Login Servers are Busy...

MainEventQK

Is anyone facing the same problem with the busy servers as I am? The login servers been busy all day! Sort it out ***.

I get the same message. It says to wait 35 seconds. I wait. Then it just resets to the login screen. I have done this 10 times now. I get the impression that this is not a 'server' problem, but a coding problem. If it were the servers, the timer would be meaningful and when it times down, I would get in. 

This is not ******* acceptable. PTCGO needs to realize there are paying customers who can only play at a certain hour of the day. How many players are there in total anyway?

I can empathize with you, PCCobain. The thrill of opening packs albeit online spoiled by a **** server. I wanted to log in to check out my trades. I wish the trading part of the game could be done outside of it like right on this website itself. Perhaps the consumer base of PTCGO isnt as vast as I hoped.

This is not ******* acceptable. PTCGO needs to realize there are paying customers who can only play at a certain hour of the day. How many players are there in total anyway?

My friend, calm down. Believe me when I say that I understand your frustration, but you must understand that it's unreasonable to expect the servers to never have problems.

The servers are up and running (albeit with some bugs and disconection issues) 99% of the time. That the one time of your day where you can play just so happened to have fallen in that 1% where the servers are down is a simple, unfortunate coincidence.

I'm honestly a bit sickened by how entitled some people feel. The staff does make mistakes, as they are, like all of us, human and thus imperfect. Despite of this, they do their best to keep the servers working most of the time. And then, the instant one thing goes wrong, people start flooding them with demands and insults. This is just not fair at all.

I'll drop this disclaimer here because I don't want you to think that I'm pointing the finger to you specifically. There have been much worse posts in the past. This bull happens every single time the server go down for some reason, and I'm just about fed up with it. This is the reason we're not taken seriously when we post actual feedback or improvement ideas, because all we do is complain the little things that can't be helped anyway and in the most disrespectful way possible. So this goes to everyone out there thinking that "this is unacceptable" and/or "I demand a compensation".

That the staff works to make the game better for us doesn't mean you can order them around and treat them however you like. Saying stuff like "the servers are ****," " the staff doesn't care", "mistakes are unacceptable" or any such other comments are in no way respectful, and worse of all they do NOT help to bring the servers back up faster. A simple "Hey, the servers are down. I'm getting error X. I hope this get's fixed soon" is much more respectful and it still properly conveys thecore of your message.

Sometimes people get a little too lost in their annonimity and forget that they are dealing with real people. Irl if you have a problem with anauthority or with someone providing you with some kind of service, you respectfully walk up to them and state your issue. And if you really do treat those people like garbage too, with all due respect, you're the worst.

(Again, reminder this isn't pointed against you specifically. So please don't take anything I said personally.I just want the community as a whole to understand that these kind of comments do not help solve the issue faster and simply hurt the users' ability to be taken seriously).

For the record, I only had 15 or so minutes this morning to play, and I couln't because of this. But I don't complain about it, because I realize that this was just an unfortunate coincidence and that these sort of things are bound to happen from time to time. And before you bring it up, no, it's not that I can brush it off because I don't spend money in this game, because I do. I'm also a paying customer, if you will, but I try to be reasonable and cut them some slack.

My friend, calm down. 

I'm honestly a bit sickened by how entitled some people feel.

Sometimes people get a little too lost in their annonimity and forget that they are dealing with real people. Irl if you have a problem with anauthority or with someone providing you with some kind of problem, you respectfully walk up to them and state your issue. And if you really do treat those people like garbage too, with all due respect, you're the worst.

(Again, reminder this isn't pointed against you specifically. So please don't take anything I said personally.I just want the community as a whole to understand that these kind of comments do not help solve the issue faster and simply hurt the users' ability to be taken seriously). 

Wheew. I am so glad you are there to defend to devs. I know they were counting on you to speak up. Those crazy people who post about game feedback issues in the Game Feedback section of the forum are such whiners, right? When a game lies to me ("the servers are delaying you for 35 seconds"), my first instinct is usually to just ignore it and go about my day. But today, I ignored that instinct. I checked the forums and communicated that there is a problem.  At least I didn't take it personally, like some people, right? </sarcasm>

I wish it was only an isolated incident but it isnt. The game is known to crash during versus matches. The servers arent powerful enough to handle the volume of data. That is what I concur from my experience so far. 

The forums are meant as a portal for us players to vent our frustrations so obviously our manner of speech wont be as professional as it would in a real time conversation. You overreact to this. If game developers were as sensitive as you, they'll be crying at their desk every week.

My frustration stems from past gaming experience; some companies like Ubisoft just keep making the same mistakes of taking fans for granted. (this is coming from a HoMM fan) I fear the same could happen here. Lets hope Im wrong on this.

10:39 am EST. I was able to login successfully. Login was a bit longer than normal, but there were no error notifications of any kind. 

Good job, game developers. everything is up and running.  Im sure no one was hurt by my all so hurtful 'insults' as alluded to by the 1993 guy eh?

I wish it was only an isolated incident but it isnt. The game is known to crash during versus matches. The servers arent powerful enough to handle the volume of data. That is what I concur from my experience so far.

The forums are meant as a portal for us players to vent our frustrations so obviously our manner of speech wont be as professional as it would in a real time conversation. You overreact to this. If game developers were as sensitive as you, they'll be crying at their desk every week.

My frustration stems from past gaming experience; some companies like Ubisoft just keep making the same mistakes of taking fans for granted. (this is coming from a HoMM fan) I fear the same could happen here. Lets hope Im wrong on this.

Then it is impossible for us to understand each other, because we have a fundamentally different idea of what the meaning of the forums are for.

You believe that this is a place that's meant for players to come vent their frustrations.

I have a different idea of what this place is. I have a more idealistic view of the forums, which is admitedly naive and perhaps foolish, but I truly do not see a difference between a virtual comunity and physical one. After all, behind each of those avatars is sitting a real, sentient human. People forget that a lot, and I like reminding them of it.

I believe the forum is a place for us to improve the game. The feedback section specifically is there for us to give our view of what works and what doesn't, and to give suggestions to the dev team.

By principle, I believe that we should all treat each other with respect at all times. But lets say you aren't as fettered as I and think that I'm a fool. I'll present you the problem from a more practical point of view.

There are things in the game that you obviously don't like and would like to see changed. This time is the connection issues, but players have complained about many things in the past. So, if you want to make your game experience more enjoyable, you have to change the things you don't like, right?

Here's the thing: you, as a user, cannot (directly) change anything. The only ones with such power are the Developers. The mods and TPCi act as a bridge between us and them.

Now think about this: there are millions of people who play this game. That includes a lot of people who don't come here to the forums, people who will keep playing this game regardless of what maybe going on here. The game has a vast, secure playerbase that will sustain the game no matter what happened. Even if every last person who threatened with leaving because the game is bad actually left, the game would still survive.

What this means is that the staff is under no practical obligation to listen to jack of what we say. It's technically in their job description, but in reality they can just keep copy/pasting "Thank you for your feedback, it has been sent to the dev team", and just completely ignore it later, and with that their job is already done.

So what effect do rude, venting comments have?

>Firstly, and most importantly for you, they will fail to have any impact in the game. Your comment will just ignored.

>Secondly, you are just giving a hard time to everyone who is trying to do something to improve the game.

So how do you get the staff to actually listen to you? Easy, justbe nice, state your opinions, problems and suggestions respectfully. They are much more likely to show true interest in it and do something about it instead of just giving you a copy/paste response and forget about it. The only way to move foward and progress is cooperation, not being hostile and making demands.

The staff can't, in fact, afford to be as sensitive as me, because regardless of what I might say about it there will always be people with zero sensibility and tact, and if they were sensitive to such comments they would have quit the joba long time ago. But that fact in no way justifies being hostile towards them. I believe that I am a fair person, and if the staff does something wrong I will not try to prove that they are right. Servers have been an issue for a while, but they do work most of the time, and I know the staff does all that is within their power to bringit back up asap.

You can disagree with me, and that's fine. But I disagree with you too, and I will do everything that I can to make of this communiy a better and friendlier place for everyone, staff and users alike.

Archived