjoy themselves? Probably not cause most of you only leave your place to shop for groceries.

Congratulations, you're just making this game more and more unplayable!!! Congratulations to all you immature kids who are too young to even be playing, and to all you people frustrated with your life and lack of social life, and to all of those who think they're better than most people and feel the need to leave their (negative) mark! YOU JUST MADE ME QUIT THIS GAME!!!! Just be happy about it!!!

You know i only feel like swearing...

Edit: To all the others, good luck ;)

I don't get exactly why you're upset. I mean were you doing a daily challenge or something?

like yeah you lost like two minutes of your time but at the end of the day you're the one who gets rewards off the wheel. After all, they had to bow down their pride into clicking that concede button.

I feel that it's a courtesy to let the other player finish, but when someone plays with their food at dinner, you don't overreact and call it flushing dinner down the toilet..

Wow. Just wow xd This isn't the first time someone brings up the "conceding right before the final attack" thing as an issue, but you're the first one to be this angry about it and definetly the first one who outright quits because of it.

First of all, you must start from the base that allowing your opponent the last hit is, like Awesome said, a courtesey and not an obligation.

I can understand this being mildly annoying in the case of completing dailies, but if this was just a normal game then I don't see what frustrates you so much about this.

I would quit this game for many reasons, but for people quitting before i finish them off ??? that has to be the weirdest reason ever !

Yes it's annoying when you're doing challenges but it is by no means a Reason for quitting !

Well good luck in your Life !

I would quit this game for many reasons, but for people quitting before i finish them off ??? that has to be the weirdest reason ever !

Yes it's annoying when you're doing challenges but it is by no means a Reason for quitting !

Well good luck in your Life !

Have to agree here xD

More and more often players ragequit just because. YOU play a 10 or 15 turn game YOU have no chance to win just to concede on the last turn??? Just for the fun of not letting me attack?? Is it hard to spend 10 more seconds??? What's wrong with all of you??? Trying to take the fun out of the game???

Sometimes people spend a lot of time thinking an impossible last turn before my final attack just to quit 2 minutes latter and not letting me finish the game!!! In that case just DON'T WASTE MY TIME!!! Are you so unhappy that you have to take it all out when you're playing???

Can't people have social conscience?? Can't you realize that not being able to finish 5 games out of 10 in the last turn is highly frustrating in a game supposedly fun? And if that's intentional, shame on you! Can't you realize there are more people around you who are trying to enjoy themselves? Probably not cause most of you only leave your place to shop for groceries.

Congratulations, you're just making this game more and more unplayable!!! Congratulations to all you immature kids who are too young to even be playing, and to all you people frustrated with your life and lack of social life, and to all of those who think they're better than most people and feel the need to leave their (negative) mark! YOU JUST MADE ME QUIT THIS GAME!!!! Just be happy about it!!!

You know i only feel like swearing...

Edit: To all the others, good luck ;)

Probably, this is all because nowadays people feel seeing the defeat from other player is just a matter of insult. most players concede to show that it was just luck that he lost. Infact, I have seen this change over a sudden period of time. This wasn't how it was back then. I account this responsible to daily challenges and vs ladder. Both the features have been wonderful for new players and have to be appreciated. But every remedy has its side-effects. Some times side effects are too bad, worse than what a remedy or something good does. A similar thing is seen in PTCGO. Players started to quit for the reason to save time and play the challenges. Most of the players choose decks according to the challenges pending with them, and moreover, concede has become so familiar as an option to save time. But apparently, not all who concede are to be blamed for this behavior. This has been discussed in a very old thread --> Etiquette in vs mode or something like that. Where it was reflected that apparently, players who are about to win, rather show how powerful they are (sometimes without any reason of daily challenges). Wishing "GG or good game" was a normal trend. Now if you win, the other player messages --> "You got lucky dude, rather than gg" All because probably stress of getting the "Free stuff" and the limited time. 200 wins in 20 days, necessary 10 wins a day, are you serious ? But well than other players would say its made for active players, you need not complete it. But who would want to leave any stuff that you can get for free. So, some people think, if they let you play, the other player would use all his options to show you how bad you are and how good he is, rather than just finishing a game. I have experienced this myself alot of times, I don't usually concede (probably because there were 2-3 occasions, when the opponent made a mistake and I won) :P .

So seeing both parts, you can't actually blame the people who concede, the moral ethics of the game have declined too much, that probably can't be uplifted anymore. Players assume, that their opponent is bad. So, you have to adjust the way it is.

I suggest, please don't quit due to the behavior by other players, which might have harmed you. Next time, try to say if you are doing dailies. Many people are nice to me when I ask them if they would allow me to complete a daily challenge in a trade of a win, and they accept happily. What else do we need ? :)

please don't quit and take both parts into account (the people who quit, when they know they lost, and the people who like to waste time, before they hit the final attack)

Thats just my view of viewing the change that has occurred. I am 100% sure it wasn't like this in days before.

Sorry for going to long.

I had no intention to point anyone out, was speaking totally general, I had nothing offensive against any players, and sorry if you felt so. Just in case any mistake, please forgive me.

Have a nice day :)

It's one thing to take 10 seconds and finish off a match. That I have no problem with. The crazy things I see people do that have nothing to do with finishing a challenge and I would call taunting and rude:

1) Playing Battle Compressors and Sycamores that add nothing to damage. No challenge calls for that and you are wasting my time - Concede early.

2) Using Rough Seas/ Max Potions/ Poke Center Lady. No challenge has to do with health and you are wasting my time - I'm conceding again.

3) Using Fairy Transfer/ Hyper Transfer to power up a pokemon - Might be related to a challenge so I give 10 seconds. After that, if you can't math and figure out how much damage you need to end the match, I'll end the match for you - concede.

It always come back to time. I got matches to win (gotta get N). If your thing is to finish off a well deserved win, then I figure 10 seconds is enough to say "gg" and win. If you need to finish a challenge, ask at the beginning of the match and I, personally, don't even attack and let you complete your challnege.

If you are the guy who feels better going for max damage after I had only one turn and you think I'm gonna watch you do that, then you're playing the wrong game sir.

In the official rulebook and in official tournaments you are allowed to resign a match wherever and whenever, even before the final attack. the problem isn't people resigning before the end, the problem is setting up a daily challenge that hinges on you doing a certain # of damage or KOs or whatever when you know people will resign early all the time (especially with animations that drag out the game even longer). you dont want people wasting your time, they feel the same way. to them, staying in the match for your final attack is wasting time. 

I agree as my damage taken is almost more than my damage dealt. Its because once the tables have turned and I have energy on my pokemone and they don't that they quit and so lots of games I have like 300 or more damage I would have dealt to my opponent but they quit. Its like a big slap to the face when you are clicking to do the last attack and then the game ends. Still I know I have quit lots of times.

While it is annoying when somebody does concede on you like that i look at it as a free win and free winners wheel and sometimes an easy win for ladder progress which is never a bad thing :P 

should try a toad deck. i get allot rage before it starts

And night march, people concede to night march more i find lol 

Hello!

I used to love playing Wobbuffet in unlimited. when I faced a Shiftry Deck, I started to count: "3... 2... 1... Your opponent concedes the game". I loved that. :)

By the way, I don't like people that start to chat" Hurry, you waste my time, are you sleeping?, it's for today". That is so boring and sad that they don't have a life.

And night march, people concede to night march more i find lol 

Nah, thats not even near to shiftry :D xD

Hello!

I used to love playing Wobbuffet in unlimited. when I faced a Shiftry Deck, I started to count: "3... 2... 1... Your opponent concedes the game". I loved that. :)

By the way, I don't like people that start to chat" Hurry, you waste my time, are you sleeping?, it's for today". That is so boring and sad that they don't have a life.

Every Deck has its weakness in conceding :D

Probably, this is all because nowadays people feel seeing the defeat from other player is just a matter of insult. most players concede to show that it was just luck that he lost. Infact, I have seen this change over a sudden period of time. This wasn't how it was back then. I account this responsible to daily challenges and vs ladder. Both the features have been wonderful for new players and have to be appreciated. But every remedy has its side-effects. Some times side effects are too bad, worse than what a remedy or something good does. A similar thing is seen in PTCGO. Players started to quit for the reason to save time and play the challenges. Most of the players choose decks according to the challenges pending with them, and moreover, concede has become so familiar as an option to save time. But apparently, not all who concede are to be blamed for this behavior. This has been discussed in a very old thread --> Etiquette in vs mode or something like that. Where it was reflected that apparently, players who are about to win, rather show how powerful they are (sometimes without any reason of daily challenges). Wishing "GG or good game" was a normal trend. Now if you win, the other player messages --> "You got lucky dude, rather than gg" All because probably stress of getting the "Free stuff" and the limited time. 200 wins in 20 days, necessary 10 wins a day, are you serious ? But well than other players would say its made for active players, you need not complete it. But who would want to leave any stuff that you can get for free. So, some people think, if they let you play, the other player would use all his options to show you how bad you are and how good he is, rather than just finishing a game. I have experienced this myself alot of times, I don't usually concede (probably because there were 2-3 occasions, when the opponent made a mistake and I won) :P .

So seeing both parts, you can't actually blame the people who concede, the moral ethics of the game have declined too much, that probably can't be uplifted anymore. Players assume, that their opponent is bad. So, you have to adjust the way it is.

I suggest, please don't quit due to the behavior by other players, which might have harmed you. Next time, try to say if you are doing dailies. Many people are nice to me when I ask them if they would allow me to complete a daily challenge in a trade of a win, and they accept happily. What else do we need ? :)

please don't quit and take both parts into account (the people who quit, when they know they lost, and the people who like to waste time, before they hit the final attack)

Thats just my view of viewing the change that has occurred. I am 100% sure it wasn't like this in days before.

Sorry for going to long.

I had no intention to point anyone out, was speaking totally general, I had nothing offensive against any players, and sorry if you felt so. Just in case any mistake, please forgive me.

Have a nice day :)

I agree with all of it. Plus, i'm not the kinda guy that's still setting up just to give the finish blow. I make my last turn take 5 seconds or the least possible. But i admit sometimes i do rage quit when the other player takes an eternity in the last blow without the need to (unless they still need to setup something to give the finishing blow). Sometimes i ask them to hurry up, and if they ignore i concede. Blame it on me. But in this case i consider they just laughing at my face wasting me 2 extra minutes.

It's one thing to take 10 seconds and finish off a match. That I have no problem with. The crazy things I see people do that have nothing to do with finishing a challenge and I would call taunting and rude:

1) Playing Battle Compressors and Sycamores that add nothing to damage. No challenge calls for that and you are wasting my time - Concede early.

2) Using Rough Seas/ Max Potions/ Poke Center Lady. No challenge has to do with health and you are wasting my time - I'm conceding again.

3) Using Fairy Transfer/ Hyper Transfer to power up a pokemon - Might be related to a challenge so I give 10 seconds. After that, if you can't math and figure out how much damage you need to end the match, I'll end the match for you - concede.

It always come back to time. I got matches to win (gotta get N). If your thing is to finish off a well deserved win, then I figure 10 seconds is enough to say "gg" and win. If you need to finish a challenge, ask at the beginning of the match and I, personally, don't even attack and let you complete your challnege.

If you are the guy who feels better going for max damage after I had only one turn and you think I'm gonna watch you do that, then you're playing the wrong game sir.

That's exactly how i feel about conceding a game myself... those are the circumstances that make me quit at the last turn... if the other player is just taking unnecessary time. Otherwise, respect.

In the official rulebook and in official tournaments you are allowed to resign a match wherever and whenever, even before the final attack. the problem isn't people resigning before the end, the problem is setting up a daily challenge that hinges on you doing a certain # of damage or KOs or whatever when you know people will resign early all the time (especially with animations that drag out the game even longer). you dont want people wasting your time, they feel the same way. to them, staying in the match for your final attack is wasting time. 

Well, if they played the whole game, i feel they shouldn't concede before passing me the last turn. Just need to wait 10 more seconds then, so. And the case that drove me mad to write this topic, the guy waited for 2 minutes with only an active Shaymin Ex without energy, and then quit instead of passing me the turn. I would take 5 seconds most.

While it is annoying when somebody does concede on you like that i look at it as a free win and free winners wheel and sometimes an easy win for ladder progress which is never a bad thing :P

True, i look at it that way also... but the easy win got to a point it got out of control. I mean i can't play a game just for my opponent to concede in the end, 5 games out of 10! Just realize i'm way ahead and concede in the middle, not the last turn! That almost seems on purpose, like a vengeance.

should try a toad deck. i get allot rage before it starts

I quit at the first turn if i don't setup properly against Toad or NM or some more decks. But this is totally different, i don't make them play the whole game to quit in the end. I just try and then assume i don't have game to face it and quit in the beginning. No one wastes time.

Well i might have over reacted, and maybe i'll be playing again when this cools off. But this is happening more and more often. If you don't have a good setup but you decide to take the game, don't come on me quitting before my last turn, you knew you were gonna lose, and i'm not the guy that takes unnecessary time in the last turn just to feel realized like "ok i did everything i could, let's finish this now!". Another thing completely is if i take a lot to finish you off last turn... just concede to my face then... but this wouldn't happen with me.

I agree this ladder and challenge thing is changing many player's attitude towards the game. I don't mind if you concede a game and i get a free win, but conceding when i'm about to click the last attack is another thing completely, no honor! I'm not talking about Dailies situations but rather integrity. Free win is cool, i get that, it's cool for me too. But it gets to a point this happens more and more often, and the free win is not important anymore, rather the ethics of the player who's facing me. This will/already does reflect in your real lives, in your jobs, relationships, etc, as it should. Do you want to be selfish and self-centered forever?

As Awesome Guy said, it's a courtesy to let the other player finish, not an obligation. Precisely my point. Courtesy is indispensable. I don't even know why i'm mad, as this only reflects other's lack of courtesy and social conscience, not mine. Although when people take this attitudes to real life and neglect others around, i get reeeally mad, but for a reason, and i'm the kinda guy ho will put you in order! The way i see it, shame on 50% of the human race.

Well i might have over reacted, and maybe i'll be playing again when this cools off. But this is happening more and more often. If you don't have a good setup but you decide to take the game, don't come on me quitting before my last turn, you knew you were gonna lose, and i'm not the guy that takes unnecessary time in the last turn just to feel realized like "ok i did everything i could, let's finish this now!". Another thing completely is if i take a lot to finish you off last turn... just concede to my face then... but this wouldn't happen with me.

I agree this ladder and challenge thing is changing many player's attitude towards the game. I don't mind if you concede a game and i get a free win, but conceding when i'm about to click the last attack is another thing completely, no honor! I'm not talking about Dailies situations but rather integrity. Free win is cool, i get that, it's cool for me too. But it gets to a point this happens more and more often, and the free win is not important anymore, rather the ethics of the player who's facing me. This will/already does reflect in your real lives, in your jobs, relationships, etc, as it should. Do you want to be selfish and self-centered forever?

As Awesome Guy said, it's a courtesy to let the other player finish, not an obligation. Precisely my point. Courtesy is indispensable. I don't even know why i'm mad, as this only reflects other's lack of courtesy and social conscience, not mine. Although when people take this attitudes to real life and neglect others around, i get reeeally mad, but for a reason, and i'm the kinda guy ho will put you in order! The way i see it, shame on 50% of the human race.

Courtesy and kindness are essential for the health of any human community, be it virtual or real. However, I believe that this kindness must be sincere as well; an principle in which a person truly believes in from the bottom of his heart. Sadly for us, Hobbes has a lot to say about the true nature of humanity. There are people who do not have a drop of sensibility in them. They exist, they are part of everything human community, and you cannot eliminate them. You will run into such people everywhere, not just the internet. Some people take refuge in anonimity to show their true colors, but others have no inhibition in being as much ********* irl.

So what do we do about them? Enforce courtesies as a rule? It's not out of the realm of possibility. It's as easy as the staff adding it to the ToS and handing bans to rule breakers.

Of course, I know that's insane and that you weren't suggesting it either. My guess is that your original post was just venting and had no purpose besides venting. But now that you're calm, look at the situation from a rational perspective. If, at least for an instant, this action infuriated you so much that you thought of quitting, this is a problem. Problems cannot just be left alone. You're not the first one to complain about this either.

So that leads us back to the question: how do we deal with this? We could, in fact, punish unsportsmanlike behaviour (with a lower punishment of course, not an automatic ban). The real problem of this all is that you don't have the tools to determine that your opponent acted in an unsportsmanlike way. They could have ragequited or denied you the last hit out of spite. But how do you know it was out of spite? It's farfetchec but maybe they really did need to leave that very instant. Maybe they don't spite you at all and just concede lost games out of habit. Some people can tell an unwinnable situation right from the start, but others cannot see that the game was lost all the way up to the final hit, even if they had already lost 10 turns ago. Maybe they are on a stupidly tight schedule, and waiting even 10 seconds for you to deal the last hit is toomuch time. 10 seconds seems insignificant, but if they do this against every player they loseto they save several minutes, wich makes a huge difference when you only have 15-30 minutes to play.

There are as many legit reasons to quit right at the end as there are ragequitters. So what do you do if you can't distinguish them? Punish everyone and discourage everyone from doing it, or punish no one and allow everyone to continue doing it?

To be honest, while I can understand your frustration, ragequitting at the end is at worst a minor offense. You can't filter out this people, nor can you re-educate them. It's outright impossible. Since this is a minor offense, I believe it is for the best that we don't read too much into this action, ignore it and move on. I'm afraid that this would be the only reasonable solution.

Just try to take it easy and look at people who ragequit from a different angle. One never really knows what another person is thinking or what their intentions are. Therefore, a person' words or action only have as much value as you believe they have. You can only takeoffense if you decide that the action was offensive. While there are limits to what's acceptable and to how much you can stretch the meaning of something, in the case of small things it's better if you just don't sweat them and try to take the most possitive view possible.

My apologies for the massive wall of text, that was meant to be a short answer xd I just really enjoy the topic of human psychology and behaviour so I ended up writing another essay xd

My apologies for the massive wall of text, that was meant to be a short answer xd I just really enjoy the topic of human psychology and behaviour so I ended up writing another essay xd

I love your massive texts, Gonzo. :)

Archived