Plasma Deck?

Mifune1337

I tried reconstructing the "original" Plasma Deck but encontered a few problems.

Pokémon - 11

3 Thundurus-EX PLF 110
3 Lugia-EX PLS 134
4 Deoxys-EX PLF 111
1 Absol PLF 67

Trainer Cards - 36

4 Professor Juniper PLB 84
3 N DEX 96
3 Colress PLS 118
1 Random Receiver DEX 99
4 Roller Skates XY 125
2 Bicycle PLS 117
1 Computer Search BCR 137
4 Colress Machine PLS 119
3 Switch BCR 135
3 Team Plasma Ball PLF 105
3 Muscle Band XY 121
3 Pokémon Catcher PLB 83
2 Startling Megaphone FLF 97

Energy - 13

4 Plasma Energy PLB 91
4 Double Colorless Energy LTR 113
4 Prism Energy NXD 93
1 Rainbow Energy XY 131

Does anyone have ways to improve this deck so that its a bit more viable in the current format?
It's always been fascinating for me and I want to play out this strategy, but it just doesn't cut it.

Sadly, I don't think Plasma in general is viable anymore. They've pretty much been power creeped out of the format.

You might want to try it in the upcoming Legacy format if you can, though. Lugia will be without its Muscle Band, so that might be a problem, but it can still work.

Well I'm not really trying to be the best or something. I just want to try to use this deck somehow. But it needs some tweaks and I'm not really sure what should be changed :S

You have to adjust te deck a bit to today standards. I am playing it like this atm: 

* the best way to play in my opinion is with skyfield, cards like hoopa, shaymin, keldeo help alot. Hoopa for grabbing ex's you need and shaymin for card draw. Keldeo for free switching ofcourse. 

* absol is there as a non ex attacker to counter stuff like regice, or any safeguarder.

* Giovanni is a nice edition to get to the damage needed to KO with lugia, without the opponent expecting it at first.

* vs seekers for added supporter consistency. 

I hope this deck list helps a bit.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 15

2 Lugia-EX PLS 108
2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
2 Absol PLF 67
3 Thundurus-EX PLF 38
4 Deoxys-EX PR-BLW BW82
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 36
1 Keldeo-EX BCR 49

Trainer Cards - 33

1 Computer Search BCR 137
4 Professor Juniper PLF 116
1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 162
1 Shadow Triad PLF 102
1 Switch PRC 163
3 Colress Machine PLS 119
1 Colress PLS 135
3 VS Seeker ROS 110
2 N NVI 101
3 Sky Field ROS 89
1 Lysandre FLF 104
2 Float Stone BKT 137
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
3 Muscle Band XY 121
3 Trainers' Mail AOR 100

Energy - 12

4 Prism Energy NXD 93
1 Rainbow Energy XY 131
4 Plasma Energy PLS 127
3 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

You may have to add a hex maniac or 2 unfortunately... I know it will affect you also, but there are some people who still like to run pyroar and plasma decks do not contain any evolution lines usually, so it would be an instant loss. Or even better, add a plasma evolution line, nothing comes to mind atm besides umbreon plasma. Also there are some cards that block special energies, like Jirachi promo and Giritina EX, you have to find some way around that as well.

If you want to have an answer to EVERY deck, just play something else... but that's not my goal. It's just to play around with it and strengthen the deck itself, not find ways to get around certain obstacles.

Archived