The Vanquisher [Expanded M Mewtwo-EX X Deck]

GonzoMD1993

Ok this time I decided to make a deck for Vanishing Strike M Mewtwo. This is what the decklist looks like:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 13

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
3 Landorus FFI 58
3 Mewtwo-EX BKT 163
3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 63
2 Keldeo-EX PR-BLW BW61

Trainer Cards - 38

1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 162
4 Acro Bike PRC 122
3 Dimension Valley PHF 93
2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
3 Mewtwo Spirit Link BKT 144
1 N NVI 101
1 Xerosic PHF 119
1 Lysandre FLF 104
2 Float Stone BKT 137
4 Mega Turbo ROS 86
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 9

6 Fighting Energy XYEnergy 3
3 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The basic idea behind the deck is to get the M Mewtwo EX up and running asap. To help with the acceleration I'm using the Landorous and the Mega Turbos. At first I thought I was gonna have a hard time finding that psychic energy since I only run 3, but with all of the acceleration from the discard that I have + 3 battle compressors I have been able to consistantly get a psychic energy attached within the first 3 energies I attach.

I used to run 1 Smeargle in this deck just in case the worst case scenario happened and I ended up stuck in the active slot with no Keldeo/floatstone, no Lando and no Mega Turbos, but I ended up deciding that it wasn't really worth it (smeargle has only saved me like 1 game or so out of a couple dozens I've played), so in the end I replaced it with the Xerosic, since some tools can be really big game changers (mostly sash and bursting balloon).

The reason I made it into an Expanded deck even though it's 90% a Standard deck is because those 4 Expanded cards really ended up making a big difference after some testing.

I experimented a bit with BKT Zoroark, but the space in this deck is kind of tight and I didn't really want to remove anything to include the Zoruas. Having a higher base HP is also nice, since it's less prone to become food for Lysandre.

I originally was using Judge as a shuffle tech card, but I feel that N does a better job. I wouldn't have made it into an Expanded deck just for N, but since I had already made it into Expanded for the Keldeos I thought that I might as well.

And while I was at it, I decided to include an Ace Spec. To be completely honest at first I got Dowsing Machine because I was broke and couln't afford Computer Search xd But after testing I realized that it worked surprisingly well with the puzzles of time. While using the Puzzle's second effect to recover the Dowsing Machine is redundant, it works really nice the other way around. A lot of times mid to late game I found myself with either a single Puzzle in my hand or an odd number of Puzzles left in my deck, and Dowsing Machine allows me to find that other Puzzle and recover not just 1 trainer, but 2 of any card. So it basically serves as both my 5th Puzzle and as my 5th VS seeker as well if needed be.

Lastly, the Giovanni is there because of Megas and FFB Basics that get more than 200 hp and don't have psychic weakness. I feel like this deck relies a lot on OHKOing everything after you finish setting up, so I can't have my opponent's pokemon living on a pixel of health after my turn if I can help it.

So what do you guys think of this deck? I haven't seen too many M Mewtwo-EX X decks recently, so I thought I'd be fun to give this a try. I'm curious to see what improvements could be done in this deck.

idk it looks solid. i tried it and 5 dudes left when they saw the mewtwo in front. one had the same mewtwo active. seems like a fun deck. tho i only had 2 x version so i ***** y as the third. its pretty awesome tho. the puzzle of time and shaymin really helped on 2nd turn.

dude you have a good deck idea. now if i can get some actual challenges in vs i would be good.

Well, Mewtwo X  has an overall good performance but your only problem is speed. Setting it up will be a problem if you're under item lock, this may not look like it but you automatically lose to Night March. Night March users take advantage on your weakness and the Dimension Valley will be just enough to set a lone Pumpkaboo to smash your ranks and get two prizes per attack.

That's just the problem, anyway its a good deck! 

My concerns would be:

• Add Hoopa EX (Scoundrel Ring)
  • I've seen speed variants of this deck that has Max Elixirs and gets to attack on 2nd turn, you might want to cut your entire list to a speed one.
  • Replace Dowsing Machine with Computer Search. This deck can be pretty slow sometimes, there are times that you want to get any card from your deck to change the flow of the game.
  • I might be selfish but you should have 4 Prof. Juniper/Sycamore  :P

-Gambit-

I kinda consider myself an Expert on M Mewtwo EX VS .... and I am :P so here's what modifications i think you should make :

- Have a 4-4 Line always, despite that a 3-3 line looks to be enough, it's not believe me, MMX need a 4-4 line. and By Mewtwo-EX of course i assume you use Damage Change as there is no other way :P

- Landorus isn't all that important as MMX is faster than people think, i usually get it up and running by turn 2 without Landorus, i tried this deck with it and found out that Lando can easily be replaced, I for one use Deoxys RS to draw more cards, you should replace those 3 with 2 Deoxys and 1 Jirachi promo (just in case)

- I Use this deck in Standard but Keldeo-EX can be a huge help for switching (replaces Switchs and Escape Ropes) But it also takes up a bench space.

- Hoopa-EX is a must for this deck, it can help you get a 1-1 line and 1 Shaymin-EX to draw cards but again it also takes up bench space.

- Smeargle Helps but it's not really that important.

- Having a 4-4-4-4 line of Mega Turbo, Spirit Links, Vs Seeker & Ultra Ball is a no brainer.

- For Stadiums despite that Dimension Valley seems like the obvious choice, Shrine of Memories is better, i personally run 2-3 of them Valley helps with the low cost but Shrine is overall better because of Damage Change, i tested these 2 cards so many times and Shrine ends up being the best every time.

- As for the remaining Trainers it's up to you  but i think a 4-4 line or at least 3-3 line of Juniper/Sycamore and N/Birch is obvious here, also Skyla helps out a lot by getting Mega Turbos and Lysandre can be a good finishing card.

- 9 energies is not enough, i found out the Minimum energy for this deck is 12 (4 Psy and 8 Fighting ) but again i use a 4-4 line :P

Other than that this deck is my personal favourite atm And it destroys most decks apart from Night March (huge disadvantage) and Gengar / Trevenant variants. funny thing is that I lost to M Mewtwo Y once only due to a bad start out of around 20 battles, despite this latter getting a lot more hype before !

Have fun with this !

I kinda consider myself an Expert on M Mewtwo EX VS .... and I am :P so here's what modifications i think you should make :

- Have a 4-4 Line always, despite that a 3-3 line looks to be enough, it's not believe me, MMX need a 4-4 line. and By Mewtwo-EX of course i assume you use Damage Change as there is no other way :P

- Landorus isn't all that important as MMX is faster than people think, i usually get it up and running by turn 2 without Landorus, i tried this deck with it and found out that Lando can easily be replaced, I for one use Deoxys RS to draw more cards, you should replace those 3 with 2 Deoxys and 1 Jirachi promo (just in case)

- I Use this deck in Standard but Keldeo-EX can be a huge help for switching (replaces Switchs and Escape Ropes) But it also takes up a bench space.

- Hoopa-EX is a must for this deck, it can help you get a 1-1 line and 1 Shaymin-EX to draw cards but again it also takes up bench space.

- Smeargle Helps but it's not really that important.

- Having a 4-4-4-4 line of Mega Turbo, Spirit Links, Vs Seeker & Ultra Ball is a no brainer.

- For Stadiums despite that Dimension Valley seems like the obvious choice, Shrine of Memories is better, i personally run 2-3 of them Valley helps with the low cost but Shrine is overall better because of Damage Change, i tested these 2 cards so many times and Shrine ends up being the best every time.

- As for the remaining Trainers it's up to you but i think a 4-4 line or at least 3-3 line of Juniper/Sycamore and N/Birch is obvious here, also Skyla helps out a lot by getting Mega Turbos and Lysandre can be a good finishing card.

- 9 energies is not enough, i found out the Minimum energy for this deck is 12 (4 Psy and 8 Fighting ) but again i use a 4-4 line :P

Other than that this deck is my personal favourite atm And it destroys most decks apart from Night March (huge disadvantage) and Gengar / Trevenant variants. funny thing is that I lost to M Mewtwo Y once only due to a bad start out of around 20 battles, despite this latter getting a lot more hype before !

Have fun with this !

Yes, I knew you liked MMX a lot, so I was actually kind of expecting your comment xd I'll go over each point:

• Yeah, I agree that 4-4 line might be better. Sometimes I'm left feeling that I can't get them all when I need them.
  • I thought about DC Mewtwo vs PhW Mewtwo for a while, and the reason I decided to go with PhW in the end was because I felt it would take too long to get 4 energies. If I change this one thing I'm gonna have to make major modifications to the deck xd So what I'm gonna do is leave this one like it is and make a new one based around DC Mewtwo to test them side by side.
  • I'll definetly try out the deoxys instead of the Lando in the new deck. Jirachi though... I don't know man, I really like my organs, and I'd be a pitty to sell one of them xd Maybe some day.
  • I think I'll keep the Keldeo. I feel like it has helped me escape from enough bad situations per game to justify the bench spot. I tired several games with switching items too and it just didn't feel as reliable.
  • Completely agree about the Hoopa EX. I'll make sure to include it.
  • I agree with the Smeargle too. It really did save me a game like, once xd But it's too situational to be worth including, plus the bench is kind of tight already.
  • Completely agree with the 4-4-4-4 line. Do you think I could get away with 4-4-3-4 (only 3 spirit links)? Might be kind of greedy on my part to want to free up that 1 space but I think I can use it to fit in something else.
  • In this new deck I'll use Shrine of Memories instead of Valley since it works much better with DC Mewtwo.
  • I'll try with a 3-3 of Sycamore-N. It seems like it could work better than what I'm using right now.
  • I think that 9 energies was good enough for the deck I was running since I only had a 3-3 mewtwo line with valley, so my energy cost total wasn't too high. With this new deck though I'll definetly rise the energy count to 4 psychic and 8 fighting.
  • I agree that NM and Trevenant are bad matchups. But interestingly enough, I rarely see any NM or Trevenant variants in Expanded, for god knows what reason xd

Aside from the points you mentioned there's one more thing I wanted to ask you about. What do you think of Giovanni as a tech for 210hp+ pokemon? I feel like when they just barely survive Vanishing Strike it puts me in a bad spot, so I try going for the one shot every time. I can deal with FFB using Xerosic if needed be, but Mega pokemon without psychic weakness are kind of hard to kill.

Well anyways, thanks a lot for all of the advise. I'll make the new deck and play around with it, I'll definetly have fun testing this xd.

Well, Mewtwo X  has an overall good performance but your only problem is speed. Setting it up will be a problem if you're under item lock, this may not look like it but you automatically lose to Night March. Night March users take advantage on your weakness and the Dimension Valley will be just enough to set a lone Pumpkaboo to smash your ranks and get two prizes per attack.

That's just the problem, anyway its a good deck! 

My concerns would be:

• Add Hoopa EX (Scoundrel Ring)
  • I've seen speed variants of this deck that has Max Elixirs and gets to attack on 2nd turn, you might want to cut your entire list to a speed one.
  • Replace Dowsing Machine with Computer Search. This deck can be pretty slow sometimes, there are times that you want to get any card from your deck to change the flow of the game.
  • I might be selfish but you should have 4 Prof. Juniper/Sycamore  :P

-Gambit-

Yeah NM and Trevenant are definetly a concern. There's really not much I can do much about them besides adding 1 or 2 techs to deal with them, and sadly Jirachi is off limits for me untill I can grind a massive amount of packs xd

Definetly adding the Hoopa EX and some more Sycamores and Ns. The computer search is something I can't get just yet though. I might actually have a hard time getting most of the stuff I need to modify this deck actually xd I just got a FA Shaymin EX (I'm working on completing RS), and as you can probably imagine, I'm completely broke now xd But I really do think Dowsing Machine does a good job. I'll think about it in the future when I can afford a Computer Search. Thanks for the advise :)

Yes, I knew you liked MMX a lot, so I was actually kind of expecting your comment xd I'll go over each point:

• Yeah, I agree that 4-4 line might be better. Sometimes I'm left feeling that I can't get them all when I need them.
  • I thought about DC Mewtwo vs PhW Mewtwo for a while, and the reason I decided to go with PhW in the end was because I felt it would take too long to get 4 energies. If I change this one thing I'm gonna have to make major modifications to the deck xd So what I'm gonna do is leave this one like it is and make a new one based around DC Mewtwo to test them side by side.
  • I'll definetly try out the deoxys instead of the Lando in the new deck. Jirachi though... I don't know man, I really like my organs, and I'd be a pitty to sell one of them xd Maybe some day.
  • I think I'll keep the Keldeo. I feel like it has helped me escape from enough bad situations per game to justify the bench spot. I tired several games with switching items too and it just didn't feel as reliable.
  • Completely agree about the Hoopa EX. I'll make sure to include it.
  • I agree with the Smeargle too. It really did save me a game like, once xd But it's too situational to be worth including, plus the bench is kind of tight already.
  • Completely agree with the 4-4-4-4 line. Do you think I could get away with 4-4-3-4 (only 3 spirit links)? Might be kind of greedy on my part to want to free up that 1 space but I think I can use it to fit in something else.
  • In this new deck I'll use Shrine of Memories instead of Valley since it works much better with DC Mewtwo.
  • I'll try with a 3-3 of Sycamore-N. It seems like it could work better than what I'm using right now.
  • I think that 9 energies was good enough for the deck I was running since I only had a 3-3 mewtwo line with valley, so my energy cost total wasn't too high. With this new deck though I'll definetly rise the energy count to 4 psychic and 8 fighting.
  • I agree that NM and Trevenant are bad matchups. But interestingly enough, I rarely see any NM or Trevenant variants in Expanded, for god knows what reason xd

Aside from the points you mentioned there's one more thing I wanted to ask you about. What do you think of Giovanni as a tech for 210hp+ pokemon? I feel like when they just barely survive Vanishing Strike it puts me in a bad spot, so I try going for the one shot every time. I can deal with FFB using Xerosic if needed be, but Mega pokemon without psychic weakness are kind of hard to kill.

Well anyways, thanks a lot for all of the advise. I'll make the new deck and play around with it, I'll definetly have fun testing this xd.

Well thank you, i've always tried to make this deck more popular than it actually is because it deserves it, it's so good !

• I found 4-4 more consistent but that is up to you.
  • There is literally No world or dimension where PhW Mewtwo is better than DC Mewtwo, this latter is superior in every way especially if you use Shrine or Memories, Damage Change is one of the best attacks ever.
  • Deoxys means more draw power which is more important imo, Hey Organs are overrated imo .... :P, you should've got 1 or 2 locked Jirachis though they were basically free.
  • Keldeo is a great addition in Expanded, but i personally use this deck in Standard so i'm not entirely sure but it does help a lot since switching is an issue for this deck.
  • Hoopa-EX is a must like i said, Smeargle not so much as it takes bench space especially if you run 4-4.
  • Well yeah add as many links as you have MMX lines obviously.
  • Shrine works with DC Mewtwo, Valley works with either one but it can backfire VS NM decks !
  • Imo the More energies the better for this deck, 9 energies won't be much help when you face Crushing Hammers for example ...
  • Giovanni might help out in taking out a M Manectric or something with FFB but i personally i'm not a big fan of it but it does help out in tough situations since 230 HP megas aren't that common so I guess adding 1 won't hurt.

Have fun man it's an amazing deck !

Well thank you, i've always tried to make this deck more popular than it actually is because it deserves it, it's so good !

• I found 4-4 more consistent but that is up to you.
  • There is literally No world or dimension where PhW Mewtwo is better than DC Mewtwo, this latter is superior in every way especially if you use Shrine or Memories, Damage Change is one of the best attacks ever.
  • Deoxys means more draw power which is more important imo, Hey Organs are overrated imo .... :P, you should've got 1 or 2 locked Jirachis though they were basically free.
  • Keldeo is a great addition in Expanded, but i personally use this deck in Standard so i'm not entirely sure but it does help a lot since switching is an issue for this deck.
  • Hoopa-EX is a must like i said, Smeargle not so much as it takes bench space especially if you run 4-4.
  • Well yeah add as many links as you have MMX lines obviously.
  • Shrine works with DC Mewtwo, Valley works with either one but it can backfire VS NM decks !
  • Imo the More energies the better for this deck, 9 energies won't be much help when you face Crushing Hammers for example ...
  • Giovanni might help out in taking out a M Manectric or something with FFB but i personally i'm not a big fan of it but it does help out in tough situations since 230 HP megas aren't that common so I guess adding 1 won't hurt.

Have fun man it's an amazing deck !

Thanks once again for the detailed advice. I'll go get the parts that I'm missing with what remained of my pack collection (rip me xd That FA Shaymin EX was totally worth going broke though xd).

Sadly I missed out on the Jirachi promo in the token store q.q I might have already joined by then but back then I was still learning the basics and didn't really know the value of Jirachi promo (both gameplaywise and in terms of cost to obtain). So untill the next time Jirachi promo gets put in the shop or until I can grow a 3rd kidney I can sell (whichever one happens first) I'm stuck with no Jirachis xd

EDIT: I just realized I had forgotten to include the Battle Compressors xd I'm gonna try without deoxys for a while and see how it goes. I replaced them with the compressors. If that doesn't work then I'll remove something else to include the Deoxys.

EDIT 2: I just realized BCs weren't the only thing I missed xd I honestly don't know how I even won the first game. I'll be back when I fix this.

EDIT 3: Wow I even had the energy proportions inverted xd Hopefully this time I didn't miss anything.

Alright here's an updated decklist:

Pokémon - 14

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
2 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
4 Mewtwo-EX BKT 158
4 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 63
2 Keldeo-EX PR-BLW BW61

Trainer Cards - 36

3 Shrine of Memories PRC 139
1 Lysandre FLF 104
2 N NVI 92
2 Float Stone BKT 137
4 Mega Turbo ROS 86
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
3 Acro Bike PRC 122

Energy - 10

7 Fighting Energy BLWEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

So far I've only played 1 game with it, but holly molly it was good. I went up to an Archie's Blastoirse / Keldeo EX deck, and I could really tell this version of the deck was significantly stronger.

The only thing in the list I didn't get to use that game was the Deoxys, but it was just 1 game so I'm sure it will get its time to shine later.

Once again, thanks for the advice. I'm really liking this new deck.

EDIT: I just realized I had forgotten to include the Battle Compressors xd I'm gonna try without deoxys for a while and see how it goes. I replaced them with the compressors. If that doesn't work then I'll remove something else to include the Deoxys.

EDIT 2: I just realized BCs weren't the only thing I missed xd I honestly don't know how I even won the first game. I'll be back when I fix this.

EDIT 3: Wow I even had the energy proportions inverted xd Hopefully this time I didn't miss anything.

Alright here's an updated decklist:

Pokémon - 14

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
2 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
4 Mewtwo-EX BKT 158
4 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 63
2 Keldeo-EX PR-BLW BW61

Trainer Cards - 36

3 Shrine of Memories PRC 139
1 Lysandre FLF 104
2 N NVI 92
2 Float Stone BKT 137
4 Mega Turbo ROS 86
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
3 Acro Bike PRC 122

Energy - 10

7 Fighting Energy BLWEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

So far I've only played 1 game with it, but holly molly it was good. I went up to an Archie's Blastoirse / Keldeo EX deck, and I could really tell this version of the deck was significantly stronger.

The only thing in the list I didn't get to use that game was the Deoxys, but it was just 1 game so I'm sure it will get its time to shine later.

Once again, thanks for the advice. I'm really liking this new deck.

I'm Glad you like it !!!

But i did notice you only added a 2-2 line of Sycamore / N , does that even work ? imo it's way too low !

I personally didn't try Puzzles and Acro Bikes with my version ... but you know what they say, don't change something that works !

I'm Glad you like it !!!

But i did notice you only added a 2-2 line of Sycamore / N , does that even work ? imo it's way too low !

I personally didn't try Puzzles and Acro Bikes with my version ... but you know what they say, don't change something that works !

I tried various things to fit in everything I wanted, and in the end I settled for a 2/2 Sycamore/N. Since I do run3 Battle Compressor and 4 VS seeker, it works surprisingly well. I feel like I just don't need to draw Sycamore/N from the deck often enough to need a 3/3 line in the deck.

The Puzzle with bikes it's more something I included because I really like the item more than because it's super good xd But it does work pretty well. Since I'm constantly discarding stuff the 2nd effect of puzzle is nice, even if not completely necessary, but I feel like the Puzzle into Acro Bike combo has worked really well for drawing.

Overall I'd say I'm happy with this version. I'll keep testing it and make adjustments in the way.

I tried various things to fit in everything I wanted, and in the end I settled for a 2/2 Sycamore/N. Since I do run3 Battle Compressor and 4 VS seeker, it works surprisingly well. I feel like I just don't need to draw Sycamore/N from the deck often enough to need a 3/3 line in the deck.

The Puzzle with bikes it's more something I included because I really like the item more than because it's super good xd But it does work pretty well. Since I'm constantly discarding stuff the 2nd effect of puzzle is nice, even if not completely necessary, but I feel like the Puzzle into Acro Bike combo has worked really well for drawing.

Overall I'd say I'm happy with this version. I'll keep testing it and make adjustments in the way.

Well like i said, as long as it works !!!

And yes Puzzles help out a lot

Archived