Scrafty/ Virizion EX Deck Idea

DotCopple44

Hi guys! I have another deck idea, and I think it is a good enough strategy to build a deck around.

Scrafty FFI and Virizion EX PLB make a very good duo. Use Scrafty to do up to 150 damage, add muscle band, and that can knock out most EX pokemon. The problem is it confuses Scrafty, giving the opponent the upper hand. Use Virizion EX's ability, (this would require a grass energy on Scrafty), to make Scrafty not confused anymore.

For 3 energy, doing up to 170 damage, I think that would be a pretty decent deck idea.

:cool:

DotCopple44, on 15 Mar 2016 - 8:01 PM, said: Hi guys! I have another deck idea, and I think it is a good enough strategy to build a deck around. Scrafty FFI and Virizion EX PLB make a very good duo. Use Scrafty to do up to 150 damage, add muscle band, and that can knock out most EX pokemon. The problem is it confuses Scrafty, giving the opponent the upper hand. Use Virizion EX's ability, (this would require a grass energy on Scrafty), to make Scrafty not confused anymore. For 3 energy, doing up to 170 damage, I think that would be a pretty decent deck idea. :cool:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for fun and creative decks, but this deck has one huge flaw and it isn't the confusion: it's the deck's reliance on perfect RNG.

A quick probabilistic analysis of the move reveals that there's only a 1/8 chance of doing 170 with a muscle band. There's also a 3/8 chance of dealing 120, which is only meh, a 3/8 chance of dealing 70, which is almost negligible, and a 1/8 chance of doing 0, which is terrible.

If you take the weighted average, the expected value for damage is aproximately 90 damage. So while hitting for 170 damage with just 2 energies sounds attractive, in reality you will be doing around 100 damage most of the time, which isn't terrible but isn't great either.

Could probably work as a fun gimmicky deck to play in VS every now and then, but it's not really too strong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for fun and creative decks, but this deck has one huge flaw and it isn't the confusion: it's the deck's reliance on perfect RNG.

A quick probabilistic analysis of the move reveals that there's only a 1/8 chance of doing 170 with a muscle band. There's also a 3/8 chance of dealing 120, which is only meh, a 3/8 chance of dealing 70, which is almost negligible, and a 1/8 chance of doing 0, which is terrible.

If you take the weighted average, the expected value for damage is aproximately 90 damage. So while hitting for 170 damage with just 2 energies sounds attractive, in reality you will be doing around 100 damage most of the time, which isn't terrible but isn't great either.

Could probably work as a fun gimmicky deck to play in VS every now and then, but it's not really too strong.

The coin flips may be a huge problem even if you use trick coin, but it isnt very consistent. Also it will require 2 darkness energy and with your strategy, a grass energy to play, in my opinion, somewhat hard to set up as well.

Archived