[CARD] Mystery Energy (Phantom Forces #112) - Can't Retreat when this card is attached to Mewtwo (Unnamed)

Xensor

mystery energy for psychic wont allow my mewtwo to retreat.

This card can only be attached to Psychic Pokémon. This card provides Psychic Energy only while this card is attached to a Psychic Pokémon.

The Retreat Cost of the Pokémon this card is attached to is 2 energy    less.

(If this card is attached to anything other than a Psychic Pokémon, discard this card.)

mewtwo's retreat is 2 energy cost. which means that when i retreat it shouldn't ask me for 2 energies to discard.

it does it on other psychic pokemon to.

This card can only be attached to Psychic Pokémon. This card provides Psychic Energy only while this card is attached to a Psychic Pokémon.

The Retreat Cost of the Pokémon this card is attached to is 2 energy    less.

(If this card is attached to anything other than a Psychic Pokémon, discard this card.)

mewtwo's retreat is 2 energy cost. which means that when i retreat it shouldn't ask me for 2 energies to discard.

I think that is a glitch

The Retreat Cost of the Pokémon this card is attached to is 2 energy less.

Well, one of 3 things could have happened here:

• You evolved to M Mewtwo X, which has a 3 retreat cost. [nvm about this one. As semnic pointed out, you'd still be able to retreat. It just wouldn't be for free.]
  • You were retreat locked. There's a couple of pokemon that can do that, such as Ariados, Haunter, and Dragaggle
  • This is a bug.

I'm more inclined to believing the 2nd one was what happened and you didn't realize it. You should probably try to reproduce the glitch. If you still can't retreat when you're certain you aren't retreat locked, then this is a bug.

Well, one of 3 things could have happened here:

• You evolved to M Mewtwo X, which has a 3 retreat cost.
  • You were retreat locked. There's a couple of pokemon that can do that, such as Ariados, Haunter, and Dragaggle
  • This is a bug.
I'm more inclined to believing the 2nd one was what happened and you didn't realize it. You should probably try to reproduce the glitch. If you still can't retreat when you're certain you aren't retreat locked, then this is a bug.
^^This right here

Also, M Mewtwo-EX can retreat with only 1 Mystery Energy attached.

Retreat cost is three. Then subtract two from the cost.

The retreat cost is now 1, allowing you to retreat with only one Mystery Energy.

The algorithm for Mystery Energy could be a bit glitchy, as the mechanic seems a bit tricky. It's perfectly possible for this to be a result of the Mystery Energy code being iffy.

^^This right here

Also, M Mewtwo-EX can retreat with only 1 Mystery Energy attached.

Retreat cost is three. Then subtract two from the cost.

The retreat cost is now 1, allowing you to retreat with only one Mystery Energy.

The algorithm for Mystery Energy could be a bit glitchy, as the mechanic seems a bit tricky. It's perfectly possible for this to be a result of the Mystery Energy code being iffy.

Right, right. I always end up forgetting something when I post xd Thanks for the catch, I'll add that to the post.

Right, right. I always end up forgetting something when I post xd Thanks for the catch, I'll add that to the post.

nope big glitch. mine is only 2 retreat cost. as i stated. i am using mega y. it should of retreated. i was not retreat locked either. it did it 3 times lately.

nope big glitch. mine is only 2 retreat cost. as i stated. i am using mega y. it should of retreated. i was not retreat locked either. it did it 3 times lately.

Is the "Done" button selectable when the retreat dialog show up (before you choose what energy to discard)? If so, it could just be the protocol for retreating.

Is the "Done" button selectable when the retreat dialog show up (before you choose what energy to discard)? If so, it could just be the protocol for retreating.

when i hit retreat with mystery energy this is what it does:

it askes for the energy to be selected (select 2 to retreat)

done is shown.

its not active unless you choose 2 energies.

normally with mystery energy it would just show done button active and not ask for energy to be removed. even with retreat locks it wouldnt show the option to retreat so thats not the problem. its a bug. i have tried it in 3 matchs: 1st time i noticed it was a vs match. other 2 times was when i tested it against ai. did the same. i even tried it on a 1 energy cost poke for retreat. nothing. it askes for energies to be removed and when u select 2 it removes em from the poke. i thought maybe it did it as a standard way but no it will remove the energies.

when i hit retreat with mystery energy this is what it does:

it askes for the energy to be selected (select 2 to retreat)

done is shown.

its not active unless you choose 2 energies.

normally with mystery energy it would just show done button active and not ask for energy to be removed. even with retreat locks it wouldnt show the option to retreat so thats not the problem. its a bug. i have tried it in 3 matchs: 1st time i noticed it was a vs match. other 2 times was when i tested it against ai. did the same. i even tried it on a 1 energy cost poke for retreat. nothing. it askes for energies to be removed and when u select 2 it removes em from the poke. i thought maybe it did it as a standard way but no it will remove the energies.

Okay, that sounds bugged. I'll test this anyway tho.

Hi Xensor!

If you could get a screenshot depicting the issue, we'd greatly appreciate if you sent that to us via support ticket! :) You can create a ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question".

Thanks for your report and your patience!

Hey there!

Along with Poplar's request, could you also provide a game log and a deck list in your ticket? The dev team is also curious to know how the Mystery Energy entered play. Was is by an Ability, such a Meowstic's Energy Present? Was it pulled from the discard pile by an Ability or Trainer card? Or was it just played from the hand? Oh! And if it was from your hand, was the Mystery Energy in the discard pile before that instance?

Let us know!

Archived