Patch time?

LartenCrepsleyX

new to the game myself so i dont know the usual routine for patching.

i saw a few days back on the main pokemon page that there was going to be a increased rewards system for vs mode as well as a new legacy card mode added on march 16th (today).

curious what time they normally patch, and if at all there will be any long downtime (used to played mmos where downtime can range 1-10 hours for a patch at times so curious)

any info will be appreciated. if i posted this in the wrong place please let me know, i looked awhile for a general forum but didnt see one.

I believe they usually post a time in a red banner at the top of the forums at some point, not sure when that gets put up though.

Big patches usually are rightly and high announced. In the Announcements forum, in the pokémon website (quite hide because lot of different options there) and in the game itself when you try to enter (says the servers are under maintenance and an approximate time for the patch).

Big patches like a full new set use to last for a couple of hours and sometimes they expand the time needed because need more to finish actually. Use to be minor updates in the Announcement forum same thread the patch is announced.

Most long patch I've seen in 1 year was around 4 hours I think to include not only new sets (Break Through and some tins, bundles and so on) but also a full new interface for the whole game so it's not too much (even though is boring to wait anyway haha)

On the other side, shop new additions and minor new content (as redeemable tins) use to be announced but really doesn't take a while and usually are always late so when you will be able to redeem new codes is a lottery.

They usually say when a new maintenance is coming out in red on the login screen, there may be one soon to add the new legacy format!

Since Fates Collide will be released on May 4th (about 2 weeks from now), they might be waiting untill then to release the new patch along with the legacy format.

GonzoMD1993, on 20 Mar 2016 - 12:58 PM, said: Since Fates Collide will be released on May 4th (about 2 weeks from now)
lol really in 2 week we are 4th may ? :P

Guess you were asleep through all of april :o  :P

nvm lol xd The release date is in fact 4th of may but I just kind of forgot that april was a thing xd I guess I wanted to get the new expansion soon xd

nvm lol xd The release date is in fact 4th of may but I just kind of forgot that april was a thing xd I guess I wanted to get the new expansion soon xd

You sure its the 4th of may seems like they hyped this update up way to early then lol 

Just want to clarify that May 5th is the FCO release date, following the 10 year trend of set release dates.

You sure its the 4th of may seems like they hyped this update up way to early then lol

There's a good chance the update will be earlier. I thought they were waiting to make both updates at once since it's more efficient that way, but that was under the (wrong) assumption that there were 2 weeks left for that tp happen, when there are actually more like a month and a half left for the release xd

FC is confirmed for the 4th of May, but the update that will implement Legacy I have no idea.

EDIT: It's actually May 5th. I guess I got the release date mixed up with something else xd Thanks Seminc.

There's a good chance the update will be earlier. I thought they were waiting to make both updates at once since it's more efficient that way, but that was under the (wrong) assumption that there were 2 weeks left for that tp happen, when there are actually more like a month and a half left for the release xd

FC is confirmed for the 4th of May, but the update that will implement Legacy I have no idea.

EDIT: It's actually May 5th. I guess I got the release date mixed up with something else xd Thanks Seminc.

i wouldnt be surprised if it came earlier tbh since they said march 17th but they never really said why they delayed it 

I thought Mike or someone said Legacy is coming on March 24th, did I just imagine that? Hmm

I think the 16th was the original plan, but that fell through. Now its become a confusing mess that nobody knows how to decipher. It could come on the 24th, or tomorrow (Surprise!), or as late as May 5th... Who knows.

It seems to me that the new bonus wheel will in fact be less generous than the current one sinceEach bonus can only be claimed once per day"

Or do they mean that each of the 10 bonuses of the wheel can only be claimed once a day which would give us up to 10 bonuses per day?

It seems to me that the new bonus wheel will in fact be less generous than the current one since " Each bonus can only be claimed once per day"

Or do they mean that each of the 10 bonuses of the wheel can only be claimed once a day which would give us up to 10 bonuses per ****

* hope they mean that each of the ten bonuses can only be claimed once a day. Otherwise I might just take my ball and head over to MTGO or Hearthstone.

* hope they mean that each of the ten bonuses can only be claimed once a day. Otherwise I might just take my ball and head over to MTGO or Hearthstone.

LOL

Yeah ... I make amend, it was rather obvious.

No need for you to go anywhere xD

Yeah ... I make amend, it was rather obvious.

No need for you to go anywhere xD

ptcgo will keep growing and becoming even more addicting and awesome XD 

It seems to me that the new bonus wheel will in fact be less generous than the current one sinceEach bonus can only be claimed once per day"

Or do they mean that each of the 10 bonuses of the wheel can only be claimed once a day which would give us up to 10 bonuses per day?

From what i understand, everyday the new bonus wheel will have 10 bonus, and on said day only 1 bonus can be redeemed once on that day, So if you redeemed 1 bonus on said day, it cannot be redeemed until the next day, which I am going to assume is going to be different reward im not sure. But everyday it wil reset, like a daily challenge in a way. This is just from what i understand from reading it so don't take my word for it :D

Archived