[GAME] Tournaments - "Waiting For Your Opponent To Load The Game" message, followed by automatic win

Deja_Entendu

So I just joined a 4 ticket tournament and I have been staring at the screen for 5 minutes with the message "Waiting for your opponent to load the game". What am I supposed to do? Should I back out and try to rejoin or will I lose my tickets?

You should start a hunger strike until he returns.

consider it done.

but no. I backed out and opened the program again and it put me back in the tournament but he was still not there and I won. very odd.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Deja_Entendu!

My apologies for the delay! Have you experienced this again since your initial report? It may have been a one-time quirk, possibly related to the game server.

Let us know if this continues to occur.

Thanks for your report and your patience! :)

In my experience, this happens when an opponent disconnects before the match starts. The timer will wait for them to load the game until 60 secnd of inactivity, then it will disconnect them, and give you the win.

It happened in my first tournament.  I ended up getting a win in the second round before finishing the third game in three turns thanks to a very lucky initial draw.

I've also found my game stalling mid-match in a Trainer's Challenge.  In one-player mode, I was having problems playing.  It seems to be a connection thing because the icon did come up.

Archived