Whats Best Deck for standard right now

Kitabdar

I don't think there's one best deck right now.

Garchomp destroys ex's.

Trevenant break gives garchomp and night march a hard time.

Mewtwo ex is good because of damage change and mega mewtwo y.

Water decks have a lot of support from breakpoint. Greninja Break is probably the most popular.

Night march is still good.

Those are probably the 5 decks I see the most. Garchomp is probably the most popular deck right now. Not sure how long you've been gone, but everyone runs Shaymin ex from Roaring skies. And things like judge and garbotoxin have been reprinted.

The last few releases have really balanced things out a lot IMO, and made it so that its much harder to have a single really dominant deck. I would say that right now there is nothing like Night March or Mega Ray was a few months ago.

It seems like to me anyway, that just about every deck has some pretty hard counters. Also, right now it seems like with Generations there are a lot of new decks, so I can't say I've seen it all. 

But the more common top stuff seems to be:

Garchomp

Trevenant Break (several different builds)

Oh-Ho-EX (typically with Mega Manectric)

Raticate Break

Greninja Break

Yveltal-EX

Mega Manectric & friends still 

I think Night March is quite a bit weaker now. The item lock stuff have kind of scared me away from really fast decks like Night march, Vespiquen, Mega Ray, and even Mega Mewtwo.

Anyway, that's what I'm seeing off the top of my head.

The last few releases have really balanced things out a lot IMO, and made it so that its much harder to have a single really dominant deck. I would say that right now there is nothing like Night March or Mega Ray was a few months ago.

It seems like to me anyway, that just about every deck has some pretty hard counters. Also, right now it seems like with Generations there are a lot of new decks, so I can't say I've seen it all. 

But the more common top stuff seems to be:

Garchomp

Trevenant Break (several different builds)

Oh-Ho-EX (typically with Mega Manectric)

Raticate Break

Greninja Break

Yveltal-EX

Mega Manectric & friends still 

I think Night March is quite a bit weaker now. The item lock stuff have kind of scared me away from really fast decks like Night march, Vespiquen, Mega Ray, and even Mega Mewtwo.

Anyway, that's what I'm seeing off the top of my head.

oh yeah, forgot about this, but Toad/Bats is still competitively viable. It's not that common, but it works still

dont forget the killer of night march the king himself bats :P i personaly hate bats but there is nothing like getting a crobat out and otk a joltik while using the golbat the turn before to kill something else with an attack. personaly my favorite deck on the ladder is the greninja but thats me

dont forget the killer of night march the king himself bats :P i personaly hate bats but there is nothing like getting a crobat out and otk a joltik while using the golbat the turn before to kill something else with an attack. personaly my favorite deck on the ladder is the greninja but thats me

Trevenant and Greninja have completely destroyed Night March. 

Hi there,

I have not played a Mewtwo-EX deck for a while now and wanted to build a new one.

What would be the best options , M Mewtwo EX Y alone or X alone or a combo of both.

Could you share with us the best deck-lists.

Thanks

If you look around on the forums there are set lists for both, just use the search function. 

Prior to the rise of Trevenant I would have said that Mega Mewtwo X was better. Now I'm not sure either one is that great. I'd say that if you aren't going against an Item Lock deck then Mega Mewtwo X is much better. With the new Fighting Fury Belt, however, I think you need to add in a Megaphone. The way I ran it was with 1 Xerosic (mostly for Focus Sash), but now I'd add a Megaphone in addition to that. 

But, with Trevenant I'm not sure it's worth running either Mewtwo honestly. Mega Mewtwo X is heavily item dependent, and also needs to run at least 3 if not 4 Dimension Valley, which are all going to be dead card vs Trevenant. I ran it with 4 Dimension Valley and 2 Shrine of Memories.

You can run Mega Mewtwo Y with just 3 or 4 Shrine of Memories IMO. Best to run all Damage Swap Mewtwos if you try it these days IMO, because the main advantage of the other one is that she can OHKO anything weak to psychic, but its foolish to run anything weak to psychic these days (except maybe stuff with a Focus Sash), so you won't get much use out of that. At least with Damage Swap you can counter OHKO a Trevenant (but not a Break).

I've run Mega Mewtwo Y with Trevenant (2 of each type). It's not bad, but honestly now I'm running Trevenant/Lugia-EX with the same concept and its better due to so much more room in the deck. But if I were going to run either Mega Mewtwo now, I'd probably go with Trevenant/MM Y.

If you look around on the forums there are set lists for both, just use the search function. 

Prior to the rise of Trevenant I would have said that Mega Mewtwo X was better. Now I'm not sure either one is that great. I'd say that if you aren't going against an Item Lock deck then Mega Mewtwo X is much better. With the new Fighting Fury Belt, however, I think you need to add in a Megaphone. The way I ran it was with 1 Xerosic (mostly for Focus Sash), but now I'd add a Megaphone in addition to that. 

But, with Trevenant I'm not sure it's worth running either Mewtwo honestly. Mega Mewtwo X is heavily item dependent, and also needs to run at least 3 if not 4 Dimension Valley, which are all going to be dead card vs Trevenant. I ran it with 4 Dimension Valley and 2 Shrine of Memories.

You can run Mega Mewtwo Y with just 3 or 4 Shrine of Memories IMO. Best to run all Damage Swap Mewtwos if you try it these days IMO, because the main advantage of the other one is that she can OHKO anything weak to psychic, but its foolish to run anything weak to psychic these days (except maybe stuff with a Focus Sash), so you won't get much use out of that. At least with Damage Swap you can counter OHKO a Trevenant (but not a Break).

I've run Mega Mewtwo Y with Trevenant (2 of each type). It's not bad, but honestly now I'm running Trevenant/Lugia-EX with the same concept and its better due to so much more room in the deck. But if I were going to run either Mega Mewtwo now, I'd probably go with Trevenant/MM Y.

Thanks a lot for the insight... I will check the deck-lists already posted on the forum

Anyone have a basic Shell for Garchomp and or Raticate..

I've never seen these decks..

I can give you something for garchomp.

Pokemon (13)

4x gible

2x gabite

4x archomp

1x hawlucha

1-1 octillery or 2 Shaymin ex

Trainers (26)

3x Korina

2x sycamore

2x birch

1x lysandre

3x vs seeker

4x ultra ball

4x rare candy

2x muscle band

1x focus sash

2x fighting stadium

1x super rod

1x professor's letter

Energy (8)

4x strong energy

4x fighting energy

Other pokemon can include any fighting types of even something like Zoroark. Other trainers would be things like level ball, switch/escape rope, float stone, and more draw supporters. You shouldn't need any more energy unless you run something that would use dce.

I've seen people running Maxie's garchomp without even using gible. In that case, you'd want a lot of battle compressors and more backup attackers.

Thanks a lot for the insight... I will check the deck-lists already posted on the forum

mega mewtwo y is the best options. shatter shot or x-b all is ur best option for basic one. trev really isnt a isse for mewtwo as if you got the x-b all one its just more easier for it to ohko the poke infront of you. as for the items lock, well thats nothing really either specially if you have the right cards to play at the right time like hex. use that put links then evolve and boom mega y in play without end turn.

As mentioned, think there is not one best deck and it somewhat depends on your purpose...

For climbing ladder... Anything that forces quick wins... (Or loses)

Trevenant, night March, greninja

Tournaments... Where win percentage matters most.

Not sure here, I've played a lot of psychic decks lately and yveltal decks have dominated me. Seen a few good steel decks with bronzong and scizor/zoroark or others.

"Hard Counter" decks

Garchomp to ex decks

Trevenant to night March, garchomp

Yveltal to psychic decks

Mew decks seem well rounded however have problems with garchomp and dark.

I've played a good unique huh oh, smeagle deck as well

Archived