What About Different Playmats?

JamesPup

I'm not sure if this has ever been suggested but the idea that everyone could have a playmat that they either win, traded for, bought in shop, or was given would be great. There are different coins, sleeves, and deck boxes. The next thing would be different playmats.

I realize that the opponent wouldn't be able to see your playmat because there can only be one or would they? What about if each player gets to decide their side of the mat. So there would be two playmats that are put together that create the big playmat used for battles now. 

A playmat could have different Pokémon, energy types, and trainer combos and the like. I guess I could see also that there is just one playmat and the player with the advantage would have their playmat used. Still I really like the idea of each player having their own side of the playmat that they choose to use in battles best.

I know this is not super important like patching up a bug yet I feel most players would love this idea. So what are peoples thoughts on this suggestion?

I honesty really love this idea and would really enjoy it too. I have been wondering if this was a feature or not and that I just havent seen anything. I love collecting different interesting gameplay, so having a mat I could change out every now and then would be incredibly awesome.

In one of the early builds, there was a setting to toggle playmats, but it didn't do anything (there were no playmats in game). The button has since been removed.

If 2 player's playmates don't match then it wouldn't be very pleasing to look at and I wouldn't want to see someone else's playmat over riding mine, I problably won't like it. The best thing is to have the playmat take up the whole space and each player only sees their own.

Archived