How ''******'' is inappropriate?

Mega-Caterpie

Hello there! I want to start the game and I needed a screen name. So I chose ****** like my account name but they say that it is inappropriate. How is it even inappropriate in the first place? I guess I would have to change that name but still, I want to know.

Censoring is ridiculous here. Even pokemon names and numbers can be censored.

Try the number after 90 (if i recall properly) and the name of the ducks Misty used to have.

Lol, they changed your name to Mega-Caterpie! I saw your post before they changed your username.

I can never understand the censoring here. It's tooooooooo ridiculous.

Idk man. A lot of words that don't really make a lot of sense to censor are blurred out. We can all agree on the typical ones like dropping the f bomb, but some are really ridiculous. There are also some words that just so happen to be a swear word in another language (mostly spanish) so they end up getting censored here (even though most of the people who hang around here don't speak spanish xd There's an actual spanish forum which is where most latinos go to).

Hello Trainers,

We take chat and the protection of minors very seriously.  One thing to know is that the filter also takes into account foreign languages (since the Pokémon TCG Online is translated into 7 other languages, with UI support for another 5 languages).  So, it's very likely that while you might not think that word is something to be concerned with, it might be for someone with different sensibilities for language preference.

We always want your feedback.  If you feel the filter is being overbearing, please visit pokemon.com/support and enter a Question with the details and we can review.

Thanks very much!

Hey, while we're at this, there is something specific I've been meaning to ask about the censor. There are cerain specific combinations of numbers and symbols (can't remember now which ones, but I've had it happen to me when I'm doing my math to buy stuff from trading companies) that get censored.

I guess people can try to make obscene icons with numbers/symbols but it is a bit overbearing when I can't properly show the company that I'm doing my math right due to censors xd

It censors ; and ( together. Srsly, [censored for the younger audience] the [censored for the younger audience] censor.  :angry:

this censor is pretty ridiculous, not offensive, or inneundo words get even censored. I remember r-scape getting this much censor, but realized, that is more problematic so they removed it.

Archived