suggestion for a possible brother format to legacy

semeai

So after the legacy format announcement I thought the biggest weakness of the format is that it will be a static format since no new sets would be released for it. And honestly I still believe that this is a big problem for legacy. But while we're on the subject of creating formats...

I will say up front I don't understand the programming requirements necessary to accomplish this... and if it takes too much work I can understand not wanting to try this, but how about we create a 4th format that is a "rolling" format.

basically every new set release (or every new mid-set update, since that might take the work load off of the massive set release updates) you select 10-15 random sets from the entire PTCGO pool of sets and create a format with it. and this format changing every couple of months will keep things fresh, while also allowing the use of old and new cards together.

This would keep the rolling format fresh and interesting, while also creating hundreds of potential new decks, new interest in cards people never thought about, new ideas for shop items since you'd need the packs for those sets, and would be a boost for the in game economy.

What does everyone think?

This actually would be a 5th format because of theme deck format. I think this is a great idea but it might be too much work.

Archived