need some advice or help

Xensor

i have 18 rs packs. i am not sure if i should get another shaymin-ex or if i should get more ex or other type of cards. i am mostly a mewtwo-ex deck. but i was thinking of getting wailord and suicune to make a mil deck. i know kinda annoying type but i figured it would be a good way of farming coins and farming the vs ladder real fast.

or if i should try for lock decks. which i never played before tho.

How many Shaymin do you already have?

As for farming Decks, I would go along the route of really aggressive Decks that set up really fast, as people usually concede if your setup is too fast/good.

How many Shaymin do you already have?

As for farming Decks, I would go along the route of really aggressive Decks that set up really fast, as people usually concede if your setup is too fast/good.

1 shaymin ex

i had one but i cant get a good hand

i have 18 rs packs. i am not sure if i should get another shaymin-ex or if i should get more ex or other type of cards. i am mostly a mewtwo-ex deck. but i was thinking of getting wailord and suicune to make a mil deck. i know kinda annoying type but i figured it would be a good way of farming coins and farming the vs ladder real fast.

or if i should try for lock decks. which i never played before tho.

Shaymin EX is kind of a big investment if you have a limited amount of packs. If you want my opinion, you should probably experiment with a different kind of deck from the ones you've used so far. Playing the same thing over and over again can only entretain you for so long. It can get really old really fast.

If you want to try a mill deck you could experiment with some combination of bunnelby, durant and Houndoom EX (just the regular EX, not the mega). Wailord / Suicune is surprisingly dissapointing to play. You'll probably rofl for a good 10 matches at your opponents raging, then you'll get bored of it, believe me xd I tried the Wailord Stall deck and it got boring way faster than I thought it would.

I heard Sableye is a good mill deck, but I honestly have no idea what the deck consists of, how hard it is to get its pieces or if it's fun to play. Apparently is kinda slow though due to the ungodly long animations, so if you're looking for something fast to farm, as boring as it sounds, NM is probably your best bet. Shiftry farming used to be a thing, but it's getting guillotine'd in the next patch (plus it's kinda boring to play).

Lock decks are an interesting choice. I only use a Trev item lock deck, but there are a few other options you could explore (not sure if Toad / Bats is still a thing. I see them very sparingly so I don't really know).

If you're ok with the decks you currently have, you could try to start completing your collection.

You can also save packs for upcoming expansions, but the next one is still a few months away, so by then you will (probably) have more packs already.

Shaymin EX is kind of a big investment if you have a limited amount of packs. If you want my opinion, you should probably experiment with a different kind of deck from the ones you've used so far. Playing the same thing over and over again can only entretain you for so long. It can get really old really fast.

If you want to try a mill deck you could experiment with some combination of bunnelby, durant and Houndoom EX (just the regular EX, not the mega). Wailord / Suicune is surprisingly dissapointing to play. You'll probably rofl for a good 10 matches at your opponents raging, then you'll get bored of it, believe me xd I tried the Wailord Stall deck and it got boring way faster than I thought it would.

I heard Sableye is a good mill deck, but I honestly have no idea what the deck consists of, how hard it is to get its pieces or if it's fun to play. Apparently is kinda slow though due to the ungodly long animations, so if you're looking for something fast to farm, as boring as it sounds, NM is probably your best bet. Shiftry farming used to be a thing, but it's getting guillotine'd in the next patch (plus it's kinda boring to play).

Lock decks are an interesting choice. I only use a Trev item lock deck, but there are a few other options you could explore (not sure if Toad / Bats is still a thing. I see them very sparingly so I don't really know).

If you're ok with the decks you currently have, you could try to start completing your collection.

You can also save packs for upcoming expansions, but the next one is still a few months away, so by then you will (probably) have more packs already.

my issue is mostly with my one deck is not that i am really getting bored. it just cant get the cards i need to get up and running to ohko in about 2 turns or so.

also i been thinking of ways ot make others rage before the match even starts. as i said i have 18 rs packs. i was thinking of getting a hoopa-ex for shaymin and jirachi, and another mewtwo and lugia. then use them as back up.

but i dont know yet.

i am trying nxd 57 gard with my mewtwo deck but cant seem to get it set up in time to be able to use it.

my issue is mostly with my one deck is not that i am really getting bored. it just cant get the cards i need to get up and running to ohko in about 2 turns or so.

also i been thinking of ways ot make others rage before the match even starts. as i said i have 18 rs packs. i was thinking of getting a hoopa-ex for shaymin and jirachi, and another mewtwo and lugia. then use them as back up.

but i dont know yet.

i am trying nxd 57 gard with my mewtwo deck but cant seem to get it set up in time to be able to use it.

I know you play with x-ball mewtwo as your main attacker, but have you considered running Psychic Infinity M Mewtwo as your main attacker instead. I think I saw a M Mewtwo in one of your decklists, but if you could run a 3-3 line with 3 spirit links it would be more reliable.

Psychic Infinity doesn't apply weakness, but the fact that it scales x30 with a base of 10 makes it better overall as an attack than x-ball. You can reliably have 2 DCE attached by turn 2, or even just 1 DCE and a psychic energy and still do enough damage to OHKO anything that isn't a mega (remember that your opponents need to attach energies too, or they can't attack, so you can count with your oppoent's active pokemon on having at least 2 energies by turn 2). M Mewtwo also benefits from Mega Turbo, which you can't use on the basic mewtwo.

That NXD Gardevoir looks really interesting, but the problem with it is that it does way too little for a Stage 2. It's ability will only provide you 1 extra energy (multiple energies on the same pokemon don't stack the ability), which a DCE can do way more efficiently. It has way too low HP for a Stage 2 (110 hp; completely normal for cards of its era, but it has a hard time keeping up with the times), and it's not even a decent backup attacker (you can technically attack with just 2 energies attached + dimension valley, but it only does 60 damage; ignoring effects doesn't really help too much due to its low damage output).

EDIT: NXD Gardevoir does stack with multiple energies, I misinterpreted the restriction. I still don't think it does enough for a stage 2 xd

I know you play with x-ball mewtwo as your main attacker, but have you considered running Psychic Infinity M Mewtwo as your main attacker instead. I think I saw a M Mewtwo in one of your decklists, but if you could run a 3-3 line with 3 spirit links it would be more reliable.

Psychic Infinity doesn't apply weakness, but the fact that it scales x30 with a base of 10 makes it better overall as an attack than x-ball. You can reliably have 2 DCE attached by turn 2, or even just 1 DCE and a psychic energy and still do enough damage to OHKO anything that isn't a mega (remember that your opponents need to attach energies too, or they can't attack, so you can count with your oppoent's active pokemon on having at least 2 energies by turn 2). M Mewtwo also benefits from Mega Turbo, which you can't use on the basic mewtwo.

That NXD Gardevoir looks really interesting, but the problem with it is that it does way too little for a Stage 2. It's ability will only provide you 1 extra energy (multiple energies on the same pokemon don't stack the ability), which a DCE can do way more efficiently. It has way too low HP for a Stage 2 (110 hp; completely normal for cards of its era, but it has a hard time keeping up with the times), and it's not even a decent backup attacker (you can technically attack with just 2 energies attached + dimension valley, but it only does 60 damage; ignoring effects doesn't really help too much due to its low damage output).

yea i know. i do use mega y. it is my main attacker. infact i use it as my attacker i have 2 megas and one xball for no mega. i have 2 xball, one photon wave. photon wave gets mega and one xball. other one is not evolved.

i know lately i been having a hard time getting good hands. this is every time the vs ladder resets it does this. idk what it is. i can go days with good hands. but when it gets closer to vs ladder resetting or the ladder resets i get bad hands.

i lately been starting with jirachi ex or shaymin ex and nothing to be useable to get anything. normally i already would had the first ex by now.

your actually wrong about the NXD gardevoir...

It's ability doubles EVERY psychic energy you have in play, the ability just doesn't stack (e.g. having 2 gardevoir in play would only double your psychic energy, instead of quadrupling it.)

why do i keep starting with shaymin or jirachi.

out of 18 pokemon. i have one jirachi and one shaymin. but i keep starting with them. 3 mewtwos. 2 kailas. but yet i start with those 2.

how do i stop that from happening.

this is my deck.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 16

1 Lugia-EX AOR 68
1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
2 Mewtwo-EX NXD 54
2 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 64
2 Ralts PLS 59
1 Kirlia LTR 124
2 Gardevoir NXD 57
2 Remoraid BKT 31
2 Octillery BKT 33

Trainer Cards - 30

2 Energy Retrieval PLB 80
1 Computer Search BCR 137
2 Hex Maniac AOR 75
2 Ultra Ball DEX 102
2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
2 Lysandre AOR 78
2 Max Elixir BKP 102
2 N NVI 92
2 Mewtwo Spirit Link BKT 144
2 Switch ROS 91
2 AZ PHF 91
2 Rare Candy PRC 135
2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
3 Shauna XY 127
2 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 14

10 Psychic Energy Energy 5
4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

i do not get how i start with shaymin or jirachi.

this is my deck.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 16

1 Lugia-EX AOR 68

1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60

2 Mewtwo-EX NXD 54

2 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 64

2 Ralts PLS 59

1 Kirlia LTR 124

2 Gardevoir NXD 57

2 Remoraid BKT 31

2 Octillery BKT 33

Trainer Cards - 30

2 Energy Retrieval PLB 80

1 Computer Search BCR 137

2 Hex Maniac AOR 75

2 Ultra Ball DEX 102

2 Professor's Letter BKT 146

2 Lysandre AOR 78

2 Max Elixir BKP 102

2 N NVI 92

2 Mewtwo Spirit Link BKT 144

2 Switch ROS 91

2 AZ PHF 91

2 Rare Candy PRC 135

2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

3 Shauna XY 127

2 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 14

10 Psychic Energy Energy 5

4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

i do not get how i start with shaymin or jirachi.

2 vs seeker nah very less 4 is the best amount

Use 2-3 compressors and 1 AZ

Use 3 rare candies

2 shaymins

1 lysandre

4 max elixir

1 hex maniac

3-4 ubs atleast

Energy retrievel and professor letter nit really important with max elixirs

Either remove shaymin or get another shaymin and remove 2-2 octillery

Run dimesion valley to use mewtwos second attack with only 1 energy while gardevoir is benched

Using shrine of memories 1-2 isnt bad in case you are against psychic pokemon and you dont have enouh energies to knock out your opponent with m mewtwo y because m mewtwo y doesnt hit weakness so shrine of memories might help

1 skyla is also important

2 vs seeker nah very less 4 is the best amount

Use 2-3 compressors and 1 AZ

Use 3 rare candies

2 shaymins

1 lysandre

4 max elixir

1 hex maniac

3-4 ubs atleast

Energy retrievel and professor letter nit really important with max elixirs

Either remove shaymin or get another shaymin and remove 2-2 octillery

Run dimesion valley to use mewtwos second attack with only 1 energy while gardevoir is benched

Using shrine of memories 1-2 isnt bad in case you are against psychic pokemon and you dont have enouh energies to knock out your opponent with m mewtwo y because m mewtwo y doesnt hit weakness so shrine of memories might help

1 skyla is also important

i got this from a poke site.

but i am removed nxd 57 and replaced it. the deck i am using now is doing pretty good tho.

but any ideas on how i could use the mega x version tho.

i got this from a poke site.

but i am removed nxd 57 and replaced it. the deck i am using now is doing pretty good tho.

but any ideas on how i could use the mega x version tho.

Mega x needs a little work but is a good card because in case you are dealing with regice / upcoming glaceon suicune you can play it

The only thing i know is 4 mega turbo and using max elixirs before evolving might help

Mega x needs a little work but is a good card because in case you are dealing with regice / upcoming glaceon suicune you can play it

The only thing i know is 4 mega turbo and using max elixirs before evolving might help

thats right with x nothing can stop it from attacking but safeguard. i dont even think safeguard can stop it tho can it?

thats right with x nothing can stop it from attacking but safeguard. i dont even think safeguard can stop it tho can it?

Safeguard cant stop it which is very cool

Safeguard cant stop it which is very cool

apparently it can stop it. which it shouldnt been able to. i just tried it on a suicune that had  that move.

it didnt work

apparently it can stop it. which it shouldnt been able to. i just tried it on a suicune that had  that move.

it didnt work

Was there a stadium in play? if there wasn't then that's the reason it can't get through safeguard.

Was there a stadium in play? if there wasn't then that's the reason it can't get through safeguard.

Mega Mewtwo X-EX’s “Vanishing Strike” deals 50 more damage if there’s any Stadium Card in play.  Despite the incredibly high-dealing damage being done by this Pokémon, the attack isn’t affected by any Resistance or any other effects that would affect this move’s power on the opposing Pokémon.  Also, take a look at that Energy Cost – you need just the right amount of Energy to get the job done.  If you can pull it off however, expect this Pokémon to deal massive damage.

it worked on regice after it did the 70 dmg to me without stadium. and yes there was a stadium in play. rough seas.

i dont know if its a bug or what. but it ko a regice after doing damage and a grass stage 2 with the same ability without stadium. so why not safeguard tho.

if its not suppose to work on it then it was a waste of 2 rs packs.

also: i thought it count weakness to. it didnt on a psychic pokemon

Mega Mewtwo X-EX’s “Vanishing Strike” deals 50 more damage if there’s any Stadium Card in play.  Despite the incredibly high-dealing damage being done by this Pokémon, the attack isn’t affected by any Resistance or any other effects that would affect this move’s power on the opposing Pokémon.  Also, take a look at that Energy Cost – you need just the right amount of Energy to get the job done.  If you can pull it off however, expect this Pokémon to deal massive damage.

it worked on regice after it did the 70 dmg to me without stadium. and yes there was a stadium in play. rough seas.

i dont know if its a bug or what. but it ko a regice after doing damage and a grass stage 2 with the same ability without stadium. so why not safeguard tho.

if its not suppose to work on it then it was a waste of 2 rs packs.

also: i thought it count weakness to. it didnt on a psychic pokemon

Yea forgot to mention was there a stadium in play ? If there wasnt than the attack wont damage suicune

Archived