Can't pick card when using Astonish

PrideSP

The game automatically chooses it for you. I don't like that. In real life, the player would be able to choose it. Now I understand the cards is set up so that Pokemon are to the left and so forth. But in real life we get to choose which card. It should be like that for this game. When we use it, the computer just randomizes the hand and we pick the card. It just feels better and more satisfying when we do it then the computer. Please change this. Thank you.

The game automatically chooses it for you. I don't like that. In real life, the player would be able to choose it. Now I understand the cards is set up so that Pokemon are to the left and so forth. But in real life we get to choose which card. It should be like that for this game. When we use it, the computer just randomizes the hand and we pick the card. It just feels better and more satisfying when we do it then the computer. Please change this. Thank you.

I second this.

astonish failed to work right and everyone was astonished.. sounds kinda ironic doesn't it? :P

I personally feel that this should be implemented, but only after shuffling the hand (since the game doesn't seem to do it normally- meaning a ghetsis+ astonish would mean you could pick the card)

As you stated, they can't let you choose a card from the sorted hand.  So if the game is already randomizing your selection, it makes little difference.

As you stated, they can't let you choose a card from the sorted hand.  So if the game is already randomizing your selection, it makes little difference.

IMO, the difference would be in the fact that the game (may or may not have code that can do this) could fudge the RNG if you are winning and discard a card (such as a duplicate supporter) that would have little effect on your opponent.

If the hand was opened in a separate window face down, and shuffled, then the game would be a lot less likely to have interference from a "smart" RNG.

Archived