Do the breakpoint packs have the same cards as previous packs?

Armymanis

So I have a question about the packs that are in the online store. I noticed the packs that were released only in the XY series are in the pokemon TCG online. The store does not contain the packs from Black and white series and others. The only way to get those cards are to buy off amazon and who knows if the codes would work since they are old, but brand new packs. I am wondering if the cards from the black and white series migrated over to the XY series and if its worth it to me just to keep buying packs online to unlock all the cards in the game? 

I am also wondering if i do end up buying the previous sets since the game was released in 2011 and they are brand new packs then will they work when i redeem them? 

So I have a question about the packs that are in the online store. I noticed the packs that were released only in the XY series are in the pokemon TCG online. The store does not contain the packs from Black and white series and others. The only way to get those cards are to buy off amazon and who knows if the codes would work since they are old, but brand new packs. I am wondering if the cards from the black and white series migrated over to the XY series and if its worth it to me just to keep buying packs online to unlock all the cards in the game?

I am also wondering if i do end up buying the previous sets since the game was released in 2011 and they are brand new packs then will they work when i redeem them?

To answer your first question, no. Each booster pack only contain cards from the set printed on the pack. So BP packs contain only BP cards, Flash Fire packs contain only FF cards, Plasma Freeze packs contain only PF cards, so on and so forth.

If you're intrested in getting BW and/or HGSS cards, your best bet is to accumulate tradable packs from the Standard sets and trade them for Expanded/Unlimited cards. If you really, really want to open the packs yourself, you could probably trade your packs for BW packs and open them. You should also make sure that you don't miss out on the ocasional bundle that contains packs fromolder sets in the token store.

As for your second question, I don't know. In theory they should still work, but I can't guarantee you anything.

If you buy a BLW series booster pack, there will be a code card in it, and the code will still work. If the codes didn't work at this point in time, there would be virtually no demand for PLF codes and BLW codes, due to them being unredeemable.

Hope this clears it up.

I used 2 next destinies codes that I got over a year ago and they worked just fine. If you get the codes from a reputable site, they should work just fine.

Archived