Completing sets?

RanseiChampion

I've recently decided to work on completing sets. But I have a few questions

1. Currently the set that it says is closest to completion is XY base, but  if I get enough cards from a different set will it change?

2.Do I need to get reverse holos/ FAs to complete sets. for example,Will I need to find a Blastoise EX FA or can I just use my regular one. Or will I need to try and find a Fenniken Reverse?

3. If I trade a pokemon that I only have one of, will I need to get another copy of said card. for example, if I trade my only copy of Registeel from AO for something else, will I need to get another Registeel before I can complete the set.

I've recently decided to work on completing sets. But I have a few questions

1. Currently the set that it says is closest to completion is XY base, but  if I get enough cards from a different set will it change?

2.Do I need to get reverse holos/ FAs to complete sets. for example,Will I need to find a Blastoise EX FA or can I just use my regular one. Or will I need to try and find a Fenniken Reverse?

3. If I trade a pokemon that I only have one of, will I need to get another copy of said card. for example, if I trade my only copy of Registeel from AO for something else, will I need to get another Registeel before I can complete the set.

Hello,

1. Yes. It's probably percentage based. If at any point your percent completion of a different set (the individual percentages of your sets are invisible; you only get to see the overall percent) goes higher than XY base set, it will change to that set.

2.You don't need reverse holos. Only for perfect completes you need to have 1 of each foil (to my knowledge, the game does not aknowledge perfect completes, so it's just for bragging rights. Then again, doing normal completes is also basically just for bragging rights xd). FA's, however, do count towards completion because RAs and FA have different collection numbers. What I'm uncertain of is wether or not you need SRs for normal completes (cards that go above the normal max number, like 161/160 or something). What I have heard here in the forums is that you don't need SRs, but I remember that when I was completing BKT it didn't count as complete untill I had the SR Mewtwo EX I was missing. So I dunno, someone would have to do some testing to confirm.

3. To count towards completion you must be currently in possesion of said card. I.e. if you trade away, say, that registeel, it will not longer count as being owned by you, and thus it will not count towards completion.

I never really got motivated to complete sets doesn't really interest me i want to do it but to lazy :P      XD

Hello,

1. Yes. It's probably percentage based. If at any point your percent completion of a different set (the individual percentages of your sets are invisible; you only get to see the overall percent) goes higher than XY base set, it will change to that set.

I think it's based on the number of cards you have in the set, not percentage.  My set nearest completion is currently Black Star Promos, which I probably have well under half of.  And I'm only missing 1 card from PRC and 2 cards from AOR.

I think it's based on the number of cards you have in the set, not percentage. My set nearest completion is currently Black Star Promos, which I probably have well under half of. And I'm only missing 1 card from PRC and 2 cards from AOR.

I think that the algorithm for showing what sets is closest to completing is broken. It shows HS-Unleashed as the set that I am closest to completing, even though I only have 5 cards from Unleashed, and I have every AOR card except FA Steven.

I notice that with each successive main update, my set closest to completion changes to a random set. In 2.33 it was Kalos Starter Set, which is strange, as i've had a perfect complete for that set since 2.28.

I think it's based on the number of cards you have in the set, not percentage.  My set nearest completion is currently Black Star Promos, which I probably have well under half of.  And I'm only missing 1 card from PRC and 2 cards from AOR.

hey, every new player have a 20 cards remaining to complete Dragon Vault set, so why the game not say set nearest to completion is dragon vault? u must be wrong...

hey, every new player have a 20 cards remaining to complete Dragon Vault set, so why the game not say set nearest to completion is dragon vault? u must be wrong...

I think that the algorithm for showing what sets is closest to completing is broken. It shows HS-Unleashed as the set that I am closest to completing, even though I only have 5 cards from Unleashed, and I have every AOR card except FA Steven.

I notice that with each successive main update, my set closest to completion changes to a random set. In 2.33 it was Kalos Starter Set, which is strange, as i've had a perfect complete for that set since 2.28.

Like Seminc said, the algorith is probably broken. We don't know for sure how it's calculated. The only way real way in which you can know which set you're closest to completing is to go through your collection manually and see which set you've got the least amount of cards left to complete.

It's also possible that the algorithm has exceptions to the way it works. For example, it's possible it won't show you a set you don't have a single card of even if it's technically the set that's near to completion number wise. None of us really know what the algorithm is so all we can do speculate.

I said it was the number of cards you own, not the number of cards you lack, which would actually make more sense.

Archived