Help?

bhuvan1

Before I actually say anything, I hope this is in the right place. If not, please notify me so I may learn how this forum system works.

Okay, so I am new to the Pokemon Trading Card Game Online and I recently purchased a "Wave Slasher" theme deck. As it was part of the Breakpoint expansion, I expected to receive a Greninja BREAK in the deck. (This didn't happen). This leads me to my question:

How does one go about collecting EX, BREAK and Mega Cards in the Pokemon TCGO. Are booster packs the only way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry if this is a very simple answer.

Before I actually say anything, I hope this is in the right place. If not, please notify me so I may learn how this forum system works.

Okay, so I am new to the Pokemon Trading Card Game Online and I recently purchased a "Wave Slasher" theme deck. As it was part of the Breakpoint expansion, I expected to receive a Greninja BREAK in the deck. (This didn't happen). This leads me to my question:

How does one go about collecting EX, BREAK and Mega Cards in the Pokemon TCGO. Are booster packs the only way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry if this is a very simple answer.

Hey don't worry about it, that's what the forum  is here for. You can feel free to ask more things in the future. Questions that concern collection can probably be placed under In-Game Item Exchange or even PvP. Feedback is usually to post suggestions and complaints (non related to bugs or technical issues; those 2 have their own section), but don't feel bad about posting this here. If a mod really deems it necessary they will move it to the proper section.

As for your actual question, the Theme Decks currently sold in the shop do not contain BREAK cards or EX cards, and there are (probably) no plans to include them in future theme decks.

You can get any non-promo card from booster packs of course. That aside, you can trade for thesse cards as well. The VS ladder rewards also always contain 2 copies of 1 EX card. Right now, and probably for a few more months from now, the EX cards in the VS ladder can only be used in the Expandend and Unlimited formats (and the upcoming new format, Legacy).

Archived