Awakening of Psychic Kings (Pre-Analysis)

wwhsdjhudj

Woah... I have been following the release of some of these cards and I have been kinda impressed ^^. So right now, I am going to do a pre-analysis that is going to be updated as more cards are released! Mainly because I like doing this, but also, because I want to hear your guys thoughts of the set before its released! (So I can grab anything good when it comes out  :P  jk). So here it starts, the preliminary analysis of the upcoming set, XY10, The Awakening of Psychic Kings! (mouthful :)

Work in progress, Keep checking in! :)

Fighting!

1. Carbink – Fighting – HP90 (possibly)
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Safeguard
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon by your opponent’s Pokemon-EX.

[F][C] Power Gem: 40 damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Really surprised when they showed this guy! I already saw that carbink break would be good (You guys will see it next) But this basically sells the thing. Safeguard has always been great in the game due to the huge number of ex's floating around, and now its back on a fighting type, but not just any fighting type, one that can break evolve. The attack is mediocre, not worth it, but the break's attack is! (As you will see :P) Works well with a lot of things, possibly the new zygarde ex. (Anything else I am missing?)

2. Carbink BREAK – Fighting – HP110
BREAK Pokemon – Evolves from Carbink

BREAK Evolution: This Pokemon has the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of the Carbink it Break Evolved from.

[F] Diamond Gift: 20 damage. Attach 2 Energy cards from your discard pile to 1 of your Pokemon.

Game changer here!!!!! I didn't think much of it until closer inspection. All I saw was a weak attack and thought that this was another weak break that won't see play. Man, was I wrong! Sure the attack only does 20 damage, but it can be powered up with strong energy, muscle band, fighting stadium, and any other power ups for fighting types that I happened to miss. The effect though is enormous, attach 2 energy cards to 1 of your pokemon. Stop and think about that. With that effect, that means you can also attach any special energy to your pokemon! So say hello to 2 instant strong energies, or even 2 double dragon energies! With this, the possibilities are endless!

3. Zygarde-EX – Fighting – HP190
Basic Pokemon

[F] Earth Pulse: 20 damage. This attack does 20 more damage if there’s a Stadium card in play.

[F][C] Cell Storm: 60 damage. Heal 30 damage from this Pokemon.

[F][F][C] Ground Force: 100 damage.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

They basically brought Lucario EX back in this guy, I like it though, just because with all the powerups fighting types get, it can do massive damage! Pair it with carbink break and it could make for a devastating combo! Especially with his little tool I guess you can say (Hint: Squishy XD) anything im forgetting here?

3.5 Power Memory – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The Zygarde-EX this card is attached to can also use the attack on this card. (You still need the necessary Energy to use this attack.)

[F][F][C] Cell Burn: 200 damage. Discard 3 Energy attached to this Pokemon.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Woah, now this reminds me of something... what was it... Oh yeah, genesect ex and it's g blaster if I remember correctly XD Again makes for a devastating combo with carbink break and strong energy, and float stone :D

4. Regirock-EX – Fighting – HP180
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Regi Power
Each of your [F] Pokemon does 10 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon. (Excluding Regirock-EX.)

[F][F][F] Bedrock Press: 100 damage. During your opponent next turn, any damage done to this Pokemon by attacks is reduced by 20.

Weakness: Water? (x2)

Retreat: 3

Yet another blast to the past! This time Deoxys-EX with power helix! Again, great for powering up fighting types! (Wow fighting types are getting a huge boost in this set...) Enough said here I believe, mediocre attack, nothing great.

There are some more fighting types which I will add in later, I just want to add the major cards right now :)

Water types!

1. Glaceon-EX – Water – HP170
Basic Pokemon

[W][C] Second Bite: 20+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each damage counter on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[W][C][C] Crystal Ray: 70 damage. During your opponent’s next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokemon by Evolved Pokemon.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Retreat: 2

This one caught my eye! When paired with the already existing jolteon ex, these two are basically impervious to anything! Except Breaks, which are not really considered a normal evolution or mega evolution. It is a water type so it can be healed easily with rough seas to keep bringing the pain :P And with muscle band, you can have Crystal Ray hitting for 90 which also makes its first attack, Second Bite, viable hitting for 130 the next turn if they don't heal, for a total of 220! Not bad in my opinion...

2. Omastar – Water – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Omanyte

Ability: Restoration Beam
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for a Restored Pokemon and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[W][C] Spinning Attack: 60 damage.

Here is a fun guy to play!! Omastar finally makes a splash by making Fossil Pokemon viable! (see what I did there? :P) But seriously though, it might be helpful to bring out some easy fossil pokemon like the new aerodactyl without having to worry about the whole restored fossil business. But the real threat is the break! :)

3. Omastar BREAK – Water – HP140
BREAK Pokemon – Evolves from Omastar

Omastar BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.

Ability: Dangerous Tentacles
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon-EX and switch it with his or her Active Pokemon. 

Okay so I like this card. It is a little costly to set up but it is worth it in my opinion! Basically a free Lysandre per turn to knock out those Shaymin's that everyone is using! Again high cost to get it, but maybe it's worth it, what do you guys think?

4. White Kyurem – Water – HP130
Basic Pokemon

[W][C] Burning Icicle: 40 damage. If this Pokemon has any Fire Energy attached to it, choose 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon and do 20 damage to each of them. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

[W][W][C] Blizzard Burn: 130 damage. This Pokemon can’t attack during your next turn.

Weakness: Metal (x2)

Ok... not bad... Blizzard burn definitely has that huge drawback but if I am right, that condition is removed when switched to the bench, so it doesnt make it unviable!

Pyschic!

1. Alakazam-EX – Psychic – HP160
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Spoon Bending
When this Pokemon evolves into M Alakazam EX, you may place 2 damage counters on your opponent’s Active Pokemon and 3 damage counters on 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon.

[P][C] Suppression: Place 3 damage counters on each of your opponent’s Pokemon that has any Energy attached to it.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance:

Not too bad... can work well with crobats and aegilash to spread damage, main goal is to evolve into Mega Alakazam. Enough said I believe.

2. M Alakazam-EX – Psychic – HP210
Mega Evolution – Evolves from Alakazam-EX

When 1 of your Pokemon becomes a Mega Evolution, your turn ends.

[P][C] Zen Force: 10+ damage. This attack does 10 damage plus 30 more damage for each damage counter on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

Resistance:

Now this could be nice... XD Again works with crobat nicely! Think about it, with 5 damage counters on the opponent, 160 damage, or even 180 with muscle band XD, pretty cool in my opinion XD

3. Grumpig – Psychic – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Spoink

[P] Head Walking: Choose a Basic Pokemon in your opponent’s discard pile, put it onto their Bench, then place 3 damage counters on it.

[P][P] Beat Skip: 50 damage. Your opponent switch his or her Active Pokemon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon.

Might not have as much play but still can be good against nightmarch! Think about, bring back a joltik for an instant ko, not too bad...

4. Mew – Psychic – HP50
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Beginning Memories
This Pokemon can use the attacks of each of your Basic Pokemon in play. (You must still have the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

[C] Encounter: Search your deck for a Pokemon card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Retreat: 0

Wow, the creators are really focusing around nightmarch in these last few sets! Mew-ex is out, but Mew is back with the same ability and 1 less prize cards to be taken! Pair with Fighting Fury Belt, and you have a 90 HP nightmarcher! not too bad XD (I say that a lot don't I?)

5. Crobat BREAK – Psychic – 160 HP
BREAK Evolution – Evolves from Crobat

Crobat BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.

[C][C][C] Silent Bite: 60 damage. You may leave your opponent’s Active Pokemon Paralyzed. If you do, shuffle this Pokemon and all cards attached to it into your deck.

Heck yes.... XD accelgor is back with a harder to set up but way more damaging way!!!!

Dark Time! (One of my favorite parts XD, besides steel of course)

1. Umbreon-EX – Darkness – HP170
Basic Pokemon

[C] Night Veil: 20 damage. Discard any number of cards from your hand. Then, draw an equal number of cards from your deck.

[D][C][C] End Game: 70 damage. If damage from this attack Knocks Out your opponent’s Active Mega Evolution Pokemon, take 2 additional Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)

First off, the powerhouse of the dark types, Umbreon! Let's start with the 1st attack, people may disregard this attack but being able to get rid of cards (NightMarchers) and drawing more is not bad XD Main attraction, End Game! It really does end the game XD this card is really unique in the fact that it allows for the chance to get 4 prize cards from koing a mega XD Definitely will keep at least 2 in my decks XD.

Tyranitar – Darkness – HP160
Stage 2 – Evolves from Pupitar

Ability: Roar of Anger
You may use this Ability when you play this card from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon. Attach as many [D] Energy cards from your discard pile to this Pokemon as Prize cards your opponent has taken.

[D][D][D][D][D] Dark Mountain: 150+ damage. Discard the top 2 cards of your deck. This attack does 50 more damage for each Supporter card discarded in this way.

Retreat: 4

I like this even though people may disregard it! Sure the attack is costly, but it does do 150+ damage, up to 250 by itself! So far people have tended to forget that deevolution spray is being reprinted! if your opponent has already taken 2 prize cards, evolve to attach 2 energy, devolve, then evolve again on your next turn to attach 4 energy in 2 turns! XD

3. Mandibuzz – Darkness – HP110
Stage 1 – Evolves from Vullaby

[C] Bone Drop: Choose 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon that has an Ability. This attack does 60 damage to that Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

[D][C][C] Cutting Wind: 80 damage.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)

Awesome! XD I love how they try to destroy shaymin in any way possible XD For just 1 energy of any type, jolteon, and a widelens, insta ko a shaymin on the bench XD

Steel types! Or as they call it in the card game, metal!

1. Bronzong BREAK – Metal 
BREAK Pokemon

All we know at the moment it has been announced, bronzong metal links is great, so here's hoping for an extra power-up XD

2. Genesect-EX – Metal – HP180
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Cassette Change
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may return a Pokemon Tool attached to this Pokemon to your hand.

[M][M][M] Rapid Blaster: 100+ damage. You may discard as many [M] Energy from this Pokemon as you like. This attack does 20 more damage for each [M] Energy discarded in this way.

Weakness: Fire (x2)

Pretty interesting card! Keep switching between Fighting Fury Belt, Muscle band, and Float Stone, and it is great for switching in and out to get powered up by metal links xD. Discard 3 metal energies to dish out 160 damage, 170 with FFB and 180 with Muscle Band, switch and the regain them with your benched Bronzongs XD.

3. Lucario – Metal – HP110
Stage 1 – Evolves from Riolu

[M] Vacuum Wave: 50 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance.

[M][C] Fight Alone: 30+ damage. If you have less Pokemon in play than your opponent, this attack does 60 more damage times the difference in the number of Pokemon you and your opponent have.

Yes! I am all for the underdogs and this Lucario promotes it! When you have less pokemon then your opponent on the field it does more damage with Fighting Alone! 1 Less=90, 2 Less=150, 3 Less= 210 4 Less=270 5 Less= 330, (Sky Field in play!) 6 Less= 390, 7 Less= 450!!!!!! Thats a lot of damage!!!

Dragon PowerHouse

1. Kingdra-EX – Dragon – HP170
Basic Pokemon

[C] Heavy Storm: 20 damage. Discard any Stadium card in play.

[W][C][C][C] Dragon Trail: 60+ damage. This attack does 30 more damage for each basic Lightning Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)

So far the only dragon type revealed, but it does pack somewhat of a punch! Can work nicely with your expanded eels or even m manectric or even magnazone! with 1 water and 3 lightning energies, you can hit for a pretty nice 150 damage!

2. M Garchomp-EX – Dragon – HP210

Mega Evolution – Evolves from Garchomp-EX

[W][F][F][C] Crimson Edge: 180 damage. This Pokemon does 10 damage to itself times the number of damage counters on it.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Retreat: 0

Not in the set but I had to include it XD. Those bad garchomp promos we've had are finally updated! This monster has a spirit link so automatically not bad! Works well with carbink break and 2 DDE in your discard pile, hint hint! XD

Fire will scorch this set!

1. Delphox – Fire – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Braixen

[R] Swaying Flame: 40 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Asleep.

[C][C][C] Psycho Storm: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage times the number of Energy attached to all Pokemon (both yours and your opponent’s).

Weakness: Water (x2)

Simple card here, basically seeing the return of a familiar gallade (psychic)

2. Delphox BREAK – Fire – HP180
BREAK Evolution – Evolves from Delphox

Delphox BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.

Ability: Flare Watch
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for a [R] Energy and attach it to 1 of your Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Not as simple! Sure it might be hard to set up, but adding energy is worth it XD. This could be one of the best assisters we have seen in a long time when paired with mystical fire delphox, which allows you to draw until you have 6 cards in your hand!

3. Ho-Oh – Fire – 120 HP
Basic Pokemon

[C] Stoke: Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for up to 2 [R] Energy and attach them to this Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[R][R][C][C] Fire Wing: 100 damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)

Ok... Pretty costly card, not sure if it will see a lot of play but nice art!

4. Ho-Oh BREAK – Fire – HP150

BREAK Evolution – Evolves from Ho-Oh

Ho-Oh BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.

[R][R][R][C][C] Shining Flame: 160 damage. This Pokemon can’t use Shining Flame during your next turn.

The Ho-oH we saw in the very first episode is back! Again like Blizzard Burn previously mentioned, a somewhat hard attack to use unless you keep switching, add a very high energy cost and you have this card.

Colorless! (Not good against anything :/)

1. Altaria-EX – Colorless – HP170
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Powerful Gale: 30+ damage. If this Pokemon was healed during this turn, this attack does 60 more damage and remove 3 counters from this Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Shining Winds: 80 damage. This Pokemon has no Weakness during your opponent’s next turn.

When a Pokemon-EX Has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

The sole reason I kept colorless later XD I figured if they followed their trend, this altaria would also be colorless and I was right! (When mega was revealed of course) Overall though, mediocre card nothing special here even if it could be handy with shrine of memories or the huge lightning decks.

Audino-EX – Colorless – HP180
Basic Pokemon

[C] Drain Slap: 20 damage. Heal 20 damage from this Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Friend Loop: 60+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each of your Benched Pokemon.

When a Pokemon-EX Has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Not too bad but nothing special here. If you have a full bench with skyfield, it can do 130 by itself.

New Cards:

Cards marked as SYNERGY CARDS obviously have SYNERGY with each other XD

Wormadam – Grass – HP110      (SYNERGY CARD)
Stage 1 – Evolves from Burmy

[G] Solar Ray: 20 damage. Heal 20 damage from each of your Pokemon.

[G][C][C] Leaf Cutter: 60+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 more damage.

Yes, can work well with moving energy around to heal all of your pokemon and get rid of more damage counters quicker XD

Mothim – Grass – HP90               (SYNERGY CARD)

Ability: Wormathought
As often as you like during your turn, you may move 1 damage counter from 1 of your Wormadam to another 1 of your Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Gust: 60 damage.

Retreat Cost: 0

Great for getting rid of those annoying damage counters! Hope it sees play with the others XD

Wormadam – Metal – HP100              (SYNERGY CARD)

[M] Revenge Attack: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokemon.

[M][C][C] Iron Head: 60+ damage. Flip a coin until you get tails. This attack does 20 more damage for each heads.

Or if you want to hit big, move 9 damage counters to this Wormadam and presto, 180 damage, enough to KO a EX!

Wormadam – Fighting – HP110           (SYNERGY CARD)

[F] Sand Spray: 30 damage.

[C][C][C] Twin Bomber: 60+ damage. If you have a Mothim on your Bench, this attack does 60 more damage.

Ok... not a great attack but not too terrible, provides diversity in type.

Barbaracle – Water – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Binacle

Ability: Hand Block
You can use this ability if you have a Stadium card in play.  As long as this Pokemon is in play, your opponent can’t attach any Special Energy cards from his or her hand.

[W][W][C] Claw Swipe: 70 damage.

Good bye special energies! (yes that means you NightMarch!!!!!) Oh wait... carbink break... Still if your opponents deck dont run Carkink, they will have a rough time XD

Carbink – Fighting – HP80
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Energy Keeper
As long as this Pokemon is in play, your Basic Pokemon’s Basic Energy can’t be discarded by effects of your opponent’s attacks, Abilities, or Trainers.

[F][F][C] Stone Edge: 60+ damage.  Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 more damage.

Not the Carbink that should break evolve but a great bench sitter! No more team flare discarding your cards and chuckling nastily in the back! No more of those Hammers!! Only good old basic energy xD

Zygarde – Fighting – HP90
Basic Pokemon

[F] Vigilance: Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon and switch it with his or her Active Pokemon.

[F][C][C] Aura Break: 70 damage. The [D] or [Y] Pokemon that was damaged by this attack can’t attack during your opponent’s next turn.

Interesting second attack, finally a card that shows what the pokemon does! Zygarde is supposed to protect against the other 2 and it shows here! 

Solosis – Psychic – HP30          (SYNERGY CARD)
Basic Pokemon

[P][C] Mini Link: 10+ damage. If there is a Solosis on your Bench, this attack does 30 more damage.

Oh... nice... I am liking the stack-ability possibility... The next one should be similar...

Duosion – Psychic – HP60              (SYNERGY CARD)
Stage 1 – Evolves from Solosis

[P][C] Double Link: 10 damage. If there is a Solosis on your Bench, this attack does 30 more damage. If there is a Duosion on your Bench, this attack does 60 more damage.

Yes, yes even better!!!

Reuniclus – Psychic – HP90                  (SYNERGY CARD)
Stage 2 – Evolves from Duosion

[P][C] Link Fusion: 10+ damage. If there is a Solosis on your Bench, this attack does 30 more damage. If there is a Duosion on your Bench, this attack does 60 more damage. If there is a Reuniclus on your Bench, this attack does 90 more damage. (Yes, they stack – 190 damage.)

Retreat Cost: 1

Oh heck yes!!!! Now this is nice! 1 renuniclus, 1 duosion and 1 solosis on your bench and you can hit for 190 with 1 energy and dimension valley! Now is that not awesome?

Bronzong – Metal – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Bronzor

Ability: Steel Fortification
As long as this Pokemon is in play, prevent all damage done to your Benched Pokemon by your opponent’s Pokemon’s attacks.

[M][C][C] Guard Press: 60 damage.  During your opponent’s next turn, damage done to this Pokemon by attacks is reduced by 20.

Resistance: Psychic (-2)

Another Barrier protection Mr. Mime.... Darn I wanted more Metal Links!

Bronzong BREAK – Metal – HP130
BREAK Pokemon – Evolves from Bronzong

BREAK Evolution: This Pokemon has the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of the Bronzong it Break Evolved from.

[M][C] Gold Rain: Discard as many Metal Energy attached to this Pokemon as you like. For each Energy discard in this way, choose the same number of your opponent’s Pokemon (you may choose the same Pokemon twice). This attack does 30 damage to each of those Pokemon for each time you chose them. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance.)

What? Why don't make metal links even better.... Oh well, I think we can work with this! 30 damage times the number of energy discarded to any pokemon you choose?? Now that has possiblity! For example, for 2 energy, you can ko 2 benched joltiks, or say you use trevenant and are trying to spread damage, this guy can help finish the job! Not the best but not the worst in my opinion... more of a unique card though, what do you guys think?

Exploud – Colorless – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Loudred

[C][C][C] Ambush: 80+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 40 more damage.

[C][C][C] Cacophony: At the end of your opponent’s next turn, discard the Defending Pokemon and all cards attached to it.

That second attack has potential! Now we just need a way to keep those defending pokemon in play....

ITEMS

Fossil Excavation Kit – Trainer
Item

Search your deck for up to 2 of Old Amber Aerodactyl, Helix Fossil Omanyte, or Dome Fossil Kabuto and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Yes... can be used to help spead up Omastar Break and get the rest of your fossilized destroyers out XD

Devolution Spray – Trainer
Item

Devolve 1 of your evolved Pokemon and put the highest stage Evolution card on it into your hand. (That Pokemon can’t evolve this turn.)

Always a necessity, can be used to activate an ability again or just save your evolution for a fresh stage 1 or basic.

Mega Catcher – Trainer
Item

Switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Mega Evolution Pokemon with his or her Active Pokemon.

Now this is interesting, basically a 100% sure chance of lysandring a mega with out going through pokemon catcher's flip effect or using lysandre.

Helix Fossil Omanyte – Trainer
Item

Look at the bottom 7 cards of your deck. You may reveal an Omanyte you find there and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

Fossil, we have seen these before, nothing new XD

Dome Fossil Kabuto – Trainer
Item

Look at the bottom 7 cards of your deck. You may reveal a Kabuto you find there and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

Old Amber Aerodactyl – Trainer
Item

Look at the bottom 7 cards of your deck. You may reveal an Aerodactyl you find there and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

Energy Pouch – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

If the Pokemon this Tool is attached to is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent’s Pokemon’s attack, return all Basic Energy attached to that Pokemon from your discard pile to your hand.

Now this is something I can spend hours talking about! But I wont XD. Now there is no real need to be scared of yveltal or lugia or m mewtwo y destroying all your energies! Have a deluge blastoise or magnazone out and keep on attaching energies to achieve maximum damage with no fear!

Twisted Spoon – Trainer
Item

Prevent all effects of attacks, except damage, done to the Pokemon this card is attached to (effects already on this Pokemon are not removed).

Pretty cool... can prevent pesky status effects or even better... raticate break XD

Altaria Spirit Link – Trainer
Item

Your turn does not end if the Pokemon this card is attached to becomes M Altaria-EX.

Yes, automatically makes the ex good since you dont need to waste a turn to evolve

Alakazam Spirit Link – Trainer
Item

Your turn does not end if the Pokemon this card is attached to becomes M Alazakam-EX.

Yes, automatically makes the ex good since you dont need to waste a turn to evolve

Will be continued soon! XD Keep checking back for more as they are revealed  :) WWhsdjhudj

Looks like my Garchomp Lucario deck is going to turn into a Carbink Zygarde deck. Zoroark would be good to put in as well to get Zygarde out of the active spot and get Carbink back in.

I have no idea why they keep the good support exclusive only to Fighting types, its weird ....

Anyways here are the standout cards:

-Zygarde-EX: Lucario-EX with more HP and a G Booster ! this will be huge and possibly own the Meta, no FA thou .... too bad.

-Regirock-EX, more Fighting Support ... yay , well Deoxys-EX is back ....

-Glaceon-EX: the prefect partner for the monstreous Jolteon-EX, this will see a huge amount of play i'm sure in Basic-Evolock decks !

-Umbreon-EX: the first EX revealed from this set with a unique attack that lets you take 4 prizes, it will see some play i'm sure, Giratina Umbreon decks maybe ?

-Kingdra-EX: why do they keep bringin past cards in new forms ? this is basically imo a better drx Rayquaza-EX, will see a lot fo play in Expanded with good ol' Eels or Standard with Magnezone

-Alakazam-EX & M Alakazam-EX: the prefect partners for Crobat ! and with the reprint of Devolution Spray this deck will be so fun !! Tier 1 ? no ... but fun !

-Carbink Break is possibly the Best support Break there is and i'm positive it will see a huge amount of play thanks to Safeguard and the fact that it can help ANY deck from the much awaited ZyBink to NM !

-Mew: again with the past returns ... did they run out of ideas ?? basically the same as Mew-EX will less HP and 1 less prize, NM will be even more annoying ...

that's about it !!

PS: Wwhsdjhudj sorry for dropping outta nowhere on ur thread :P

I have no idea why they keep the good support exclusive only to Fighting types, its weird ....

Anyways here are the standout cards:

-Zygarde-EX: Lucario-EX with more HP and a G Booster ! this will be huge and possibly own the Meta, no FA thou .... too bad.

-Regirock-EX, more Fighting Support ... yay , well Deoxys-EX is back ....

-Glaceon-EX: the prefect partner for the monstreous Jolteon-EX, this will see a huge amount of play i'm sure in Basic-Evolock decks !

-Umbreon-EX: the first EX revealed from this set with a unique attack that lets you take 4 prizes, it will see some play i'm sure, Giratina Umbreon decks maybe ?

-Kingdra-EX: why do they keep bringin past cards in new forms ? this is basically imo a better drx Rayquaza-EX, will see a lot fo play in Expanded with good ol' Eels or Standard with Magnezone

-Alakazam-EX & M Alakazam-EX: the prefect partners for Crobat ! and with the reprint of Devolution Spray this deck will be so fun !! Tier 1 ? no ... but fun !

-Carbink Break is possibly the Best support Break there is and i'm positive it will see a huge amount of play thanks to Safeguard and the fact that it can help ANY deck from the much awaited ZyBink to NM !

-Mew: again with the past returns ... did they run out of ideas ?? basically the same as Mew-EX will less HP and 1 less prize, NM will be even more annoying ...

that's about it !!

PS: Wwhsdjhudj sorry for dropping outta nowhere on ur thread :P

Darn it man! Lol whatever, it's all good though XD Thanks for providing the standout cards but there are more I will talk about and eventually provide all of the cards in the set XD. + you forgot some :P

is carbink break going to super uber duper rare like jolteon-ex?

my garchomp/giritina deck attempt just didn't work as you get knocked out before you can get going, but carbink break seems like a much better option.

is carbink break going to super uber duper rare like jolteon-ex?

my garchomp/giritina deck attempt just didn't work as you get knocked out before you can get going, but carbink break seems like a much better option.

Definitly not because Generations packs are a lot harder to get, When the set is released the FC packs will be as easy to get as BP is now so at the very best I expect Carbink Break to be around Greninja Break's level price-wise (around 3-4 packs at best)

Darn it man! Lol whatever, it's all good though XD Thanks for providing the standout cards but there are more I will talk about and eventually provide all of the cards in the set XD. + you forgot some  :P

No problem man, and yes but these are the ones that I see actually having a future in the Meta !

hey I just wanted to point out (before I actually finished reading) that devolution spray doesn't allow you to evolve again on the same turn. meaning even if you do devolve, you have to wait a turn to re-evolve, meaning a possible lysandre target.

My fav cards:

carbink break: great for late game!

regirock: great for early game boosts! (lucario-ex+ 4 regirock+ strong+ fighting stadium+ m-band= 130 damage turn 1!!!)

or if you considered carbink break, that's 20+ 40+ 20 + 20 (with m-band and strong energy- already a half ko!!!)

and bronzing break sounds super interesting (with or without genesect- I feel genesect may just be too energy-hungry to work well)

hey I just wanted to point out (before I actually finished reading) that devolution spray doesn't allow you to evolve again on the same turn. meaning even if you do devolve, you have to wait a turn to re-evolve, meaning a possible lysandre target.

or if you considered carbink break, that's 20+ 40+ 20 + 20 (with m-band and strong energy- already a half ko!!!)

and bronzing break sounds super interesting (with or without genesect- I feel genesect may just be too energy-hungry to work well)

True enough on the de-evolution spray! I didn't even think about that XD but if you could hold out without getting lysandred or even use it just to get energy out to have golduck break move them around it might work.

Genesect is very energy hungry but hopefully, thats where bronzong break can help out :)

Thanks for the feedback :)

The set's coming closer! XD anyone have any idea what the already announced delphox break and bronzong break will do?

I'm so mad about fighting getting all the attention once again. As if it wasn't easy enough to play and wreck.

Been waiting for ages for a new good Fairy Ex (Togekiss... jokes), or more variety in Grass as only Sceptile and Vespiquen seems viable at the moment. And same thing with dragon...

The problem lately imo is that we get so many irrelevant cards that you collect a whole set just to use 1 or 2 cards from it.  -_- 

Just saw in Twitter some images of the new Delphox + Delphox Break. Did anyone translate them already? Apparently the Break got an ability, but that's about all I can understand xD

Just saw in Twitter some images of the new Delphox + Delphox Break. Did anyone translate them already? Apparently the Break got an ability, but that's about all I can understand xD

Fates Collide Delphox Line

Fennekin - HP60

[R] Will-'o-wisp: 10

[C][C] Growl

Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's active Pokémon can't attack during your opponents next turn

Weakness = R*2

Resistance = 0

retreat = 1

Braixen - HP80

[R] Destruction Fire: 20

Flip a coin. If heads, discard an energy Attached to the defending Pokemon.

[C][C] Attractive Ribbon: 30

Weakness = R*2

Resistance = 0

Retreat = 1

Delphox - HP 140

[R] Swaying Flame: 40

The defending Pokemon is now asleep.

[C][C][C] Psycho Storm: 20x

This attack does 20 damage times the amount of energy attached to all pokemon (both yours and your opponent's).

Weakness = R*2

Resistance = 0

Retreat Cost = 2

Delphox BREAK - HP180

[Ability] Flare Watch

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for a fire Energy and attach it to one of your pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

EDIT* forgot to add Delphox's Weakness/Retreat cost

Fennekin - HP60

[C][C] Growl

Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's active Pokémon can't attack during your opponents next turn

Weakness = R*2

Resistance = 0

retreat = 1

Braixen - HP80

Weakness = R*2

Resistance = 0

Retreat = 1

Delphox - HP 140

This attack does 20 damage times the amount of energy attached to all pokemon (both yours and your opponent's).

Delphox BREAK - HP180

[Ability] Flare Watch

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for a fire Energy and attach it to one of your pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Dat Delphox tho. I've been wanting to make a good fire deck for a while and it looks like the time has finally come.  

Done updating!

Dat Delphox tho. I've been wanting to make a good fire deck for a while and it looks like the time has finally come.  

And ikr! Definitely will have to grab some copies before they get expensive XD

Another huge update last night! Sorry about the wait guys, I will be updating hopefully what will be one of the last times now :). And If you missed yesterday, some of the cards to look for are Crobat Break, Ho-oH break, Altaria ex, and M Garchomp EX!

The new cards are in! (Under New cards, just ctrl + F and type new cards, and you should find them :)) I will do an analysis soon enough on them, I had it done and then I got an error that got rid of them :| Hope you guys enjoy the new look at these cards, and as always please post if you think these can be good and how? XD

Done with the analysis on the new cards XD look through these new powerhouses and say what you think! Are these cards playable? Will they be tier ranked?  XD Voicing your opinion would be helpful :)

Also coming out around the time of the set will be shiny Kalos tins with shiny Xerenas, Shiny Bacon Bird, and I have no idea if that Zygarde Complete form is shiny, most likely promo reprints though

Fennekin - HP60

[C][C] Growl

Weakness = R*2

Resistance = 0

retreat = 1

Braixen - HP80

Weakness = R*2

Resistance = 0

Retreat = 1

Delphox - HP 140

Weakness = R*2

Resistance = 0

Retreat Cost = 2

Delphox BREAK - HP180

[Ability] Flare Watch

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for a fire Energy and attach it to one of your pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterward.EDIT* forgot to add Delphox's Weakness/Retreat cost

Thanks (and sorry for late reply). Both the new Delphox and the Break stage look interesting; I'm just not sure how viable they're going to be.

As for the other cards: can't wait to try Glaceon and Umbreon-EX. I feel Glaceon will make things harder for Garchomps, while Umbreon-EX taking four prizes from megas sounds like the best troll thing ever. XD

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldnt umbreon ex and mega catcher work well together? :P

Or wouldnt jolteon/glaceon ex be nice maybe throw in an archeops or 2 for a complete lock XD

Archived