Expanded = Night March Only?

Deja_Entendu

So I just made my first expanded deck. Nothing too special. However, I am instantly regretting the decision to trade for expensive expanded cards. My first 7 matches were all Night March. Is this the only thing played in expanded? If so, I guess I will take my ball and go back to standard lol. Pretty ridiculous.

So I just made my first expanded deck. Nothing too special. However, I am instantly regretting the decision to trade for expensive expanded cards. My first 7 matches were all Night March. Is this the only thing played in expanded? If so, I guess I will take my ball and go back to standard lol. Pretty ridiculous.

Not really there are many expanded decks

This is a bit akward but I will admit I'm guilty of spamming NM in expanded tournaments. The other day I realized while playing expanded that there were no trevenant decks and nearly no greninja decks. Under those conditions it's NM Heaven. It's just too good to pass up.

I do need to point out you are probably very low on the ELO(I believe it is called, correct me if I'm wrong) since it was your first time in expanded and so a whole lot of other beginners are also running NM in expanded, and the decks that destroy it(Lando-ex, bats, Trev, Greninja, laserbank, and stuff like that) are higher ranked cause they win more, so if you can be able to win consistently you will get up with the more competitive decks and out of the NM stuff. :)

Haven't seen a NM deck in a while... And when I do see it, it's really rare. Then again, I have a ton of expanded deck that counter NM decks if I were to see them, so it wouldn't really be an issue.

I do need to point out you are probably very low on the ELO(I believe it is called, correct me if I'm wrong) since it was your first time in expanded and so a whole lot of other beginners are also running NM in expanded, and the decks that destroy it(Lando-ex, bats, Trev, Greninja, laserbank, and stuff like that) are higher ranked cause they win more, so if you can be able to win consistently you will get up with the more competitive decks and out of the NM stuff. :)

Right on. Thank you.

good observation?

Well since Night March is so easy to make since its so cheap its seen alot more, while ill admit its annoying its not as bad as regice :P 

Well since Night March is so easy to make since its so cheap its seen alot more, while ill admit its annoying its not as bad as regice :P

funny you mention regice. i lsyande it in a heart beat and love to watch them quit. as for nm, lol dude if you ran into 1 match with it and the rest wasnt i wouldnt complain, unlimited is the place to be without nm worries but then u got shiftry

Well , you can see players use night march because they want to win so bad. And don't feel bad from getting out of nm you just stepped-out from the dark side.may the Force be with you.

to be honest I don't find nightmarch a problem in expanded. There are simply too many good cards to beat it (landorus-ex, landorus-ex, landorus-ex, darkrai-ex and kyurem plasma... Oh and did I mention landorus-ex?)

the fact is that some popular expanded exs are just too good at damage spread for night march to be such a big threat. Personally, I find that lando-bats, donphan and plasma seem to have an advantage in those matchups.

so, to conclude, I'd say you had pretty extreme luck to get 7 straight nm decks- play a little more and that should settle out :)

to be honest I don't find nightmarch a problem in expanded. There are simply cards too many good to cough it (landorus-ex, landorus-ex, landorus-ex, darkrai-ex and kyurem plasma... Oh and did I mention landorus-ex?)

the fact is that some popular expanded exs are just too good at damage spread for night march to be such a big threat. Personally, I find that lando-bats, donphan and plasma seem to have an advantage in those matchups.

so, to conclude, I'd say you had pretty extreme luck to get 7 straight nm decks- play a little more and that should settle out :)

yea. heck even mewtwo can ohko em if its played right and actually used at the right moments.

I will admit I do play Night march decks, but I'm moving to standard  with NM once fates collide realeses. There is a mew in that set that works better with it than Mew-EX.

Archived