Thoughts on Flareon-EX deck...

rgp151

Trying to get thoughts on this deck before I commit to trading for the Flareons. I have 1 that I luckily pulled.

The Pyroar are mainly to combat Water, especially Regice. Dedenne is to counter Yveltal and Lugia. I really wanted a Target Whistle, but.. 

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 11

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
4 Flareon-EX GEN 106
2 Litleo PHF 11
2 Pyroar FLF 20
1 Dedenne FFI 34

Trainer Cards - 37

1 Skyla BCR 134
1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 162
1 Super Rod BKT 149
1 Lysandre AOR 78
1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97
3 Scorched Earth PRC 138
4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
3 Blacksmith FLF 88
1 Escape Rope PLS 120
2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
1 Pokémon Catcher PLB 83
4 Max Elixir BKP 102
3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
1 AZ PHF 91
1 Switch BCR 135
2 Professor Sycamore XY 122
3 Shauna XY 127

Energy - 12

12 Fire Energy Energy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I'd swap a blacksmith out for another battle compressor. With 4 vs seekers, you can effectively search your deck for it in most cases. 1 blacksmith could even work but 2 makes it harder for both of them to be prized.

The main reason for running 3 Blacksmith is Item Lock. I could optimize the deck for non-Item Lock opponents and then just take Trevenant as an auto-loss, but I'd rather try to make the deck generally good. with 3 Blacksmith the chances are good that I'd be able to draw into one early against Trevenant and be able to OHKO him.

You could probably take out a flareon ex because you will really never need all 4

It's just to try and lead off with the Flareon.

Team Magma's Camerupt?

Burning Draft, then Flash Fire?

I'd maybe take Flare Command Pyroar. You could Blacksmith to PHF Pyroar, use Flare Command and then Flash Fire the second energy from Blacksmith to Flareon EX.

Why not bring Charizard EX? With FSB it's super annoying to KO and it can use Max Elixir on the bench. Having stage 1 support doesn't seem as good as having other basics that can ***** Max Elixir.

So I've gotten 3 Flareons. Oh man, yeah, its that good. I'm still trying to trade for the 4th as I think it will be well worth it. The fact that Flareon hits for 110 is so critical. It lets you 1 hit Trevenant and Shaymin easily, which makes all the difference.

I've beaten Darkness, Garchomp, and Trevenant with this deck, even when they got turn 1 item lock going first, and even when I started with a Shaymin (I did get lucky and go first and start with AZ in hand that time). I think 3 Blacksmith is defiantely right. I'd consider 3 VS Seeker and 2 Lysander if I really wanted to ensure a better matchup against Trev, but I'm holding this for now. I haven't used the Dedenne yet, so I may take that out if I have a few more good matchups against Yveltal without needing it.

Edit: 

I'll add. I put in Dedenne for Yeveltal, but it seems like Pyroar is good enough to counter Yveltal. Actually Pyroar is really strong in this deck. I put it in mainly to counter Regice, but its been even more useful. Counters Night March too, Yveltal, Lugia, and just plain helpful in many situations. I may even go to 3X3 Pyroar, but probably not.

I think Pyroar is WAY better than Camerupt in this deck. I can't think of a single situation where I wanted to use Flareon's ability, but lacked an energy to pull. If Flareon's ability were like Aromatise, so you could move as many energy as you wanted, then yeah, maybe Camerupt, but you can only move 1 per turn anyway, so with 4 Max Elixir and Blacksmith, there is always energy available to be moved. 

Archived